Wunderman (New York) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Updated Jul 7, 2014

2.9

Global Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wunderman (New York).

Met with three of the team members who interviewed me after an initial phone interview. The team seemed very small through the interview process yet I knew this not to be true. I never was interviewed by any specific Director. There was no negotiation process or details into the exact role. It was very hard to determine how success would be measured and even harder to pin-point how I would interact with the team.

There was none.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wunderman (New York).

Very nice and professional. Had some major issues using Skype though.

Program Manager Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews entailing the HR, the hiring manager, and 2 peers of the hiring manager. Since a Wunderman is a network of sub agencies, the interviewers were not always part of Wunderman but part of the Wunderman network. The process took 3.5 months.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to my knowledge and fit to the role   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Incredibly long, HR contact lead me to believe she would be setting up the next interview with hiring manager and she never returned my calls or let me know if they changed their minds after repeated attempts.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wunderman (New York).

A few days after being referred to Wunderman, I was invited to visit the office and meet the team. I was told they wanted to determine if I'd be able to socially fit in with the rest of the employees. Then, over the course of the following week I met individually with five different team leads for roughly 30 minutes. Each reiterated that the work environment can be demanding and irregular, and went over the basic skills they were looking for in a team member.

Overall, it was a straightforward interview process and everyone was cordial -- I felt like I had really connected with the team and I was told that a few of the team leads were interested in me. After notifying me that they would be making a decision in the next week, they completely blew me off and didn't respond to calls or emails.

Interview Questions
    • No huge curve balls here. Each team lead asked a few questions and threw a few terms at me to make sure I had the basic skills needed, but mostly I think they were trying to figure out if I could handle the frustration of performing monotonous tasks for their sole client (Microsoft).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wunderman (New York).

Difficult process. Went through a recruiter which allowed me to bypass the initial phone interviews. Had 2 in-person interviews a week apart from each other, each went really well as I received praise in each interview. After that I did not hear for about 2 weeks, my recruiter called me to tell me that they were figuring out whether they actually needed the position. During my interviews I was told this position was needed to be filled right away, so I assumed something must have changed.

2 weeks later I see another PM position with the agency and email my recruiter to relay my interest. That same day I was contacted by my recruiter to say the original job had been absolved but a slightly higher position was available, with the same team, they wanted to offer me, I was to start in 4 days. Well 2 days later they called to tell me my start date would get push back. In the mean time I did receive an official offer. Fast forward an additional 2 weeks and I still have not started. They then called to tell me about another PM position and I went in to meet with that team. First interview went well, second interview was really ridiculous as I felt the interviewer had decided they didnt like me before I opened my mouth. My recruiter called to tell me a week later that unfortunately they wanted someone with more experience (couldn't they have seen that from my resume?) and it turns out after almost 2 months, 4 in person interviews and a rescinded offer, I have no job with them.

Although I still respect Wunderman's work and clientele, I do wonder if I didn't really just dodge a bullet here with all this disorganization. At one point even their HR rep apologized to me cause she didn't know what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me in detail the principles of Project Management.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wunderman (New York) in November 2011.

HR called for a phone interview. Then sets up a group interview for the following week. the interview was at the Seattle office. Group interview consisted of 6 people. Only one of the six was prepared. The rest had no idea what position I had applied for. The interview lasted for a little over an hour. Never heard anything back from them. Sent them a thank you email and two weeks later a follow up email on an update on the position. Nothing back. Very unprofessional and disappointed in the company.

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wunderman (New York) in September 2010.

Interview was held with team leaders working for different clients, telling you about the nature of work. Each person was showed the design portfolio. Strong and weak points were discussed. Past experience and personal work ethic was discussed. All questions in my mind were answered. Everyone was very polite and respectful.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wunderman (New York) in March 2010.

Very nice people and good business. Interview was fairly standard, including basic questions about my work experience and achievements.

Low pay.

CD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wunderman (New York) in May 2009.

The process was very nice. The women (2) I met with were both sincere and easy to talk to. One thing I picked up was that they don't like "I statements" as in "I did this" or "I did that", which makes for a bit of a challenge when you're trying to talk about yourself. Interesting place and good people. I didn't like the clients they served, which is why I didn't pursue it.