Wrigley

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.9

Packaging Buyer Interview

The interview process was straight forward and I felt very prepared. The entire interview panel was welcoming and had nothing but good things to say about Wrigley as a company. All associates looked excited to be at work and were passionate about what they do each day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not overly challenging if you have a great understand of the procurement function.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wrigley.

Although the phone interview was a positive experience, the live panel interview felt like a condescending waste of my time from the start. I was dissuaded from the job for several reasons (all of which were covered in the job description, no secrets), they gave my resume several saccharine compliments which all seemed to lead directly to the question 'why would you want THIS job', and they made me role play my current job - which they admitted knowing nothing about. The panel consisted of a wide-eyed current TSM, doubtless their rockstar with management aspirations; the hiring manager, who couldn't mask his boredom by the end; and an out-of-market manager who really led the condescension with a lot of "I don't get it" looks and responses to my interest in the role. When he asked a behavioral question and I told them I didn't have any relevant previous experience, he tried to tell me my response should be in the format of a situation, a task... - buddy, not my first rodeo. Seemed like on one hand they were saying I was overqualified while on the other hand they were implying this job is above me (it is most certainly not).
    They got their questions off a list with Wrigley branding on it, but didn't ask nearly as many behavioral as I expected. Asked more about my work experience, what-if scenarios and way too many baiting questions about my current boss and job. I'd have preferred not make it past the recruiter if the hiring manager had no intention of taking me seriously. Was relieved in the end I didn't get the offer, as the experience soured me on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when there was a principal you really wanted to do business with and they just wouldn't play ball, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wrigley.

I met with the HR manager, HR director, and a team of Sr. Scientists who I would need to develop job descriptions for their open positions. About 4-5 separate interviews. The first interview was at the staffing agency, next I met with a team lead for the HR group, then I met the HR Manager, then I met with several 4-5 Sr. Scientist (one VP).

Interview Questions
    • Who would be a better candidate than I in this position, and what characteristic do they have that would allow them to do so.   View Answer
    My original offer of $40 per hour was accepted.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wrigley.

many behavioral questions. You are asked to make observations of the market and you must role play selling Wrigley products at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time that you could not fix a problem with a client and how did you handle it. "Please give real life example "   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Quality Technologist (Lead Supplier Auditor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wrigley in February 2014.

The interview was of many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time that you had to let a vendor/plant management know of an audit finding and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Procurement Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wrigley in January 2014.

My interview took place at a career fair and the interview process took three days from start to finish. It was a face-to-face interview with someone in the procurement field (position I was interviewing for) and a talent acquisition manager. I was asked situational and technical questions by the individual in the procurement field and behavior and past experience questions by the acquisition manager. Both of these individuals were very comforting and made me feel very relaxed throughout the interview. They answered all of my questions and painted a very detailed picture about the work culture at Wrigley. After my interview, they kept in contact through email the next 24 hours which was then followed by a phone call. The interviewers were very kind, considerate, and easy to work.

Interview Questions
    • Your supplier ran out of resin and you have a delivery to a customer today. What do you do?

How would you improve this package? Name three cost savings that could be made to this package?

Answer Question
    As an intern my pay was nonnegotiable but very competitive compared to my other offers. As for the type of projects I wanted to be involved in, they were very flexible and easy to work with.

Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wrigley.

The initial phone interview from HR focused on personal characteristics instead of working & academic experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "what manager do you want to be". The question intended to ask the candidate's leadership style.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wrigley.

2 phone and 1 face to face interview with regional and area managers. Alot of behavioral questions and role playing scenario where you have to sell them a counter display and show thwt you are to give a sales pitch on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Had to sell in a counter display during the interview   View Answer
    Good pay, benefits, company car. Not much work life balance, high expectations with for unattainable goals

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Wrigley in November 2013.

The entire interview process with Wrigley was great. The team was very helpful and flexible in terms of the scheduling process. I also really enjoyed the fact that they had the capability to interview via the web using webcams. When looking for a job across country it is always hard trying to coordinate schedules and meetings and this process made it seem like I was right in the office with them. The hiring process was also seamless. The team was able to answer all my questions in a timing and professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a typical interview question of what qualities I would bring to the team and how I would be an asset.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wrigley in October 2013.

My initial contact with Wrigley was through a recruiting/staffing agency. The agency, like other similar agencies, screened me for qualifications (education, degrees, experience, etc). Once it was determined that I was a great fit for the position at Wrigley, a phone interview was quickly set up for later in the week. My phone interview was with the Director of Engineering & Continuous Improvement. The phone interview centered around my educational background, my previous experience, skill sets, reason for looking for employment, and my overall interest in working for Wrigley. I found the dialogue to be very natural, candid, detailed oriented, informative, but, overall, relatively low stress (I am an extrovert, so what was low stress for me could be perceived as stressful for others, depending on how comfortable one is with conveying one’s strengths and skill sets over the phone). At the conclusion of the phone interview, I asked if the interviewer had any other questions, and, if not, what the next steps were. I received immediate feedback that they would like me to travel for an on-site interview.

My on-site interview was the following week. I interviewed with approximately 8-10 people (2 at a time) from various functions. The overall on-site interview process was somewhat stressful because of the mixture of questions that were asked. Some questions seemed to center around one’s own agenda (they really didn’t relate to the role, and focused more around what the interviewer did in his/her role, so these questions were a bit puzzling), some focused more on behavioral type questions, and some questions were very role specific. It was a bit exhausting because each session ran into the next one, so I got very little time between interviewers to “regroup”. At the end of the interview day, I met with the hiring manager for a “close-out” meeting. I expressed interest in this position and asked what the next steps were. Their response was direct, and they stated I would know in a few days.

I was contacted by my recruiting agent a couple of days later (2 to be exact) and was told an offer had been extended. At this point in time, I had a couple of other potential offers on the table and stated I needed 1-2 weeks to communicate a decision—Wrigley accepted that timeframe.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question during the interview was

“Tell me about a decision that had to be made where your team members didn’t see “eye-to-eye” on, and how did you handle it?”.

This wasn’t a particularly difficult question to answer based on my background—I pulled from team experiences that I had led in the past, but can see how this could be a tricky question to answer (underlining purpose of this question is to determine if you have a “dictator” approach, if you tend to side with one group, or if you aim to bring your team together in the middle to find a compromising proposition).

View Answers (2)
    The negotiation phase was a bit uncomfortable, primarily because I worked through a recruiting agency. In the end, I opted to speak directly to the hiring manager and HR department to convey my enthusiasm about the position and opportunity to work for Wrigley, but identified where the “sticking points” were. In the end, because I was a great fit for the position, Wrigley was extremely fair in meeting my needs.
    Note: In hindsight, had I not been a perfect fit for the position, I’m not sure where the final offer would’ve netted out.