Wyeth Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.8

Interview

The interview process was for the most part, fairly smooth and as expected. There was an odd disquiet throughout the building and I went from interview room to interview room though. This was also the first time I was interviewed by a group - mostly nice folks.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wyeth (Canton, OH).

Interview

The interview was at a time when it wasn't as structured as it is now and was more friendly. The person who interviewed me was my manager as well. He is a wonderful human being who taught me very much about the job and people in general. The interview was over half a day during a drive along with him. I don't know if they do these anymore. It gave us both an opportunity to get to know each other better,

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest achievement and your greatest failure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was pretty structured

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wyeth.

Interview

Half day interview was a series of one on one and group interviews. Described my research in a chalk talk and answered various questions about my goals. Since this was for an intern position, it was not a particularly extended interview, but also not short.

Interview Questions

• This was my first interview ever so talking through my research on the board on the spot was intimidating.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyeth (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Standard describe your previous work experience

Interview Questions

• All question pretty standard. Tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty set salary based on experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wyeth (Wilmington, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

First interview was face to face rather than a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your bonus program with your former company.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyeth (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

Well defined and organized interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

defiantly negotiable

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyeth (Cambridge, MA) in September 2008.

Interview

It was a very informal interview, with the hiring manager and several of her colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered 40% more than my current salary, so I did not negotiate

Research Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wyeth in March 2008.

Interview

Applied from job postings. Interview confirmation with email and telephone call. First phone interview with hiring manager, very positive discussion and notified that other interviews are being held simultaneously and will be contacted in few weeks based on need for further discussions. Was contacted in a month and a second onsite interview was arranged where meetings with multiple people in multiple disciplines. Again very postitive. Offer presented in another month, very competitive and excellent package.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wyeth in December 2007.

Interview

I had no previous experience but the hiring manger did agree to meet with me. I spoke to the manager on the phone, I was recommended by a current employee that was resigning. It was a extremely basic interview. I feel that the manager met me to be curtious, but they had already made the decision to go with someone from within. Compared to other pharmaceutical interviews it was much less tedious. I did not have to do a phone qualification test before hand.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult sales experience so far to date.   Answer Question

Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wyeth (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

After the initial meeting with the head of HR, another meeting was arranged to meet with the head of the department. She was very personable and easy-going. We had a conversation about scientific knowledge and the specific objectives / goals for the medical affairs department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transition out of academia?
      Are you comfortable with interacting with medical professionals?

Answer Question