Wright State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Interview

Accounting

Interviewed at Wright State University

Interview Details – For staff positions, HR will review all resumes that are submitted and choose the top 10. Those applicants are scheduled to test on various software (Word, Excel, etc) at the HR office. The top scorers are then submitted to the hiring department for interviewing.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wright State University in July 2010.

Interview Details – Process is slow and arduous.

Interview Question – What did you dislike about your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nonexistant

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee

Interviewed at Wright State University

Interview Details – The interview process at Wright State University was great. It was a quick process that didn't take up a lot of anyone's time. The interviewers were easy to talk to and asked relevant questions. They handled my questions well.

Interview Question – Any question that started of "Describe a situation when..."   Answer Question

Manager of Plant Operations and Maintenance Interview

Manager of Plant Operations and Maintenance
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview Details – Took far too long from the date of initial application. Initial interview was a panel interview with representatives from Human Resources, other external Department Heads, Cultural Change Management Consultant, Support Staff from the hiring Department, and the Department Director. There was not a second interview. However, I was asked to submit a written response to multiple questions about management style, what I planned to do first if hired and some details technical questions.

Interview Question – How do I handle changes in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay rage is set based on a broadband. However, I was able to negotiate from the bottom of the range to the middle based on my years of experience. The increase required approval from executive management at the VP level.

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview Details – Everyone needs to go through the online job application process, no matter what. Even if you know someone. This is a state school so state policies and regulations apply to the hiring process.

Once my application was chosen, I had a Skype interview with five people on the team. I was then invited to come in for a interview, The team had planned questions and went in a round robin style to ask them. The questions were not in-depth just the regular, "Why do you want to work here?" type.

Negotiation Details – Easy, negotiated for more and got it.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Wright State University

Interview Details – it was fairly easy to get the job,somehow, it is also challenge to be a great TA, I try my best to help the students in all manners.

Interview Question – not too much   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wright State University in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was about to graduate and needed a job. Phone interview went well. It was followed by in-person interview, which went well. I was new to the job world and didn't care/worry too much about other things - just wanted a job. Nothing negative to say about interview process.

Intern Interview

Intern
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wright State University in February 2011.

Interview Details – Found job online, applied. One week later contacted and formally interviewed got the job!

Interview Question – How would you use mobile technology to improve a project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation..

Image Truther Interview

Image Truther

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview Details – Fill out application and you will get a call to go over resume. You want to have some technical experience to solidify your chances.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was all set up before hand. You knew what you were going to make.

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wright State University.

Interview Details – Very difficult; many unexpected questions.

Interview Question – What would I do if I had one month to live?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Worked for Wright State University? Contribute to the Community!