Wyndham Worldwide

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.5

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in January 2014.

Very unorganized and unprofessional. Cancelled first interview 30 min before and late to rescheduled interview. Once to passed the first interview she set me up for a second one and didn't tell the guy she scheduled me with that he had an interview. Very annoying bad a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the same questions over and over on different ways. I guess most unexpected was how I would approach someone to try to book an Appointment or what I would do to get them to talk to me. Their compensation seems confusing and not worth the time and effort you would have to put in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in April 2014.

Applied online, got called and had a brief phone interview, scheduled interview and met with two people for a short period of time. Heard back about a week and a half later with the offer, which they asked to accept or decline by end of that week.

In House Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in April 2014.

Interested in my family and professional background

Interview Questions

Did not like the attitude of management

Owner Services Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Wyndham has a training session they call Supervisor University. You interview for what they refer to as Leadership Bench, which is tedious in itself. The "Bench" is a pool of leadership talent who Wyndham dips from when they are expanding/promoting. Problem is, they cannot seem to get their budget under control and will also issue a hiring freeze. This leaves this talented team of leaders in entry level positions wondering what they will be doing from one day to the next.

Rewards Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in June 2013.

I filled out the application had one interview and waited a month to start the job

Wasn't one

Sales Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Your first interview will be conducted by the sales recruiter. If she decides to move your application along, you will be called back for a panel interview by the admin manager and two other people. It's a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • They have the standard/basic questions about your strengths, weaknesses, etc   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation - they offer you the job and if you accept you accept, if not, you move on. The salary they present you is not negotiable.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Wyndham is very selective of its potential sales candidates and subjects them to rigorous scrutiny. Candidates should expect to be screened for sales "ability", have their legal, driving, and other complete background checks performed. It took me 36 weeks to clear the screening process for a Sales Executive position in Las Vegas, before I was able to apply. But the first year in Nevada after my transfer from another Wyndham location, I made close to $300k that year. Plus a $15,000 bonus and a fabulous President's Club trip to Hawaii.

Interview Questions
    • In the interview, be prepared to prove that you can close a $25,000 sale after meeting a husband/wife couple and making only a 90-minute presentation. The average closing rate industry-wide is about 7-10% of all leads. Mine was closer to 18%.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation of salaries and commissions. Sales Executives all are paid alike and compete amongst themselves based on sales volumes

Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Applied online and phone screen by HR. Went for a face to face. It was very detailed technical interview and after sometime when I started asking more questions on the type of job, it turned out to be a discussion.

Salary was fixed. Was able to get some leeway in vacation days

Executive Assistant Interview

Wyndham's interview process allows associates to look online for open opportunities, get management approval and proceed to next step which requires meeting with human resources, followed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult and or unexpected question might be a technical question if you do not have a complete technical background.   Answer Question

Community Marketing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edisto Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edisto Beach, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in April 2011.

I applied for 42 positions and did not get an interview until a friend of mine called one of the upper management people who was his friend and the next thing I knew, I had an interview. I think their computer throws out resumes without key words or something. My experience shows you need to get to someone inside to get an interview.

Interview Questions
    get details in writing if possible. I was hired for full time permanent but it was seasonal.