Wyle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.3

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wyle.

Pretty simple interview because I knew someone. Seems to be different now but you used to have to know someone to get a job. The interview was more of a check in the box than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really. They just wanted to know my interests and how much school I had left to complete   Answer Question
    Simple negotiation phase since it was originally for a co-op position

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wyle.

Initial phone interview followed by face to face with hiring manager and a panel of other folks. The meetings were cordial but took a long time to get reimbursed for travel costs.

Financial terms

Cost Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyle in March 2014.

They found on resume on a job board and contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted for an in person interview. During the interview, they said they would make a decision in a few days and let us know. Never heard back from anyone from Wyle.

Interview Questions
    • They were really no difficult or unexpected question, everything was very laid back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyle in March 2014.

Online application then a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview was conducted by three Wyle employees. Additionally, the other candidates and I got the opportunity to talk with a couple of current, entry-level employees.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly behavioral questions, questions about coursework, and questions about what I was looking for in a career   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyle.

The hiring/interview process was fairly easy. I was contacted by the company recruiter and within a couple of days received a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard questions about my qualifications. Not too technical. A week later I had the in-person interview. It was more of a meet and greet just to feel each other out and was offered a position shortly after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Standard interview process, 2 rounds.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wyle.

I was contacted by email a matter of days after submitting my application online. They asked if we could set up a phone interview for Friday or Monday (it was Wednesday evening). I responded quickly, but didn't hear back until Thursday afternoon, confirming the interview for the following morning. There were three people from Wyle on the interview. They started out by telling me more about the position(s) that were available. Then they asked me several questions regarding my skills, as well as whether I would be willing to travel locally and deal with irregular work hours on occasion. They then gave me the chance to ask questions of my own. Overall, they seemed friendly and they all sounded like they enjoy their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you have written in Matlab?   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyle.

Called to set up interview; spoke with future managers, more of a conversation than interview; flew in for a site visit, it was almost like they were trying to sell me the position, instead of me sell myself to them.

Interview Questions
    • No real interview questions. It was almost awkward to work my resume into the conversation.   Answer Question
    Gave me average salary of range I quoted, no negotiation or relocation, small bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Wyle in June 2013.

Met with a local program manager and the hiring manager. Asked about my experience at their customer site. Gave me a general overview of their project, and this position's requirements, which includes a great variety of roles.

Months later, no one has ever gotten back to me with any outcome. No automated email, nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a task you had that was out of your comfort zone.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wyle in March 2013.

Was asked to interview for FMS Analyst Position. Interviewed with hiring manager and then with government manager. Both interviews went well. I did tell them that I had limited FMS experience but that was not a factor.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would be willing to become a defacto Case manager.   View Answer