Worldwide Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Worldwide Express in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had been interviewing with a few other companies for outside sales positions and the interview experience at Worldwide Express was by far the best. The owners and management truly care about getting to know you in order to determine if you will have success within the company.

Interview Question – Great Interview   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Worldwide Express in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly lengthy but very thorough. Although there were multiple steps to the interview process I really felt like I got a good understanding and handle on the expectations of what a person in sales at WWE does. First I came in for an initial interview with the Sales Manager and he had a very laid back interviewing style which was much more interactive and less structured than I have seen in the past. I appreciated that all the questions wern't, "Tell me a time..." Being a recent college graduate and that I don't have a lot of experience under my belt and I often get very frustrated with those types of questions because they don't adequately represent my work ethic and my drive for success.

After the first interview he asked me to answer some questions and then I went out in the field with one of their senior sales reps. The day out in the field was long (since we were cold calling almost all day) but by the end of the day I had a descent understanding of the position. I then went back and talked to the Sales Manager again and ultimately found out from the recruiter that I didn't receive the position. All in all I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't get the position. The office environment seemed like somewhere I'd really like to work and everyone that I met was really outgoing and sociable.

Interview Question – In a matter of words I was asked why I wanted to cold call all day and it seemed like he was trying to see if I genuinely would enjoy the job each day.   View Answer

Anonymous Job Seeker Interview

Anonymous Job Seeker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Worldwide Express in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went to the first interview and had a 1 on 1 with the sales manager of the office. The job was explained in details including responsibilities, training and expectations. After the first interview, I was brought back for a full day field ride with one of their senior reps. I felt like the field ride went well, but I wasn't asked back for the next step in the process. Apparently Worldwide Express only hires a handful of people every year so it is a tough place to get into. They definitely don't just hire anyone. I plan to try again when I have some more experience.

Interview Question – What were you doing between when you graduated college and getting hired at your first job?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Worldwide Express in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Worldwide Express in December 2013. When you come in, everyone in the office was very welcoming and friendly. The interview process took about 2 weeks and there were about 4 steps before they offered me a position. This company invest a lot of time, energy, and money into you so they like to make sure you are a good fit. During the interview they asked me about my past work experiences and about myself personally. They like to get an idea of who you are because they highly value the company culture and office atmosphere. They like to see what you have done with your professional life in order to gage how hard working, and self motivated you are. This position takes more discipline then any other job and they need to be sure your not going to work when your on the road. There is nothing they asked that had not been asked during other interviews I have been on.This career is a great opportunity for anyone who is hard working and self driven.

Interview Question – They asked me why I wouldn't work for my families companies.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Worldwide Express in November 2013.

Interview Details – After being contacted by a recruiter you will be invited to come on a first interview. When you arrive at the office you are greeted and asked for a resume, then told someone will be right with you. After a short wait one of the managers will interview you. This first interview uncovers many details about past employment history and career ambitions. All questions are fair and accurate for the position being offered. After the first interview the candidate will be asked for a second if their is a fit.

The second interview is a field ride to see what the job entails. An account executive will take you into the field to give you a first hand experience of the job. The interviewee is asked to do some basic tasks that are performed on a daily basis for this position. After the field ride concludes you return to the office, one of the managers will ask how the day was. This question engages the interviewee and makes them think about their day and how he/she would make an impact on the Worldwide Express team. Many of these questions are challenging but make you illustrate why you would make a positive impact as a Worldwide Express employee. After the interview concludes following up with an email is a must.

The process for hiring at this company is fair, accurate, and challenging. However, if you can make it through the process the career is rewarding, competitive, fun.

Interview Question – What are you a better fit for the position than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Worldwide Express in October 2013.

Interview Details – When you arrive at the office, for every interview, you will have to wait up to 30 minutes for your interviewer to actually acknowledge you are there. You will go though 4 interviews, one with your sales manager, one with the regional vice president and on with the franchise owner where they will all ask you about the sale questions. The last interview is a field ride where they purposely try to exhaust you. You will also be required to make a presentation. The interviewing process was not horrible for me, but they do leave you in the room for excessive amounts of time to intimidate you.

Interview Question – They asked multiple times "how do I know you are going to have what it takes to work here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating this base salary. You will get a driving compensation monthly. They will talk about your commission structure but not go into exact details about what you will be paid out. Keep in mind, they tell you that you "could" make commission within your first few months of employment, but this is very unlikely.

Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Worldwide Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter emailed me about the opportunity. I went in for 1:1 interview with the sales manager. Then had a ride along with their top rep. Everything was going perfect until my 1:1 interview with the district manager. This interview directly followed the ride along (which could have not gone better). The interview with the District Manager got extremely personal after he told me about how great he was. My resume and life choices were scrutinized over and over again. I understand he was seeing how I handled objections (I had good reasons for the choices I had made) but he crossed personal lines many times. For some reason he couldn't understand that people have different life experiences and have gone through trials and tribulations that are PERSONAL. Not everyone has had the same opportunities and not EVERYTHING in one's life needs to be exposed in order to decide if someone is the right fit for a position. I followed up with the recruiter and sales manager--I never heard anything back.

Interview Question – "What is wrong with you?" "You are almost my age, why don't you have a solid career?"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Worldwide Express in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3-4 Step process. Initial Interview, 2nd Interview / Review Comp, 1-2 Field rides with Rep. and / or Manager.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Worldwide Express.

Interview Details – Contacted me shortly after submitting my resume. The interview was very easy and straightforward. Had a conversation feel to it rather than a formal interview.

Interview Question – All the questions were your basic interview questions you might expect.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Worldwide Express in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went in for my first interview and met with Nathan and Devon. They asked me general questions. I was then asked to come back for a field ride with Nathan. This lasted for half of the day. Next interview was a field ride with Devon. The field rides were interesting and the key determining factor for me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Worldwide Express? Contribute to the Community!