Wyndham Vacation

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.5

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

The first interview was over the phone by HR. It was more of a pre-screening. Then I received a call for another interview in person. Multiple managers/supervisors interviewed me. I also had to take an advance excel exam. They make you feel comfortable and not at all intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Asking for you to describe your prior jobs. The next set was to make sure you actually know what you claim (like a test), the next sets were behavior and analytically questions. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

This was the first time I received an invitation to participate in an online video interview. It was more nerve-racking than a face-to-face. Even though you had a chance to answer practice questions and play back the recordings before recording the actual interview, once the real questions started, you only had 30 seconds to think about your answers and about 3 minutes for the actual recording. And no playback or redos. Fortunately, I'd had some experience in recording myself in my Master's program. And I was called for a face-to-face interview! Unfortunately, I was over-qualified for the position, so they didn't call me back after the first face-to-face. But the interviewer was a very nice gentleman.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry?   View Answer

Marketing Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation in October 2014.

After what seemed like months from submitting my application form online, I was contact by the Marketing Administrative Supervisor to set up an interview with her. I find it odd that their HR didn't call me first, but, felt lucky in a way that I skipped a step in this whole interview process. The supervisor wasn't really accommodating in setting up the interview time around my work schedule.

I was interviewed by 2 people, one was the supervisor and the other one I don't know who. Both of them took turns in asking common interview questions which they read from a paper they have. They write in the answer in the sheet as well. They will ask the basic questions, what do you know about their company, why you are looking for a job, why do you think you're the best fit for the position. All of the questions were basically easy but they try to make it sound hard to answer.

A week after my interview, their HR contacted me to tell me that they decided to hire from within but asked if I'm interested in a new position they have open. I didn't like that position so I told them I wasn't interested.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

First interview went very smooth. Basic questions regarding work and education history. I was also asked what I knew about Wyndham; I would suggest at least brushing up on your facts (most info can be found on their website). I was also asked what the company's mission was (I wrote the mission in my interview notes); did not repeat word for word but definitely know the general ideas. After the interview I was given a brief tour of the facility.

The second interview was a bit more challenging. I was interviewed by two marketing managers who initially took good cop bad cop roles. Again, my work/education history was addressed then was hit by the "sell me this pen" from the bad cop (who refused to buy). They told me after that they wanted to see composure, how to ask the same question 10 different ways, and if I could find the reason behind their "no (I don't want to buy the pen)". They inquired about my hobbies (I like computers), then asked me "why is the new 'x' computer better, why should I upgrade"? After, I asked them questions regarding how to flourish in this position (I feel this really strengthened my my position).

Interview Questions
    Do your research, know the mission. Be prepared to be put on the spot. Come equipped with good/inquiring/advice seeking questions to ask.

Did not negotiate pay; it is commission/performance based.

Vacation Ownership Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation in September 2014.

Initially applied at the Wyndham website and followed up with a resume to the local hiring manager. I received a call from an assistant who arranged for an initial interview at 11:00 a.m. on a Monday. Arriving promptly at 11:00, I was not greeted by someone in the office for 20 minutes. People were there, but they were talking on telephones with office doors closed. The receptionist was running errands.
    After a week, a second interview with a selection committee of 4 people was set up for 1:00 p.m. on a Sunday. This was to have been in an office at a Wyndham Vacation property. I arrived at the designated office and again, there was no receptionist. After seeking direction from the front desk, a young man took my name, showed me a waiting area and notified one of the hiring managers.

After waiting 45 minutes, one of the four hiring managers took me in to his office and we spoke for about 10 minutes. He then said the other folks were busy and indicated he would get with the HR person and arrange another meeting.

I received a call from HR on Tuesday and was informed that another candidate had been hired -- which was just fine with me. I had already decided I didn't want to work for a company who's corporate culture would allow a job candidate to be left without reception for 20 and 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • If you knew you could sell a vacation upgrade to a family that obviously could not afford it, would you close the sale or not?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

Interview with the GSM and AGSM. Had to wait for drug testing and background to come back.After 2 weeks was offered the job. COme dressed professional and willing to work anyshift form 7a-11pm. Front desk or on the switchboard.

Community Marketing Agent Interview

Visit a booth and see if you can get the CMA to refer you to a Meet and Greet.

Apply online and list the CMA who referred you.

Attend the Meet and Greet.

Be prepared to demonstrate passion for the activities in the community and the ability to persuade and handle objections.

Interview Questions
    • Persuade me to take this promotion home   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granby, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granby, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation in July 2014.

I was called for an interview early in the week and scheduled an interview for later that week. The manager was helpful and understanding in working around my work schedule. She provided me with details on how to find the hotel.

When it came time for the interview, the manager was very friendly, professional, and upfront about the required tasks. She answered my questions and told me about why I would like working at Wyndham.

After the interview I left looking forward to working with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were forced to multi-task and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had an unhappy customer and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. After I was offered the position and settled on a start date, I was promised paperwork that would be emailed to you within three days.

After five days I contacted the manager via phone about the paperwork, who assured me they would be emailed within the next two days.

An additional three days later and I received an email but did not have any paperwork attached. There was no response to my reply and I have not heard from the manager since.

It was very disappointing as I was very excited to work for the company.

Administrative Operational Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation in July 2014.

I applied online and a Wyndham recruiter called me about 2 weeks later on a Friday and asked me a few questions about my experience and explained the position to me as the title is somewhat confusing to the duties of the job. She asked if we could schedule a more detailed interview later that afternoon. I asked her if we could do another day as I was going out of town. We scheduled a time for that Sunday morning since she said she was working on a presentation but she would call me if she needed to reschedule. She did not call me a the designated time so I called her and left a message but she never called or emailed me again. Not very professional for a company recruiter!

Data Modeling and Analytics Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

A prescreen from the recruiter followed by a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager and then a 30 minute web interview with a current manager. All three interviews felt rushed, being a detail oriented person I felt it difficult to condense a decade of experience into short two minute responses. I'm used to having to explain processes and methodologies to people without a technical background, I got the impression that my taking the same approach in the interview cast doubts on my technical aptitude and experience. I was pretty disappointed in the interview process, I was left feeling like they didn't have time to conduct a proper interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a process improvement project you were involved in and how you approached it.   View Answer