Wrigley Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

I applied online – interviewed at Wrigley.

The process began with a phone interview from headquarters. After that, you were assigned an in-person interview with the Regional Manager. The interview instructions were very detailed and organized. Applicants were asked to stop into some retail stores ahead of time and check shelves, product, i.e., do some research. The actual interview was in a conference room with two people. The questions were challenging and thoughtful- they wanted to know how you would handle multiple accounts, conflict, sales obstacles, etc. After all the questions, you were asked to "act out" a sales interaction.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was role playing. They give you a one-sheet about optional displays, end caps and pricing, about 2- minutes to study it. Then they return to the room to act out the scene. You are the Wrigley rep and he/she is the store owner. Your job is to sell them a new display.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wrigley in December 2014.

I applied on line. The process was pretty quick. Had a phone interview and then a few weeks later an in person interview. The job sounded like a great job. I dressed professionally as anyone should for an interview, and that seemed to throw off one of the interviewers. He felt that I might be too out of touch with the demographic.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses? Sell me this candy display?   Answer Question

Packaging Buyer Interview

The interview process was straight forward and I felt very prepared. The entire interview panel was welcoming and had nothing but good things to say about Wrigley as a company. All associates looked excited to be at work and were passionate about what they do each day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not overly challenging if you have a great understand of the procurement function.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Wrigley.

Although the phone interview was a positive experience, the live panel interview felt like a condescending waste of my time from the start. I was dissuaded from the job for several reasons (all of which were covered in the job description, no secrets), they gave my resume several saccharine compliments which all seemed to lead directly to the question 'why would you want THIS job', and they made me role play my current job - which they admitted knowing nothing about. The panel consisted of a wide-eyed current TSM, doubtless their rockstar with management aspirations; the hiring manager, who couldn't mask his boredom by the end; and an out-of-market manager who really led the condescension with a lot of "I don't get it" looks and responses to my interest in the role. When he asked a behavioral question and I told them I didn't have any relevant previous experience, he tried to tell me my response should be in the format of a situation, a task... - buddy, not my first rodeo. Seemed like on one hand they were saying I was overqualified while on the other hand they were implying this job is above me (it is most certainly not).
    They got their questions off a list with Wrigley branding on it, but didn't ask nearly as many behavioral as I expected. Asked more about my work experience, what-if scenarios and way too many baiting questions about my current boss and job. I'd have preferred not make it past the recruiter if the hiring manager had no intention of taking me seriously. Was relieved in the end I didn't get the offer, as the experience soured me on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when there was a principal you really wanted to do business with and they just wouldn't play ball, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wrigley.

I met with the HR manager, HR director, and a team of Sr. Scientists who I would need to develop job descriptions for their open positions. About 4-5 separate interviews. The first interview was at the staffing agency, next I met with a team lead for the HR group, then I met the HR Manager, then I met with several 4-5 Sr. Scientist (one VP).

Interview Questions
    • Who would be a better candidate than I in this position, and what characteristic do they have that would allow them to do so.   View Answer
    My original offer of $40 per hour was accepted.

I applied online – interviewed at Wrigley.

many behavioral questions. You are asked to make observations of the market and you must role play selling Wrigley products at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time that you could not fix a problem with a client and how did you handle it. "Please give real life example "   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Quality Technologist (Lead Supplier Auditor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wrigley in February 2014.

The interview was of many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time that you had to let a vendor/plant management know of an audit finding and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Procurement Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wrigley in January 2014.

My interview took place at a career fair and the interview process took three days from start to finish. It was a face-to-face interview with someone in the procurement field (position I was interviewing for) and a talent acquisition manager. I was asked situational and technical questions by the individual in the procurement field and behavior and past experience questions by the acquisition manager. Both of these individuals were very comforting and made me feel very relaxed throughout the interview. They answered all of my questions and painted a very detailed picture about the work culture at Wrigley. After my interview, they kept in contact through email the next 24 hours which was then followed by a phone call. The interviewers were very kind, considerate, and easy to work.

Interview Questions
    • Your supplier ran out of resin and you have a delivery to a customer today. What do you do?

How would you improve this package? Name three cost savings that could be made to this package?

Answer Question
    As an intern my pay was nonnegotiable but very competitive compared to my other offers. As for the type of projects I wanted to be involved in, they were very flexible and easy to work with.

Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wrigley.

The initial phone interview from HR focused on personal characteristics instead of working & academic experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "what manager do you want to be". The question intended to ask the candidate's leadership style.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wrigley.

2 phone and 1 face to face interview with regional and area managers. Alot of behavioral questions and role playing scenario where you have to sell them a counter display and show thwt you are to give a sales pitch on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Had to sell in a counter display during the interview   View Answer
    Good pay, benefits, company car. Not much work life balance, high expectations with for unattainable goals