Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Travel Counselor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Travel Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wyndham Worldwide in July 2011.

Applied online, received an e-mail that Wyndham was interested in scheduling a phone interview. I scheduled phone interview and the person who was to do my interview called at the exact requested time. I was called back within a couple of days to do an in-person interview. My in person interview was a series of questions about my past travel experience and previous employers. I was then advised to wait to hear from them and if they were interested in me, they would call. I believe I heard from them in a couple of days, maybe 3... It was a call from Human Resources who then offered me the job.

Interview Questions
They asked me what pay rate I was looking for, I had said $14.00 per hour as that is what I had made in my last travel industry position. The response was no, they start at $12.00 per hour for every one, they didn't negotiate. When they offered me a starting hourly wage of $12.00 per hour plus possible commission or incentive as they called it, I accepted it. From what I have heard, aka office gossip, they will negotiate if you have the qualifications of someone with more than basic or average travel industry experience.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!