Wyle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wyle in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was actually contacted by the hiring manager, I'm assuming due to my resume being in a database. I was asked if I had time to do a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very relaxed and I mainly talked about my previous experiences in college and the military. I didn't have much direct experience in computer programming, but they were looking for someone with a BS in a science background. After about an hour, we scheduled a webcam interview for two days later with another manager.

The webcam interview was similarly relaxed, albeit with two interviewers this time. I was complimented for not wearing a suit on a webcam interview. I again was asked basic background questions by the new interviewer. I was asked if I could handle having a normal day-to-day workload plus additional projects if they come up. Most of the interview questions seemed job specific. There was not much for technical questions, only questions pertaining to my experiences with certain languages or backgrounds.

They mentioned that they had to conduct other interviews and would get back to me as soon as possible. The hiring manager was very professional and kept me updated throughout the entire process. He either emailed me or called me once every three weeks or so, and I would check in if it had been a while. The process was prolonged due to their decision to hire an additional programmer. In total, it was about 2.5 months from my first email until I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. No tests or whiteboard type problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that they were going to offer me the position and after I filled out the application, I was actually offered a 12% higher salary than the high end of my requirements.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wyle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyle interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Wyle employees and interview candidates.