Worldwide Express

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Worldwide Express.

Initial interview was easy-going. Lots of behavioral questions asked. The second and third rounds of interviewing were more intense and interactive. More managers were involved and I was exposed to a day in the life of an account exec. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you fell short on and why did you fall short?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Worldwide Express in November 2014.

Fairly easy. There wasnt really anything difficult at all. The hiring manager was really nice and asked questions that wasnt out of the norm. I can say that the interview was one of the best interviews I had in a long time .

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Worldwide Express.

The interview process consists of an initial interview with the local manager, then a ride-along day, followed by another interview with the higher-ups.

I went in for the initial interview and right off the bat was asked to just talk about my life for 10 minutes. This position was listed as an entry-level position with no experience required, and while I did have relevant experience, I am a recent college graduate - lets be honest, there isn't that much to talk about. After I finished my life story, the interviewer proceeded by telling me about the company and the interview process. After that, the interviewer thanked me for coming in and said it was very nice to meet me without offering any sort of follow-up timeline, so I asked what the next step was. I was told to send an email with my availability for the ride-along along with a paragraph each on what Worldwide Express could do for me and what I can bring to Worldwide Express. I followed directions and sent an email that same day - only to get an email back the next morning saying never mind, they're going in a different direction!

In all, I was not asked ONE QUESTION to answer about my previous work or school experiences. Not to mention during this interview, their phone kept ringing and buzzing and he kept checking it amidst the interview. It was the most bizarre and least professional interview experience I've ever had and the email request was a complete and utter waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about what you've been up to the past couple years of your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Worldwide Express in April 2014.

The interview process was fairly lengthy but very thorough. Although there were multiple steps to the interview process I really felt like I got a good understanding and handle on the expectations of what a person in sales at WWE does. First I came in for an initial interview with the Sales Manager and he had a very laid back interviewing style which was much more interactive and less structured than I have seen in the past. I appreciated that all the questions wern't, "Tell me a time..." Being a recent college graduate and that I don't have a lot of experience under my belt and I often get very frustrated with those types of questions because they don't adequately represent my work ethic and my drive for success.

After the first interview he asked me to answer some questions and then I went out in the field with one of their senior sales reps. The day out in the field was long (since we were cold calling almost all day) but by the end of the day I had a descent understanding of the position. I then went back and talked to the Sales Manager again and ultimately found out from the recruiter that I didn't receive the position. All in all I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't get the position. The office environment seemed like somewhere I'd really like to work and everyone that I met was really outgoing and sociable.

Interview Questions
    • In a matter of words I was asked why I wanted to cold call all day and it seemed like he was trying to see if I genuinely would enjoy the job each day.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Worldwide Express.

Contacted me shortly after submitting my resume. The interview was very easy and straightforward. Had a conversation feel to it rather than a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were your basic interview questions you might expect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Worldwide Express in March 2014.

Recruiter emailed me about the opportunity. I went in for 1:1 interview with the sales manager. Then had a ride along with their top rep. Everything was going perfect until my 1:1 interview with the district manager. This interview directly followed the ride along (which could have not gone better). The interview with the District Manager got extremely personal after he told me about how great he was. My resume and life choices were scrutinized over and over again. I understand he was seeing how I handled objections (I had good reasons for the choices I had made) but he crossed personal lines many times. For some reason he couldn't understand that people have different life experiences and have gone through trials and tribulations that are PERSONAL. Not everyone has had the same opportunities and not EVERYTHING in one's life needs to be exposed in order to decide if someone is the right fit for a position. I followed up with the recruiter and sales manager--I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • "What is wrong with you?" "You are almost my age, why don't you have a solid career?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Job Seeker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Worldwide Express in February 2014.

I went to the first interview and had a 1 on 1 with the sales manager of the office. The job was explained in details including responsibilities, training and expectations. After the first interview, I was brought back for a full day field ride with one of their senior reps. I felt like the field ride went well, but I wasn't asked back for the next step in the process. Apparently Worldwide Express only hires a handful of people every year so it is a tough place to get into. They definitely don't just hire anyone. I plan to try again when I have some more experience.

Interview Questions
    • What were you doing between when you graduated college and getting hired at your first job?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Worldwide Express.

Lengthy process, two interviews, a ride along, and sales presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel like you are being reserved during this interview.   View Answer

Sketchy job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Worldwide Express in December 2013.

Interviewed with Worldwide Express in December 2013. When you come in, everyone in the office was very welcoming and friendly. The interview process took about 2 weeks and there were about 4 steps before they offered me a position. This company invest a lot of time, energy, and money into you so they like to make sure you are a good fit. During the interview they asked me about my past work experiences and about myself personally. They like to get an idea of who you are because they highly value the company culture and office atmosphere. They like to see what you have done with your professional life in order to gage how hard working, and self motivated you are. This position takes more discipline then any other job and they need to be sure your not going to work when your on the road. There is nothing they asked that had not been asked during other interviews I have been on.This career is a great opportunity for anyone who is hard working and self driven.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why I wouldn't work for my families companies.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Worldwide Express in November 2013.

After being contacted by a recruiter you will be invited to come on a first interview. When you arrive at the office you are greeted and asked for a resume, then told someone will be right with you. After a short wait one of the managers will interview you. This first interview uncovers many details about past employment history and career ambitions. All questions are fair and accurate for the position being offered. After the first interview the candidate will be asked for a second if their is a fit.

The second interview is a field ride to see what the job entails. An account executive will take you into the field to give you a first hand experience of the job. The interviewee is asked to do some basic tasks that are performed on a daily basis for this position. After the field ride concludes you return to the office, one of the managers will ask how the day was. This question engages the interviewee and makes them think about their day and how he/she would make an impact on the Worldwide Express team. Many of these questions are challenging but make you illustrate why you would make a positive impact as a Worldwide Express employee. After the interview concludes following up with an email is a must.

The process for hiring at this company is fair, accurate, and challenging. However, if you can make it through the process the career is rewarding, competitive, fun.

Interview Questions
    • What are you a better fit for the position than the other candidates?   Answer Question