Wynn Resorts

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.8

Cabana Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in January 2015.

I applied online and three weeks later was sent an invitation for a group interview. Arrive at the Employment Center 15 mins early and find your name tag. We were taken into a room and seated in front of a few managers and an HR rep. We were asked to individually stand up and either tell something about ourselves or give a customer service experience. The managers leave and decide who will stay and who will be sent home. I was sent home and SHOCKED because majority of the people that were kept rambled on with no point, couldn't speak English well, said "like"every third word and were generally very young ( I am only 25 ). I actually thought the group that was called to stay were the ones being sent home. There were a few people in my group sent home that shouldn't have been either IMO. My husband had the exact same experience as mine, both of us have high end hotel experience, as well as a referral from a current Wynn employee. This leads me to believe that unless your referral is coming from an executive or high up manager ( or you luckily happen to be in the hiring process when there are no referrals) you will not be getting a job here. I have been invited to a few other group interviews that I will not be attending as I am turned off from the Wynn. Experience, demeanor, and skill are not valid here. Get lucky or know someone important.

Interview Questions
    • Share something about yourself or give a customer service experience.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Arrived at the hiring center in paradise. Then a member if the interview panel paired all of us, candidates, to talk an l among itself and find out as much as we could from each other. The interview infringe of the panel consisted of introducing our partner and giving an example of outstanding customer service. After everyone did this, the panel excused themselves to make a decision on who got to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your partner and then give an experience in which you gave outstanding customer service.   View Answer

Cocktail Model Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts.

I applied for the position on wynnjobs.com and got an email confirming the interview and location within several days. I however applied for both the nightclub and the casino. Upon arrival the interview began 15 minutes late and a young lady announced that the position was only for the casino and that the nightclub was not hiring for any cocktail servers at all. However, I had managed to email the HR before attempting to clarify this and that the nightclub positions were still available and that there was consideration for both. Another young woman came out and asked if any women had any tattoos and those with tattoos in inappropriate areas were immediately disqualified. The steady extra position was described to us in that you need to have completely open availability at any time. The cocktail waitress is the face of the casino etc. There was three women and they awkwardly asked you to stand in front of them instead of in front of the group of girls, to all answer the same question. the experience overall was very confusing because it seems like the management couldn't determine whether the nightclub was actually hiring or not. Either way, there was 3 different answers that I got from the same source.

Interview Questions
    • Only one question was asked of 20 something girls - What's the most important thing that you have to contributing to someone's experience at the casino?   View Answer

Cocktail Server/Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2014.

It was a group interview with about 30 pretty women in a room with the director and her two assistants facing us. The ones with noticeable tattoos are kicked out. The director first explains what the job is about and answers a few questions before the actual interview starts. She then calls your name through a random list and have you speak in front of everyone while facing the director. A lot of women are either nervous or confident in what they have to say for their answer. Overall the director did try to make the experience fun by trying to make everyone laugh. By the end of the interview you will be given a call with a week to see if you'll be moving forward and have a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most exceptional trait you have when engaging with a guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2014.

