Wyle Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.4

EHS Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wyle (Webster, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat at a conference table across from three gentlemen, who took turns asking about my previous work and how I handle tough situations. I mostly wanted to leave the review to give some constructive criticism about a specific comment. One of the gentlemen was inquiring about my ability to move bulky, heavy demo equipment from one building to another and he made a joke about not asking me to do it in heels and a dress. It wasn't in any way mean spirited and I don't think it was intended to be disrespectful, but it struck me as sexist. I doubt that a man in the same position would have received a joke about his footwear or interview apparel, and I felt uncomfortable and defensive. It's not an issue that I feel needs any action in this instance, but just something I wanted to bring to someone's attention to look out for in the future.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with unpleasant people in the workplace.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wyle (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy basic phone interview, called in for a second interview, interviewed by a group of four individuals, was told in two weeks they would give me an answer but it took almost two months. I actually received an email from them that i had not been chosen for the position, but a couple of weeks later i received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions:

"Describe a time you failed at something you worked hard in"
      "Tell me about yourself"

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wyle.

Interview

Pretty simple interview because I knew someone. Seems to be different now but you used to have to know someone to get a job. The interview was more of a check in the box than anything else.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions really. They just wanted to know my interests and how much school I had left to complete   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple negotiation phase since it was originally for a co-op position

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wyle.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by face to face with hiring manager and a panel of other folks. The meetings were cordial but took a long time to get reimbursed for travel costs.

Financial terms

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyle in March 2014.

Interview

They found on resume on a job board and contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted for an in person interview. During the interview, they said they would make a decision in a few days and let us know. Never heard back from anyone from Wyle.

Interview Questions

• They were really no difficult or unexpected question, everything was very laid back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyle (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application then a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview was conducted by three Wyle employees. Additionally, the other candidates and I got the opportunity to talk with a couple of current, entry-level employees.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions, questions about coursework, and questions about what I was looking for in a career   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyle.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was fairly easy. I was contacted by the company recruiter and within a couple of days received a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard questions about my qualifications. Not too technical. A week later I had the in-person interview. It was more of a meet and greet just to feel each other out and was offered a position shortly after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard interview process, 2 rounds.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wyle.

Interview

I was contacted by email a matter of days after submitting my application online. They asked if we could set up a phone interview for Friday or Monday (it was Wednesday evening). I responded quickly, but didn't hear back until Thursday afternoon, confirming the interview for the following morning. There were three people from Wyle on the interview. They started out by telling me more about the position(s) that were available. Then they asked me several questions regarding my skills, as well as whether I would be willing to travel locally and deal with irregular work hours on occasion. They then gave me the chance to ask questions of my own. Overall, they seemed friendly and they all sounded like they enjoy their jobs.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have written in Matlab?   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyle.

Interview

Called to set up interview; spoke with future managers, more of a conversation than interview; flew in for a site visit, it was almost like they were trying to sell me the position, instead of me sell myself to them.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions. It was almost awkward to work my resume into the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me average salary of range I quoted, no negotiation or relocation, small bonus.