Worldwide TechServices Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

1.5

Senior HNS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

A WWTS recruiter found my resume and wanted to pre-screen me before sending me on to a Territory Supervisor for another phone interview. She described the position to me, throwing in phrases like "we provide you with a vehicle" and "we can fly you to Massachusetts for training on satellite repairs". Then, the last rabbit she pulls out of her hat is the meager salary: $36K. When I reply that's a bit on the low side, she responds "Well, what about the car, and free training...would that not sweeten the deal for you?" When I ask about prospects for potential compensation increases, ie performance reviews and how they are structured, she got kind of vague, and said I could ask the supervisor about that.

Scheduled phone interviewer doesn't call at the scheduled time, and finally calls 20 minutes late, on speaker phone. I was not near my phone, and he left a voice mail, which I promptly listened to and called him back, getting his voice mail. Have not heard back. Seems like a shady operation, at least based on first impressions.

Interview Questions

• Can I pass a background check? Have I worked with OEM hardware before? Are you comfortable climbing a ladder with 16 pound tool belt?   1 Answer

Filed Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview with regional manager. Interview took approximately thirty minutes. A friendly and down to earth guy told me his own experience when he started off. Honest of quite few things

Interview Questions

• Past experience, how to handle hostile customer and environment.   1 Answer

Network Tefchnician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Patchogue, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

In person interview that questioned my level of experience when managing and maintaining various networks. The interviewers were concerned with my years of experience and possibly my age and any certifications that I have acquired over the years. Some of the technologies that were mentioned included virtualization, windows operating systems and active directory as well as hardware cabling and server familiarity. There was minimal travel involved with this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to diagnose hardware and software problems. Are you familiar with various computer applications.   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices.

Interview

Promises were made on the initial interview which included a raise and 29 hours a week. Neither came true. Also, they left out the part about not being paid for the first 40 miles of travel.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions as they are in need of techs.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices in August 2014.

Interview

My interview consisted of a 5 minute telephone interview. I didn't even know I got the job until I received an offer letter via email 10 minutes later. The interviewer was very misleading regarding the "part time"status. You could receive "up to" 29 hours per week. Notice the "up to". You could also get 5 hours per week. So basically you were "on call". All they really care about is whether you have a tool kit and a pulse. Keep reading the posts from the unfortunate souls who actually worked for this company..

Interview Questions

Too many very bad reviews posted on Glassdoor.com, and the part time hours were not guaranteed.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You got pulse? You got job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I did a phone interview. He made it sound simple and easy. The pay sounded about right for the position.

Negotiation

There was a contract emailed to me, i looked it over. If i agreed to the contract, i signed and sent it back.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendocino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Mendocino, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions of my experience working and fixing computers, printers, desktops, and laptops etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It seemed smooth I admitted I wasn't A certified however was happy to go through any program they felt necessary for the position. They told me they would keep me in touch on my results however getting a hold of them has become difficult a week in the interview.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices.

Interview

They are in MA but hire everywhere. Interviews are done by telephone. Usually they do 2-3 phone interviews.

Field Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They use recruiters like most companies now days. Mine was very short. One call to see if you are available for interview. It was a group interview with 20 other applicants. They hired everyone that accepted the conditions of employment. Very quick and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation