WorldQuant Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at WorldQuant in March 2010.

phone interview with an engineer- directly began with questions - asked from many fields:pl, data structures, probability, linux etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WorldQuant

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at WorldQuant in October 2011.

There were 2 written test to start, then, telephonic technical interviews (3 tele-cons) and then after that HR called me and mentioned that they would like to have F2F round with GM, but due to time shortage they will arrange tele-con itself, then 1 more interview with General Manager and Research Analyst.
    In this call GM mention, I've cleared all rounds but they would like to conduct caliper assessment too and then take final decision.

After a week of caliper assessment, GM sent me an email mentioning, I'm not shortlisted for SE position with WQ.

1. Two written test covering C++ and Linux
    2. Telecon-1 covering basic of C++ (good questions,not very basic) and OOPs concept
    3. Telecon-2 covering advance C++ and Algorithm questions (inheritance questions, Queue via 2 stacks, linklist question, BST questions)
    4. Telecon-3 covering question w.r.t STL internal implementation followed by Several GCC optimization related question like RVO, STACK optimization, container question, vector, map, shared_ptr like question, iterator question etc
    5. Telecon-4 covering project, academic details and WARNING on caliper assessment that many have failed here itself. I'm not from prestigious college/institute background, GM told they have whole staff from best institute. Research Analyst asked question on past projects and problem.
    6. Caliper assessment, covering several aspect of candidate. It was not technical assessment.

All in-all process was smooth, interviews for this position were average (not at all hard-one like typical Tech companies process). I tried to be Honest in answering Caliper assessment question. Not sure, where it didn't click and holes were left.

I've sent an email asking for feedback not heard till now. Hope they come-back.

Worked for WorldQuant? Contribute to the Community!