Wyle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.4

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wyle (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview process was a simply question and answer session regarding the project that I was currently working for them as a contractor. The contracting company was about to go out of business, but Wyle management (CAS Inc. at the time) needed to keep me on hand, due to my expertise.

Interview Questions

• Do you like your current job?   1 Answer

EHS Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyle (Webster, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat at a conference table across from three gentlemen, who took turns asking about my previous work and how I handle tough situations. I mostly wanted to leave the review to give some constructive criticism about a specific comment. One of the gentlemen was inquiring about my ability to move bulky, heavy demo equipment from one building to another and he made a joke about not asking me to do it in heels and a dress. It wasn't in any way mean spirited and I don't think it was intended to be disrespectful, but it struck me as sexist. I doubt that a man in the same position would have received a joke about his footwear or interview apparel, and I felt uncomfortable and defensive. It's not an issue that I feel needs any action in this instance, but just something I wanted to bring to someone's attention to look out for in the future.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with unpleasant people in the workplace.   Answer Question

Database Administrator/Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wyle (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call back after two days after applying. I got a Phone interview after 1 week. The interview was about average. The Position was cancelled 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wyle (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy basic phone interview, called in for a second interview, interviewed by a group of four individuals, was told in two weeks they would give me an answer but it took almost two months. I actually received an email from them that i had not been chosen for the position, but a couple of weeks later i received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions: "Describe a time you failed at something you worked hard in" "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wyle.

Interview

Pretty simple interview because I knew someone. Seems to be different now but you used to have to know someone to get a job. The interview was more of a check in the box than anything else.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions really. They just wanted to know my interests and how much school I had left to complete   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple negotiation phase since it was originally for a co-op position

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wyle.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by face to face with hiring manager and a panel of other folks. The meetings were cordial but took a long time to get reimbursed for travel costs.

Financial terms

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wyle in March 2014.

Interview

They found on resume on a job board and contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted for an in person interview. During the interview, they said they would make a decision in a few days and let us know. Never heard back from anyone from Wyle.

Interview Questions

• They were really no difficult or unexpected question, everything was very laid back.   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wyle (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application then a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview was conducted by three Wyle employees. Additionally, the other candidates and I got the opportunity to talk with a couple of current, entry-level employees.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions, questions about coursework, and questions about what I was looking for in a career   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wyle.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was fairly easy. I was contacted by the company recruiter and within a couple of days received a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard questions about my qualifications. Not too technical. A week later I had the in-person interview. It was more of a meet and greet just to feel each other out and was offered a position shortly after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard interview process, 2 rounds.