WorldQuant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.5

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

First is phone call from recruiter discuss how much my skills match with the position. Then there will be a online test on Linux/Unix, SQL, Then one basic language, I choose python. This test really need hands on experiences. If you pass the test, there will be a phone interview, half technical half behavior. The final round is onsite.

Interview Questions

• How do you compress files in Linux.   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

They make you take an online standardized test, ater which they begin a series of interviews. The interviews were pretty variable, and depend a lot on what the interviewer's background was. Ranging from probability/dice problems to very obscure knowledge based questions such as, "Do you know Bezout's theorem? " Some examples: 1. Given a list of N numbers you form all possible subsets of N-1 elements. You want to calculate the product of all the elements in the subset each subset. You are not allowed to use division. Provide an O(N) algorithm to do this. 2. You roll three dice, each of which can take values from 1 to 6. What is the probability that the maximum of the three rolls is p? 3. Given a random number from a uniform distribution, produce a random variable that is normally distributed. 4. Suppose the expected number of coin tosses to produce n consecutive heads is pn then find a relation between pn and pn+1.

Interview Questions

Seem a bit too pushy, for instance they simply set up interviews without even bothering to ask if I was available at that time. Gave me only a couple of days to decide on the offer.

Research Consultant Interview

Interview

Online based test. It takes about 3 months to participate in the competition and you need to compete with other people within your region to get a part-time offer. Leadboard is demonstrated on the website, so you could check how you performed compared to others.

Interview Questions

Interview

My initial communication is by email coincident with their early recruitment events in my country. The first round to filter out candidate is by having all the candidates taking written exams. Then they start phone call to a subset of test takers who look promising. I had 5 subsequent phone interviews before getting job offers.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WorldQuant in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process had a decent flow to it and was fairly timely going from first interview progressing to the 3rd interview. Very disappointed in the third interview due to the fact that the feedback that my recruiter provided to me was completely unrelated to anything that was covered during the interview. This leads me to believe that the individual conducting the interview either wasn't paying attention or confused my interview with another candidate. In either case, the last interview left me wondering if I was better off not getting an offer. 1) Phone Interview - Recruiter 2) Physical Interview - Recruiter 3) Phone Interview - WorldQuant HR / Head of Technology

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding HCI (Human Computer Interaction) were combined with various personality type questions. There were several instances where it seemed the interviewer was stressed and rushing to get the interview done even though my answers were very well thought out and concise.   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Interview

Didn't apply for this position, but got invited for online testing for this position. This was part time position working from home and web-based position.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I have an interview scheduled at 4:00pm with WorldQuant through a headhunter. I waited until 4:45pm and received no phone calls from WorldQuant. Called my headhunter, and was told the interviewer completely forgot he had a phone interview with me ! Highly unprofessional as a financial company.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: talk to me if you can.   2 Answers

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Old Greenwich, CT).

Interview

One phone interview Online test for 2 hours Code test for an hour 7 more in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How to win in casinos and few questions related to betting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant in December 2013.

Interview

Two on site interviews; Questions on probability/statistics and algorithms. (1) Find the 2nd largest element in an array with minimum # of comparison (2) Fair coin, expected number of throws until appearing 3 consecutive heads?

Interview Questions

• with your wildest imagination, give 3 things things that can predict the stock price   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

Sent my CV, got test invitation in 2 weeks, took the test, 2 weeks later they told me I failed it (dunno how that happened)

Interview Questions

• A lot of hard probability questions, also there are programming questions   Answer Question