WorldStrides

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Festival Selection Advisor Interview

Festival Selection Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WorldStrides.

Interview Details – Applied for add for Festival Director from Monster.com. Got a call from HR 8 days later to set up phone interview. Did 30 minute phone interview with HR. Got Call back for Interview with 1 manager 1 week later. Waited 5 days no call back called HR and was told they will call me if interested. Got call back next day with interview set 3 days later with 2 different managers. Waited 8 more day, and had one final interview. GOt a call 4 days later with the job offer, total time from application to job offer was about 35 days, then started job 2 weeks after offer.

Interview Question – the faux sales phone call in office was awkward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty upfront, with Worldstrides you either take their offer or not, no negotiations for salary.

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Educational Travel Specialist
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online - interviewed at WorldStrides in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is long and will consist of several phone and personal interviews. There will also be a portion where you are asked to present a sales pitch and are expected to master it their way not knowing what the expectations are. Plan on being asked to not give a 2 weeks notice after the long tedious process that you are put through as well if offered a position. Also beware that they have an extremely high turnover rate and it is common for them to term every "season".

Interview Question – Their questions are the typical interview questions... just a frustrating process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate at all.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WorldStrides in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted within a week of submitting my application. I had a 20 minute general phone interview with a recruiter. The first interview went well so next I talked to an manager. He was very friendly and things went well. The next step was a role playing interview.

They sent me an outline of what I should cover during my mock conversation with a potential client. I spent several hours preparing, researching and practicing. There were 5 managers on the phone during the interview, which was very intimidating. One of the manager played the client and we had an interactive conversation. I have no experience with phone sales conversation so I felt unprepared and awkward. I also found it hard to hear a few times because there was a feedback delay with the speaker phone so I accidentally talked over her one time. Overall, it was very awkward and I don't feel is a great way to judge a persons potential. I am a fabulous sales woman and extremely friendly, yet I was judged on a phone call which I have no prior exposure or experience.

As soon as it was over they told me they would let me know. A few weeks later they said thanks but we are moving forward with other candidates. I was glad to hear from them since my friend went above and beyond for a project they assigned for an interview and never heard a word back.

Interview Question – All questions were straight forward and general.   Answer Question

Educational Sales Representative Interview

Educational Sales Representative
Charlottesville, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WorldStrides.

Interview Details – I had previously interviewed for a different position here (which I did not get) and was contacted, months later, to apply for this position.

There was one initial phone interview, followed by a simple computer aptitude test, two test sales roleplay scenarios over the phone, a 45 minute phone interview, and an in-person 45 minute interview.

You would think that, after over four hours of interviews and "exams," I would have been offered a position. Nope.

Interview Question – Name a time when you struggled to achieve something. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WorldStrides in May 2014.

Interview Details – They were very quick to contact me after applying online. The recruiters and first group of interviewing managers were friendly. I didn't like that I was told 99% of the Account Managers are female but 8 out of the 9 people I interviewed with were male...

Interview Question – All the questions were straight forward. They asked me do a project/ presentation. They sent me a document with the project outline and asked for it to be creative. I spent over 15 hours on the project and submitted it via e-mail. It has been several weeks and they still have not sent a follow up e-mail confirming they received the project or responded when I sent I follow up e-mail. I find it extremely rude to not send any type of confirmation that they received the project and are moving forward with me or other candidates. What a waste of time and they probably stole my ideas and creativity from my presentation.   View Answer

International Business Meeting Planner Interview

International Business Meeting Planner
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WorldStrides in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview followed up by a one on one interview and a group interview. They over use the term mature instead of more professional qualifiers like experienced and trained. The company stresses that they are a casual environment and that shorts are worn during the summer. I recommend going to the interview in business casual or a little better to show professionalism. The managers are not skilled interviewers.

Interview Question – Will you be mature enough to handle the job?   Answer Question

Music Festival Director - Sales Interview

Music Festival Director - Sales
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WorldStrides in February 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a 20-minute phone interview. I was asked to come in the next day for an in-person interview, which lasted 45 minutes. The offices are very modern, the staff seemed (mostly) young.

Interview Question – If you were to get this job today, what part of it would you be most worried about fulfilling?   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Field Specialist

Interviewed at WorldStrides

Interview Details – Phone call with HR, then interview in person for one hour.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to juggle many tasks and you were continually being disrupted.   Answer Question

Educational Travel Telesales Representative Interview

Educational Travel Telesales Representative
Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WorldStrides in January 2014.

Interview Details – they first initiated a computer literacy test. It ws fairly easy for anyone who has worked for any time on a computer. just a few question dealing with keyboard shortcuts, etc. I was supposed to have a role play via telephone. However, even with repeated requests their third party role play company couldn't master the task of sending me the information so the role play they schedule was canceled. I did have the interview with the VP of sales and two others from home office. I felt that went well. But, in talking with the recruiter she said that since I didn't complete the role play and that there was not time to schedule another one, that I would not be considered. Oh well, their loss, as I don't think I would have accepted the offer had they given me one.

Interview Question – None really the other reviews on Glassdoor contain those questions. In actuality they have very little to do with the position for which they are hiring   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Educational Travel Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WorldStrides in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview is over the phone with HR, next step is with Director, they want you to role play to sell their service to them over the phone

Interview Question – Everything was very easy and nothing unusual. They have such a high turn over that they hire almost anyone that has a decent resume and buys into their lies and misrepresentation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Worked for WorldStrides? Contribute to the Community!