Wyndham Vacation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.5

In House Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process went smoothly. I felt very comfortable and welcomed. I felt they were interested in me and my personal and professional growth honestly. The hiring manager always answered my calls and was very friendly. I really loved the refreshing family experience. My expectations are high and pray I will start at this great company on 3/29/15.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation (Pompano Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and was sent a video evaluation/Q&A. After passing it sent my information over to a recruiter, who invited me in for a career session/open house. The open house had four or five other candidates, and it gave an overview of the company. The recruiter then set up a phone interview for further screening. After passing through that phase, then you get invited to have a manager interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite vacation experience?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a customer that told you from the start they didn't want to listen to your timeshare presentation?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wyndham Vacation (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews for a Vacation Ownership sales position, with Territory Manager and his junior employee. Many 'psychological profile' questions asked. Need your State's active real estate license in advance in order to start immediately. Is hourly pay for 60 days, then Commission supplemented by hourly wage which is then deducted from Commissions each month.

Interview Questions

• Are you a "I must win" OR an "I can't stand to lose" person?   1 Answer

Vacation Ownership Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with area recruiter, then a second interview with a sales trainer and sales manager. The process was comfortable and the people were friendly and receptive. All the questions were easy to answer if you just be yourself. Having previous sales experience and or timeshare ownership experience is a plus. You must have a real estate license from the state in which you are going to work in.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing and worst thing that you are good at.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations - everything is structured.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone by HR. It was more of a pre-screening. Then I received a call for another interview in person. Multiple managers/supervisors interviewed me. I also had to take an advance excel exam. They make you feel comfortable and not at all intimidated.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Asking for you to describe your prior jobs. The next set was to make sure you actually know what you claim (like a test), the next sets were behavior and analytically questions. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

Interview

This was the first time I received an invitation to participate in an online video interview. It was more nerve-racking than a face-to-face. Even though you had a chance to answer practice questions and play back the recordings before recording the actual interview, once the real questions started, you only had 30 seconds to think about your answers and about 3 minutes for the actual recording. And no playback or redos. Fortunately, I'd had some experience in recording myself in my Master's program. And I was called for a face-to-face interview! Unfortunately, I was over-qualified for the position, so they didn't call me back after the first face-to-face. But the interviewer was a very nice gentleman.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Marketing Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation (Honolulu, HI) in October 2014.

Interview

After what seemed like months from submitting my application form online, I was contact by the Marketing Administrative Supervisor to set up an interview with her. I find it odd that their HR didn't call me first, but, felt lucky in a way that I skipped a step in this whole interview process. The supervisor wasn't really accommodating in setting up the interview time around my work schedule.

I was interviewed by 2 people, one was the supervisor and the other one I don't know who. Both of them took turns in asking common interview questions which they read from a paper they have. They write in the answer in the sheet as well. They will ask the basic questions, what do you know about their company, why you are looking for a job, why do you think you're the best fit for the position. All of the questions were basically easy but they try to make it sound hard to answer.

A week after my interview, their HR contacted me to tell me that they decided to hire from within but asked if I'm interested in a new position they have open. I didn't like that position so I told them I wasn't interested.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

Interview

First interview went very smooth. Basic questions regarding work and education history. I was also asked what I knew about Wyndham; I would suggest at least brushing up on your facts (most info can be found on their website). I was also asked what the company's mission was (I wrote the mission in my interview notes); did not repeat word for word but definitely know the general ideas. After the interview I was given a brief tour of the facility.

The second interview was a bit more challenging. I was interviewed by two marketing managers who initially took good cop bad cop roles. Again, my work/education history was addressed then was hit by the "sell me this pen" from the bad cop (who refused to buy). They told me after that they wanted to see composure, how to ask the same question 10 different ways, and if I could find the reason behind their "no (I don't want to buy the pen)". They inquired about my hobbies (I like computers), then asked me "why is the new 'x' computer better, why should I upgrade"? After, I asked them questions regarding how to flourish in this position (I feel this really strengthened my my position).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research, know the mission. Be prepared to be put on the spot. Come equipped with good/inquiring/advice seeking questions to ask.

Did not negotiate pay; it is commission/performance based.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation in September 2014.

Interview

Initially applied at the Wyndham website and followed up with a resume to the local hiring manager. I received a call from an assistant who arranged for an initial interview at 11:00 a.m. on a Monday. Arriving promptly at 11:00, I was not greeted by someone in the office for 20 minutes. People were there, but they were talking on telephones with office doors closed. The receptionist was running errands.
    After a week, a second interview with a selection committee of 4 people was set up for 1:00 p.m. on a Sunday. This was to have been in an office at a Wyndham Vacation property. I arrived at the designated office and again, there was no receptionist. After seeking direction from the front desk, a young man took my name, showed me a waiting area and notified one of the hiring managers.

After waiting 45 minutes, one of the four hiring managers took me in to his office and we spoke for about 10 minutes. He then said the other folks were busy and indicated he would get with the HR person and arrange another meeting.

I received a call from HR on Tuesday and was informed that another candidate had been hired -- which was just fine with me. I had already decided I didn't want to work for a company who's corporate culture would allow a job candidate to be left without reception for 20 and 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you knew you could sell a vacation upgrade to a family that obviously could not afford it, would you close the sale or not?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wyndham Vacation.

Interview

Interview with the GSM and AGSM. Had to wait for drug testing and background to come back.After 2 weeks was offered the job. COme dressed professional and willing to work anyshift form 7a-11pm. Front desk or on the switchboard.