WorldQuant

www.worldquant.com

WorldQuant Investment Software Researcher Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Software Researcher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at WorldQuant in May 2012.

I had 5 phone interview in total. 2 with math questions and 3 with panel about resume, research . I also had 1 math test and 1 personality test.

Interview Questions
  • There are some probability questions which is quite difficult. But you really do not need to solve to the end. They just want to test the way you think and solveproblems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for WorldQuant

Investment Software Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WorldQuant in September 2012.

My interview prosess included 4 steps:

- Online test (45 questions, 2 hours)
    - Personal Interview with direct manager (local)
    - Personal Interview with Head of Quantitative Research team
    - Personal Interview with Head of Software Research team

Interview Questions
    • You must pass the online test before moving on to the next step. It is not extremely difficult, but you have to possess good knowledge of probabablity, statistics, & quantitative. You have 1 to 15 minutes to answer a question depending on the difficulty, thus you must be able to solve the probably immediately, no time to research online. Given the time constraint, the difficult part is that you MUST use math on a regular basis & remember which formulas to use. That was my problem, haven't used these tools for quite some time. I was pretty good at Math (top 1% for SAT & GRE), but I didn't pass the online test :-(

The interview could have been more well-rounded by giving the candidates more chance to present their capabilities beyond the online test result.

View Answer