1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in July 2009.

The phone interview was conducted by an office assistant who transcribed my answers. The questions were pretty standard: "Describe a scenario where you were challenged in your last job", "Describe a situation where you faced a disgruntled customer", "Describe a scenario where you had to learn a new skill set on the job".
The one-on-one interview was conducted by the manager of the department. It was more of a conversation than an interview. We talked about things we had in common, the weather, and then got into details about the job. He described the traffic of customers based on the night and the season. He explained the hours and the need for open availability.
Once the interview was concluded the manager said I'd be hearing from them soon and they called me on my drive home to offer me the position pending a drug test taken that day.

Interview Questions
  • How many different POS systems are you familiar with and which ones are they?   View Answer
  • When dealing with a disgruntled customer that needs to be told to leave, how do you approach the situation and cause the least amount of confrontation?   Answer Question
There wasn't much in terms of a negotiation. The salary was standard for every other employee in the same position. I was just happy to have received an offer.