WorldQuant

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Software Researcher Interview

Investment Software Researcher

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at WorldQuant in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had 5 phone interview in total. 2 with math questions and 3 with panel about resume, research . I also had 1 math test and 1 personality test.

Interview Question – There are some probability questions which is quite difficult. But you really do not need to solve to the end. They just want to test the way you think and solveproblems.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Investment Software Researcher Interview

Investment Software Researcher
Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WorldQuant in September 2012.

Interview Details – My interview prosess included 4 steps:

- Online test (45 questions, 2 hours)
- Personal Interview with direct manager (local)
- Personal Interview with Head of Quantitative Research team
- Personal Interview with Head of Software Research team

Interview Question – You must pass the online test before moving on to the next step. It is not extremely difficult, but you have to possess good knowledge of probabablity, statistics, & quantitative. You have 1 to 15 minutes to answer a question depending on the difficulty, thus you must be able to solve the probably immediately, no time to research online. Given the time constraint, the difficult part is that you MUST use math on a regular basis & remember which formulas to use. That was my problem, haven't used these tools for quite some time. I was pretty good at Math (top 1% for SAT & GRE), but I didn't pass the online test :-(

The interview could have been more well-rounded by giving the candidates more chance to present their capabilities beyond the online test result.
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at WorldQuant

Worked for WorldQuant? Contribute to the Community!

WorldQuant – Why Work for Us?

WorldQuant is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an international team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WorldQuant Investment Software Researcher interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by WorldQuant employees and interview candidates.