WorldStrides

2.9

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WorldStrides in January 2015.

Interviewed by phone by HR Manager about 10 days after submitting resume. She was delightful. No hard hitting questions, just a "feel out" session which went well. She said she was drawn to me as a candidate because of my cvr letter and passion for their mission. Set up the next phone interview with Sr. Marketing Director. which tok place about a week later. Sr. Marketing Director was like a bulldog. No emotion and just rattled questions off rapid fire hoping to catch you with a response she didn't like. She was unprofessional leaving me with very bad impression of the company. I would not work there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the analyses and results of an online campaign.   View Answer

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at WorldStrides.

Great process, very nice people, all behavioral interview questions, the phone interview seemed intimidating but i just did the best I could, and I got through it. The sales people were very nice, the office was beautiful and it seemed like a nice place to work

Interview Questions
    • How I dealt with stress, How I was persistent, How I convinced someone to change their opinion on something, Overall very standard behavioral questions really, nothing too out of the ordinary   View Answer

Work on Sunday Evenings and leaving grey messages

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WorldStrides in December 2014.

Simple process, applied by email and was called by recruiter, basic questions and she set me up for a face to face interview with the recruiting company.
    Waited and no calls until I sent email to remind them. Immediately received a call for next day interview. The guy interviewed me was in best t-shirt while the lady was professional throughout. I was told that is trying to position itself to be Responsive, professional, a the "it" company in the field. And I would be informed the outcome the next week as they wanted to be viewed as a "responsive" company. A week passed and I heard nothing from them. Sent an email to politely ask them. No response! Sent another email a few days later, still no response. A third email got no reply. So much a responsive bunch they claimed to be. I still can't believe it until today.

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

I was asked for three phone interviews so far: (1) somebody from HR department who gave me more insight about the company & position, and was open to answering any questions related to the position, (2) somebody from a staffing company they use for 2 cold call role plays, (3) Sales Director.

Interview Questions
    • For their cold call role plays, they will try to push company's financial budget, and how they are not sure if they can find funds it or not, and you have to persuade them otherwise.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WorldStrides in September 2014.

The interview process started with a 45 minute phone interview with the HR Business Partner to gain a better understanding of the role, the company, and expectations followed by an overview of my CV and background, reason for the interest in the position and company. It was an excellent preliminary phone interview. The second stage was an onsite interview (approx. 1.15 hr) with three managers who directly oversaw the account management team. The interview was followed up in the next days with an offer, at which point after brief negotiation, the offer was accepted.

The hiring process was straightforward, transparent, and open. Expectations were set (on both ends) straight away which lent itself to a more appropriate and honest process. This team did it right.

Interview Questions
    • Examples were requested to provide an understanding of my behavioral and analytical hard and soft skills and competencies as well as my energy regarding the prospects of the position.   View Answer
    There was a small window for negotiation which was completed via phone. Very professional and flexible negotiation practices.

Program Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WorldStrides in September 2014.

Received a rapid response that scheduled a telephone interview for the next day.
    Interviewer was professional and pleasant. My credentials were a bit of a stretch for a corporate position as I am more of a self-employed, real world skill set type of person. I am imagining that the company is looking for someone with a corporate track record. I have heard that their sales positions are easy to obtain.

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WorldStrides.

My experience was similar to the other interviews profiled here. The process took about a month. A friendly recruiter contacted me, did a phone screen, and told me about the company. I took various computer tests and did a phone role play (slightly awkward).
    I was very excited about this job prospect, so when I went in for my interview, I was a little nervous but very enthusiastic.
    The in-person interview is where it goes off the tracks. My interviewer kept me waiting for around 20 minutes, which bothered me and struck me as unprofessional. When she came out, she greeted me and huffed "We've been interviewing SO MANY people for this job!" I tried to exchange pleasantries but the interviewer just walked me briskly into a conference room.
    The interview took place with two managers in person and 2 remote managers via conference call. One of the people on the call was very snotty and kept asking me the same questions over and over. I am very clear, concise, and I know how to answer interview questions, but for some reason they just kept asking the same questions over and over as if they either didn't understand or didn't like my answers.
    The weird thing was they kept asking me how I handled "stress' at the workplace. I explained that I am very organized and I know how to prioritize effectively, so stress was not a huge issue for me. Well, something must have been wrong with that answer because they kept asking me about stress repeatedly. I supposed I should have asked them if this job is incredibly stressful.
    I asked them if there was a career path for this position. The main interviewer snapped at me and told me in a condescending tone that once a person becomes an ETS they NEVER want to do anything else. Then she acted like I was stupid and told me that if I wanted to do anything else with the company I would have to be re-located to Charlottesville. Well maybe I would be interested in re-locating, but they didn't ask me for any clarification.
    The interview was pretty much awful and I knew I wouldn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress at work? (asked at least 8 times)   View Answer

Festival Selection Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WorldStrides.

Applied for add for Festival Director from Monster.com. Got a call from HR 8 days later to set up phone interview. Did 30 minute phone interview with HR. Got Call back for Interview with 1 manager 1 week later. Waited 5 days no call back called HR and was told they will call me if interested. Got call back next day with interview set 3 days later with 2 different managers. Waited 8 more day, and had one final interview. GOt a call 4 days later with the job offer, total time from application to job offer was about 35 days, then started job 2 weeks after offer.

Interview Questions
    Pretty upfront, with Worldstrides you either take their offer or not, no negotiations for salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WorldStrides in July 2014.

The Worldstrides Recruiting contacted me and within 5 days I was scheduled for a phone role play, a face to face interview with the Regional Manager and offered a position. The entire process was smooth and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to provide specific experience for situational questions - Tell me a time when you have had to overcome an obstacle, what was it and how did you handle it. Give me an example of when you have had numerous tasks to accomplish, how did you handle that - they are looking for how you prioritize.   Answer Question
    Negotiations are limited, however the compensation plan is within current market pay range and is actually better when you look at the actual number of days you work - high /low season.

International Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WorldStrides in July 2014.

Initially applied online. Contacted by HR Representative Crystal. Went through a computer assessment, role play and face-to-face panel interview. The role play was different, but not hard. Basically they were looking to see how you would go about selling a product with limited information. The face-to-face panel interview was not hard, they asked questions regarding how you dealt with situations previously, and how you think you would handle a particular situation now. The interview was not intimidating but definitely required you to be on your toes and be able to be a fast thinker and able to respond professionally without stumbling. Sat with an employee currently in the role who enjoys her position and the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was the role play, but I did better than I thought I would have considering I didn't have the information in its entirety until 20 minutes prior to the role play. Appeared it was an effort to see how you sell and how quickly you think on your feet.   View Answer