WorldQuant

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – My initial communication is by email coincident with their early recruitment events in my country. The first round to filter out candidate is by having all the candidates taking written exams. Then they start phone call to a subset of test takers who look promising. I had 5 subsequent phone interviews before getting job offers.

Interview Question – Josephus Problem... You could find it on Wikipedia   Answer Question

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – Sent my CV, got test invitation in 2 weeks, took the test, 2 weeks later they told me I failed it (dunno how that happened)

Interview Question – A lot of hard probability questions, also there are programming questions   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a head hunter and after discussing my background, I decided to complete the application form. Then after two days, I got a phone interview by a committee of three people. The interview consisted of basic questions about my skill sets and probability-based brain teasers. I think I did pretty well but then I didn't commit myself too much and that might contributed to the result of not getting to the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – They love questions about coins.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher

I applied in-person and interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview. I was asked about things in my resume at first. Then, the questions shift toward my programming experience and basic mathematical knowledge. At the end, I was told to review my math and c++ for the online test.

Interview Question – What is the difference between Matlab and c++ in terms of data storing   View Answer

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – first round online test from their company, on basic programming, statistical analysis.

Interview Question – probability part   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR, phone interview about my background. Then I was invited to take part in written test at the office. About 40 questions 2-5 min time limit each. Then I was invited to 3 consequent hour interviews. Topics: probability theory (correlation, expectation), complexity of algorithms, discrete mathematics (graphs connectivity).

Interview Question – At a round table in random order seated 8 men and 6 women. What is the expected value of next sitting opposite-sex couples?   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at WorldQuant in March 2014.

Interview Details – First, I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview that was pretty much about my background.Then I had an online test that was quite difficult. The questions were completely different from popular tests like SHL. The test emphasised mathematics and the probability theory in particular. Some of the problems are really hard to solve if you do not already know the solution or at least an approach to the solution. Then I was inveted to 3 interviews. I was asked information about my background, some fit questions, but the bulk of the interviews was solving mathimatical and logical problems. After that I was invited to another series of interviews. I have taken only one by now. It was terrible because I had to solve probability problems while on the phone. It is very inconvinient to do that.

Interview Question – Do not want to disclose them   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WorldQuant in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round of technical questions - not too hard. 7 rounds of interviews (eliminatory).

Interview Question – Some game theory questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – A written test consists of 40 brain teasers. Very challenging.

Interview Question – The questions are very demanding. Need to finish within one and half hour.   Answer Question

Changping, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WorldQuant in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very compact interview process. No need for dedicated preparation. Awake your mind before the interviews and discuss with them if you do not understand the questions properly. Background checking can be daunting.

Interview Question – Most are brainteasers.   Answer Question

Worked for WorldQuant? Contribute to the Community!