I applied online and a couple weeks later I got an email for an open house at the Employment center. I got there almost 30 minutes early. I figured I was too early and sat in the car for about 15 mins but decided to go in after that. I was totally wrong. The line was as long as I've ever seen at an interview. I later found out there were about 180+ applicants present. At that point, I honestly stopped being nervous. They gave us a form to fill in and a number. Basic questions like name & why they should choose you. They lined us up 12 people at a time and walked us in to a room where there were 6 interviewers and it was a quick 5 mins interview individually. The lady I got looked over my resume, asked me to tell her about myself, experience just general question while they look at your resume and you to see if they are interested. She asked my availability and said she will take me in the back to talk to somebody else. That's when u know u passed for the second stage. The guy in the back asked me why they should choose me? And quick behavioral questions and told me I was chosen to return the next day. The next day was a little nerve wrecking. They had about 45 or more of us in a room. 3 corporate representatives were there. They braid ally grouped us and asked us to introduce our group member. Make sure u don't hold anything back. My group mate didn't introduce me very well and she forgot many details. I introduced her very well, even gave her a couple of compliments. At the end I was chosen and she wasn't so be really good and do it as if u introducing yourself. They asked us one question : an instant u went above & beyond for a guest. After we all answered, they gave us 10 min break & somebody else walked in and called names of those people who were picked. About 14-15 and the rest were told they didn't make it. The rest of us passed for the next stage. They called me the same day in the afternoon and scheduled an interview at the Wynn with a manager. At the interview, there was 2 managers who asked me general behavioral questions again. Not too hard. I focused on mentioning their core value and mostly what I'll bring to the table. I studied a lot of facts about Wynn but they didn't even ask me one single question of that nature. After the interview, they excused themselves & came back with a drug test paper. After the drug test, I didn't hear from them again. I kept calling but I didn't speak to anyone of high position. Left voicemails but no one called me back. I decided to go in person after 2 weeks and 5 days. I went to the Employment center first and they told me they will contact me next month. That didn't make me feel uneasy. I went to Wynn and office where I got interviewed. I got to talk to a manger after a little wait. He knew my name and said they were actually going to give me a call today. He said they are having orientations today for the first group & that I ended up in the second group who will be contacted next month. I felt relived but still contemplating whether I should get another job because I had offers at the time. Like he said, they didn't give me a call that afternoon and mentioned that I shouldn't worry at all and that I got the job, it's just a matter of when I'll start. They gave me a call about a week and a half later offering the position. Start date was still set for next month.

Interview Questions
    • Time you went above and beyond for a customer   View Answer
    No negotiation

House Keeper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2014.

I applied online .They contacted me a week and a half later through email .I got a Interview date and time after that another email with a map and directions on how to get to the employment center. I went to my interview an hour early got there and there was 3 people waiting already , after i was there for an hour 20 other people got there .After everyone made it we got name tags .We got escorted to another room after waiting in the lobby . We got to the room and they asked one question " tell us about yourself" . ..oh actually before that they said if you have noticeable tattoos then please leave right now because we cant accept that. So back to the question we went one by one at random . After that one question you are separated into 2 groups basically the ones that made it and the ones that didn't. I made it , Went into a smaller room they told us to wait there and so all 9 of us waited and then we got scortes into the lobby once again and they called us one by one . This was a separate interview more like what we are used to. So i got the job ! yey ..and she handed me a paper with an address for a place where i went to take a drug test .So far so good got another email 2 weeks later and they just wanted a copy of my social security and now the qaiting game. I suggest you keep looking for another job because apparently its a long wait .Hope this helps some one.

i didn't negotiate

Wynn Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

I applied online and a couple weeks later got an email for a panel interview, I went to the panel interview and got asked to come back next week. The next step was with 45 other people, in front of 4 managers and we were told to answer one question they asked us. You had one chance to give them their ideal sentence they were looking for. They then called 8 people and told the rest of the people to leave.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an excellent customer service situation you were a part of.   Answer Question

Wynn Front Desk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts in June 2014.

Made it to group interviews. They are very superficial. Could care less what you say. They are looking for a certain type. If you meet that mold then what you say and your resume will be taken into account.

Interview Questions
    • Having a stranger introduce you. My partner was nervous and forgot everything about me.   Answer Question

Guest Room Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Hiring- went into a room with about 30 other people and say down. Everyone was asked to introduce ourself and tell them about us. What type of of experience we had and etc. After everyone was done we went on a break for about 5 minutes while they went into the back to talk. After about 5 minutes maybe about 8 people were allied and asked to go to another room and everyone else were asked to leave. Those who stayed were offered a job pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy. Everything was common sense   Answer Question
    No negotiation was made

Housekeeping Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

I received a call from a very nice person in HR to schedule my interview. It took a good month before I heard anything after applying. My interviewer did a good job of giving me a picture of what was expected as well as the abilities to grow and do cool new projects. For the second interview, I actually sat with someone in the department and shadowed them for 2 hours. This further gave me a better overview of what kind of work I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Everything is straight forward in the interview.   Answer Question

Another company gave me an offer first.