Wyndham Worldwide

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.5

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in April 2014.

Applied in person . Received call 2 weeks later for interview . Met with front desk supervisor . Very casual interview . Interviewer talked about hotel , upcoming events , what's expected of front desk agents .

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work in a hotel. Why did you leave last job. Can you work holidays.   Answer Question

Got another job offer closer to home

Sales Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Your first interview will be conducted by the sales recruiter. If she decides to move your application along, you will be called back for a panel interview by the admin manager and two other people. It's a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • They have the standard/basic questions about your strengths, weaknesses, etc   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation - they offer you the job and if you accept you accept, if not, you move on. The salary they present you is not negotiable.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Wyndham is very selective of its potential sales candidates and subjects them to rigorous scrutiny. Candidates should expect to be screened for sales "ability", have their legal, driving, and other complete background checks performed. It took me 36 weeks to clear the screening process for a Sales Executive position in Las Vegas, before I was able to apply. But the first year in Nevada after my transfer from another Wyndham location, I made close to $300k that year. Plus a $15,000 bonus and a fabulous President's Club trip to Hawaii.

Interview Questions
    • In the interview, be prepared to prove that you can close a $25,000 sale after meeting a husband/wife couple and making only a 90-minute presentation. The average closing rate industry-wide is about 7-10% of all leads. Mine was closer to 18%.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation of salaries and commissions. Sales Executives all are paid alike and compete amongst themselves based on sales volumes

Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

Applied online and phone screen by HR. Went for a face to face. It was very detailed technical interview and after sometime when I started asking more questions on the type of job, it turned out to be a discussion.

Salary was fixed. Was able to get some leeway in vacation days

Executive Assistant Interview

Wyndham's interview process allows associates to look online for open opportunities, get management approval and proceed to next step which requires meeting with human resources, followed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult and or unexpected question might be a technical question if you do not have a complete technical background.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in January 2014.

Very unorganized and unprofessional. Cancelled first interview 30 min before and late to rescheduled interview. Once to passed the first interview she set me up for a second one and didn't tell the guy she scheduled me with that he had an interview. Very annoying bad a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the same questions over and over on different ways. I guess most unexpected was how I would approach someone to try to book an Appointment or what I would do to get them to talk to me. Their compensation seems confusing and not worth the time and effort you would have to put in.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

One-on-one interviews with four members of the Revenue Management team with a range of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a tricky situation for which you found a very simple solution?   Answer Question

OPC Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

I was recommended the job from a friend. I filled out an application online and the process took about a week. Having already had some experience in this area the interview was very informal. Just basically meet and greet with the manager. The training process took about a week and the training pay period was about three months long. I was able to get off training pay and make real money after the first week due to my experience. over all not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question
    there was a pay plan and you accepted it or found another job.

Corporate Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

The interview process lasted well over a month. Between HR and management they could not get their act together in order to properly schedule interviews. There was also extreme lack of communication between the recruiter and management.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wyndham Worldwide.

The hiring process was very easy. I applied online and in about two weeks I had a phone interview. I was then asked to come in for an interview, which was really just a show around the company building and a rundown of what we had discussed over the phone. Three days later I had a job offer. For the per-qualifiying interview be sure to know the background of the company, they will quiz you on it.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to know the company for the qualifying interview. They will ask you to name a few places the company exists and random questions. Since it is online, just write the notes on a piece of paper and memorize where they are so you can find them quickly to answer.   Answer Question