Wyle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wyle in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me and asked if i could take a short contract job. She then setup a Short conversation with a manager and lead followed by a quick skills test to read and explain a c program. The lead said he was satisfied with my test results. The manger said I had the job on the spot.

Interview Question – The skills test was unexpected. Nothing about it was difficult.   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wyle in March 2014.

Interview Details – They found on resume on a job board and contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted for an in person interview. During the interview, they said they would make a decision in a few days and let us know. Never heard back from anyone from Wyle.

Interview Question – They were really no difficult or unexpected question, everything was very laid back.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wyle in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was actually contacted by the hiring manager, I'm assuming due to my resume being in a database. I was asked if I had time to do a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very relaxed and I mainly talked about my previous experiences in college and the military. I didn't have much direct experience in computer programming, but they were looking for someone with a BS in a science background. After about an hour, we scheduled a webcam interview for two days later with another manager.

The webcam interview was similarly relaxed, albeit with two interviewers this time. I was complimented for not wearing a suit on a webcam interview. I again was asked basic background questions by the new interviewer. I was asked if I could handle having a normal day-to-day workload plus additional projects if they come up. Most of the interview questions seemed job specific. There was not much for technical questions, only questions pertaining to my experiences with certain languages or backgrounds.

They mentioned that they had to conduct other interviews and would get back to me as soon as possible. The hiring manager was very professional and kept me updated throughout the entire process. He either emailed me or called me once every three weeks or so, and I would check in if it had been a while. The process was prolonged due to their decision to hire an additional programmer. In total, it was about 2.5 months from my first email until I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. No tests or whiteboard type problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that they were going to offer me the position and after I filled out the application, I was actually offered a 12% higher salary than the high end of my requirements.

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Patuxent River, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wyle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was asked to interview for FMS Analyst Position. Interviewed with hiring manager and then with government manager. Both interviews went well. I did tell them that I had limited FMS experience but that was not a factor.

Interview Question – I was asked if I would be willing to become a defacto Case manager.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wyle.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process was fairly easy. I was contacted by the company recruiter and within a couple of days received a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard questions about my qualifications. Not too technical. A week later I had the in-person interview. It was more of a meet and greet just to feel each other out and was offered a position shortly after that.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Wyle

Interview Details – Standard interview process, 2 rounds.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Biomedical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Wyle.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email a matter of days after submitting my application online. They asked if we could set up a phone interview for Friday or Monday (it was Wednesday evening). I responded quickly, but didn't hear back until Thursday afternoon, confirming the interview for the following morning. There were three people from Wyle on the interview. They started out by telling me more about the position(s) that were available. Then they asked me several questions regarding my skills, as well as whether I would be willing to travel locally and deal with irregular work hours on occasion. They then gave me the chance to ask questions of my own. Overall, they seemed friendly and they all sounded like they enjoy their jobs.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you have written in Matlab?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wyle.

Interview Details – Called to set up interview; spoke with future managers, more of a conversation than interview; flew in for a site visit, it was almost like they were trying to sell me the position, instead of me sell myself to them.

Interview Question – No real interview questions. It was almost awkward to work my resume into the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave me average salary of range I quoted, no negotiation or relocation, small bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Wyle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Met with a local program manager and the hiring manager. Asked about my experience at their customer site. Gave me a general overview of their project, and this position's requirements, which includes a great variety of roles.

Months later, no one has ever gotten back to me with any outcome. No automated email, nothing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a task you had that was out of your comfort zone.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wyle in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simiple and to the point. It only took an hour and I had my offer the next day. I also only had to seat in a company orientation for about 2 hours. This also included meeting the company CEO.

Interview Question – For me, none of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – less than a day and very easy.

Worked for Wyle? Contribute to the Community!