Wyndham Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Revenue Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

Applied online and within a week heard back from the recruiter. The recruiter was great and set up 4 interviews with all different revenue management directors and managers. All of the interviews went well an when I left the recruiter said he will be in touch. After 3 weeks I finally reached out and asked if any decisions have been made yet. He said no that they will be interviewing for another week or so (mind you the position has been open since May 2015) after 2 more weeks went by I sent another follow up that was never answered. As far as I'm concerned it was completely unprofessional to just drop off the face of the earth. I guess I dodged a bullet on this one!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in July 2015.

Interview

Glassdoor is one of my go to sites when researching a company. Overall, I take some of the reviews with a grain of salt but look for consistent trends in the responses. I felt compelled to share my interview experience due to the lack of respect throughout the process. I was really excited about this sales position at this hotel. Sent my resume, received an email from HR inviting me to speak with them. The conversation was pleasant, no targeted questions, and 10 minutes in, he was telling me with their bonus structure, I could make great money. I didn't solicit this information. I wanted to know what I can bring to the table and help solve their "pain points", contribute to their success, etc. A second interview arranged with DOSM. That person greeted me, and when I stepped into their office, it was paper chaos from floor to ceiling. It was challenging to pull out specific information to help me showcase my skills. They referenced several times the job wasn't brain surgery. I get that but I take the role and responsibilities seriously. Again, a repeat of the potential bonus money - I never solicited this information! Next steps were shared that would potentially take place that week. No word. Fast forward, in 1.5 weeks I followed up, email and voice mail. A few days later received an email from the DOSM with a weak excuse but would be in touch following week. No word, I sent an email (note - red flags are forming in my mind about their management). Received an email a couple of days later with yet another excuse. It was all bogus. This is nearly a month's time, if no interest, be honest. Don't waste yours or my time. Two weeks later, received the automated company HR email - thanks but no thanks. It's simply a lack of respect - this is my livelihood and career with 20 years of measurable hotel sales success. There are more details but prefer to keep this broad! It all gave me pause, is this how they treat their employees AND guests/clients?? With all that said, somewhere there is a silver lining not getting that job.

IT PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed 1 on 1 with three different people after the initial phone interview. Also meet with a fourth person who was the boss of my third interviewer because she thought I had a good chance of receiving the offer. The entire process was an hour and a half. They did not get back to me on whether or not a got the job which was not polite

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Contacted by the regional recruitment manager and had what seemed like a discussion/phone interview about a week later, Met with the regional recruitment manager and had a discussion type face-to-face interview (very casual). It has been over two weeks and I haven't heard anything. Attempted contact and no response.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about what's going on right now with you?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in February 2015.

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. From an initial phone interview, to 4 calls, then face-to-face with an array of corporate managers and other consultants, to waiting for some type of response. I actually was very confused at the end because everyone had been so pleasant and professional but then just nothing. From the first interview until a final response was 3 months, including 6 weeks from the final interview until the turn down. If they want to choose not to hire me that is their right and I certainly respect that but I think 1/4 of a year to make a decision about a management position at this level is rather excessive.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage situations where owner/operators are hostile toward you?   1 Answer

Market Dispatch Interview

Interview

Still going through the interview process but so far have had my phone interview which was very professional. It was very helpful that all phone calls were followed up with an email confirmation.

Immigration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Everyone was knowledgeable but friendly. I did not get the job but I am still delighted by the fact that I was considered to called for an interview.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat normal for a larger corporation. I had a phone screen, then was moved on to the next level of interviews. I interviewed with my HR contact and three employees who the position would work with/report to on a daily basis. Then I was called and asked to come for another interview. I interviewed with a different HR associate and the VP of the department. I thought coming on two different days was a little silly, but overall I thought the interviews went very well. I thought the end of the process took longer than necessary. I know it was summer and that's when employees take the bulk of their vacation time, but I had to follow up several times to find out if I was still in the running or if they made their decision yet. After following up several times, I received very good feedback, but the position was offered to another candidate.

Owner Services Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Interview

Wyndham has a training session they call Supervisor University. You interview for what they refer to as Leadership Bench, which is tedious in itself. The "Bench" is a pool of leadership talent who Wyndham dips from when they are expanding/promoting. Problem is, they cannot seem to get their budget under control and will also issue a hiring freeze. This leaves this talented team of leaders in entry level positions wondering what they will be doing from one day to the next.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in January 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized and unprofessional. Cancelled first interview 30 min before and late to rescheduled interview. Once to passed the first interview she set me up for a second one and didn't tell the guy she scheduled me with that he had an interview. Very annoying bad a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked the same questions over and over on different ways. I guess most unexpected was how I would approach someone to try to book an Appointment or what I would do to get them to talk to me. Their compensation seems confusing and not worth the time and effort you would have to put in.   Answer Question