Wynn Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Called for a meet and greet event via e-mail. When I arrived, there were already other applicants waiting (approximately 80-100). Once the meet and greet began, everyone was given a number, and everyone received a card to fill out with some basic questions and information. After that, applicants were called into a room 10 at a time with multiple interviewers. You will be assigned one interviewer, and they will ask you one or two questions all while reviewing your resume. It is my personal belief that during this initial interview they review your looks and attitude more than your resume. After a few minutes, the interview was over, and they stated that they would call me (although I knew they wouldn't based off of previous Glassdoor reviews I've read, and that I didn't pass the first round of the interview). The entire process seemed like a real waste of time to be honest with you. I never really got to share my experience or anything about myself, but for the opportunity to work at one of the most luxurious hotels on the strip, the risk was worth the reward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wynn Resorts

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts in May 2015.

Interview

First I was invited to a Meet & Greet. Get there as early as possible because you can expect there to be 70+ applicants & you'll all be numbered. In groups of 10, you be sent into a room with a panel of about for people. They'll sit down with you, look over your resume & decide in literally 2MINUTES, if they like you or not. If they don't, they'll tell you someone will call you if interested. If they do, you get sent into a conference room & get a one on one with a recruiter & if she like you, she invites you back for a group interview. If they don't, they say someone will call you if interested. The group interview is about 40 people. They pair you up & leave you ten minutes to learn about each other. Try & find out interesting topics but really what they're looking for is if you can pay attention & remember little details. One they bring you into the interview room, you'll be met by 4-5 Front desk managers. You'll be asked to introduce your partner. Make sure you speak loudly & clearly. They don't care for resumes in this interview. It's about how you carry yourself. So introduce your partner like you were introducing yourself. Try your best bc my partner forgot some details about me & it didn't look good. I made it but she didn't. Then they ask for a customer service story. This is your best shot for being invited back. Don't ramble & a lot of people got too comfortable & told there story like they were talking I they're friend. Using casual verbiage made it seem unprofessional. Then if they like you one of the managers calls you to bring you on a one on one. If you're in, you get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you showed great customer service & went above & beyond for a guest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. But starting pay is really great compared to other properties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Get an invitation for a group interview/meet and greet. There's about 100+ applicants. They have you fill out a small piece of paper with your name and and few other questions and they give u a number. Then you line up 10 at a time to go and talk to one of 4 interviewers. They look at YOU, determine your not a good fit and say some b.s. line like, "we'll give you a call if someone is interested. " all the while taking the ones that's more "appropriate" looking to the back to speak to a manager and maybe get a chance at the job. They don't ask any interview questions, they're definitely not interested in what you say or can bring to the company. Just want to see if you fit into what they qualify as beautiful. if you have the resume, make sure you have the face to match. Or else you'll be put into the, "someone will call you," pile. Good luck!

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Interview

Arrived at the hiring center in paradise. Then a member if the interview panel paired all of us, candidates, to talk an l among itself and find out as much as we could from each other. The interview infringe of the panel consisted of introducing our partner and giving an example of outstanding customer service. After everyone did this, the panel excused themselves to make a decision on who got to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe your partner and then give an experience in which you gave outstanding customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

Placed an application that I completely forgot about with Wynn Resorts in Las Vegas. The initial application required a personality test that was about an hour long. After this, I just forgot about the application and moved on with my job search. Months passed. Out of the blue, I was called in for an interview at the hotel. It was a 2:1 interview in which two hotel managers interviewed me alone. They test your knowledge of the property, which is standard, and ask a few behavioral questions (i.e. Name a time when you had difficult guest interaction and how did you handle it?). The interview seemed to flow pretty well and the questions thereafter seemed to had depend on the response you gave. The managers seemed pretty easy to speak with and weren't really intimidating. They informed me that the position they are interviewing for was on-call, which I was okay with, and the start date would be around mid-May. It is now June 10th as I write this and they haven't contacted me, nor informed me if I was declined a job offer. My job application sits on their career website as "currently being considered." The lack of communication they are willing to give me in regards to my pre-employment with them says a lot about what may follow if I were to get a job offer and accept. At this point, if they were to call, I would no longer be interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a stressful situation you had recently had and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Wynn Resorts/Wynn Las Vegas?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had difficult guest interaction and how did you handle it?   Answer Question