WuXi AppTec Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.5

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR person at first, and then having another phone interview with hiring manager. The interview with HR person was very easy, just 3-4 common questions including salary expectations.

Tech Interview

Interview

First contact through e-mail, follow-up phone interview shortly thereafter, in person interview the following week. In person interviews were back to back, first with HR, then with individuals from management, several hours total duration in and out the door. Questions were professional and to the point and knowledge, experience, and career goals were obviously front and center.

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WuXi AppTec (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was quick, they hired me through a staffing service and I had one interview. I found out the next day I was hired. There were a total of four people from the company sitting in on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was what I did to cope with stress.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiation phase, they knew what they wanted to pay and that was it.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WuXi AppTec in October 2011.

Interview

I was called by a Temp Agency who then referred me to the HR of WuXI from then on I was only in contact with WuXI HR. I was called in for an interview. Met with one HR woman and two people from the department I was interviewing for. I met with them one on one. They asked simple questions about my experience. The interview only lasted about an hour. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a salary range and I said the least I would work for is the max. This was over the phone. The HR lady got off the phone with me, spoke with my future manager and said they would accept that salary and I accepted their offer. It probably only took an hour.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WuXi AppTec (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Long, initially was contacted by HR, later talked to management over a phone and was invited for the onsite interview. Spent the whole day talking to people. Was very exausted.

Interview Questions

• All questions were technical, no stupid behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Associate Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at WuXi AppTec (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was a panel interview with HR rep and supervisor. Follow up interview was with the hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were asked:

Tell me how you...

Share a situation that you.....

Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WuXi AppTec (Marietta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Usually through a recruiter. Meet with recruiter. Then meet with the Human resources personnel. If you make it past HR then you meet with a departmental manager/supervisor. The entire process was over 1-3 days and then you are contacted within a week with a decision.

Negotiation

Non-existent. The company wouldn't budge.

Entry Level In Vitrology/Viro Clearance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at WuXi AppTec (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was a graduating senior from college. I remember there being quite a delay from when I applied online to getting a phone call requesting an interview. Someone from HR called me and asked if I was still looking, I said yes (at the time I had a good lead on another position). The woman asked what I was asking as far as salary and I said negotiable and I wasn't familiar with the cost of living in Philadelphia. My interview was schedule for about two weeks later (I didn't want to miss my senior week or graduation ceremony).
    When I got to the interview the woman at the front desk was really rude. I didn't let her get to me and read the SOP she handed me as directed. I spoke with the HR representative I communicated with over the phone first. She had some typical questions that she had printed out from what I figured was an interview sheet they use for everyone - strengths/weaknesses, how would a co-worker describe you. After that I was supposed to talk to three people (head of departments) but one was out sick and another was home with a baby so I spoke to one man in person and conference called with the woman. The first thing the man asked was if I was okay working with animals (I wasn't but didn't want to say so at the time - glad I didn't. Will explain later). I forget exactly how this went but it was fine. After that I talked to two laboratory managers in Virology. They were actually super nice and seemed like they would be great to work for, they kept it super casual for me. Unfortunately I wouldn't work in their department because of the animal use. After them I talked to two laboratory managers from Viro Clearance, a man and a woman. The woman was kind of rude, the guy was kind of quiet. The woman asked me if I had a five year plan, to which I replied no I did not. I think she said something about how they needed people who could deal with how stressful the job was. After that they walked me to the front lobby.
    I waited about a week and called the woman from HR to ask about the status of things. She said they were checking my references and would let me know in a week or so. She did call me about a week later and gave me the offer (just to be clear - my offer was for both departments. I could choose which one I wanted.) I had already accepted a different offer at that point but was waiting to see if I could get another and to see what my salary offer would be from Wuxi.

Interview Questions

I already had an offer from a company in the town I went to school in, honestly, at the time it was easier to just stay where I was. I regret it now and wish I had gone with Wuxi Viro Clearance department.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WuXi AppTec (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with Group Director and sever Study Directors to assess fit within team and skill abilities. The interview was somewhat informal and dealt with day to day operations and expectations from team members.

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WuXi AppTec (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2013.

Interview

technical questions about sas. First I filled an written test about SAS, which covers macro, sql and data step. Proc step is less important. Then some english skill questions. This is done with manager.
    Then the HR came to ask some behavior questions. Then we also talked about the expected salary and I said 8000...