WorldQuant

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – Sent my CV, got test invitation in 2 weeks, took the test, 2 weeks later they told me I failed it (dunno how that happened)

Interview Question – A lot of hard probability questions, also there are programming questions   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a head hunter and after discussing my background, I decided to complete the application form. Then after two days, I got a phone interview by a committee of three people. The interview consisted of basic questions about my skill sets and probability-based brain teasers. I think I did pretty well but then I didn't commit myself too much and that might contributed to the result of not getting to the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – They love questions about coins.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher

I applied in-person and interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview. I was asked about things in my resume at first. Then, the questions shift toward my programming experience and basic mathematical knowledge. At the end, I was told to review my math and c++ for the online test.

Interview Question – What is the difference between Matlab and c++ in terms of data storing   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – first round online test from their company, on basic programming, statistical analysis.

Interview Question – probability part   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WorldQuant in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round of technical questions - not too hard. 7 rounds of interviews (eliminatory).

Interview Question – Some game theory questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – A written test consists of 40 brain teasers. Very challenging.

Interview Question – The questions are very demanding. Need to finish within one and half hour.   Answer Question

Changping, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WorldQuant in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very compact interview process. No need for dedicated preparation. Awake your mind before the interviews and discuss with them if you do not understand the questions properly. Background checking can be daunting.

Interview Question – Most are brainteasers.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview Details – Many technical and mathematical problems asked, no paper nor calculator. Highly focused on probability and statistics. The guy who interviewed me is the director of Bangkok branch and he is very keen and intelligent.

Interview Question – how to create an event with probability 1/16 from tossing biased coin (51%head and 49% tail), exact method.   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at WorldQuant

Interview Details – Two face-to-face interview. ask about some experiences of my internship, and also few classic braineasier. Then four phone interview with Portofolio Manager, all are technical questions like the face-to-face interview. Then the last round is to meet the HR.

Interview Question – no difficult questions, just some braineasier   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher

Interview Details – After a recruiter put me on this offer, one of the guys at the company did a phone interview with me for about 45 minutes where he asked lots of questions about C, Linux, Perl and DB

Interview Question – What is the Kernel of the Linux machine used   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at WorldQuant

Worked for WorldQuant? Contribute to the Community!

WorldQuant – Why Work for Us?

WorldQuant is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an international team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WorldQuant Quantitative Researcher interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by WorldQuant employees and interview candidates.