Wynn Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

Cocktail Model Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts.

I applied for the position on wynnjobs.com and got an email confirming the interview and location within several days. I however applied for both the nightclub and the casino. Upon arrival the interview began 15 minutes late and a young lady announced that the position was only for the casino and that the nightclub was not hiring for any cocktail servers at all. However, I had managed to email the HR before attempting to clarify this and that the nightclub positions were still available and that there was consideration for both. Another young woman came out and asked if any women had any tattoos and those with tattoos in inappropriate areas were immediately disqualified. The steady extra position was described to us in that you need to have completely open availability at any time. The cocktail waitress is the face of the casino etc. There was three women and they awkwardly asked you to stand in front of them instead of in front of the group of girls, to all answer the same question. the experience overall was very confusing because it seems like the management couldn't determine whether the nightclub was actually hiring or not. Either way, there was 3 different answers that I got from the same source.

Interview Questions
    • Only one question was asked of 20 something girls - What's the most important thing that you have to contributing to someone's experience at the casino?   View Answer

Cocktail Server/Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2014.

It was a group interview with about 30 pretty women in a room with the director and her two assistants facing us. The ones with noticeable tattoos are kicked out. The director first explains what the job is about and answers a few questions before the actual interview starts. She then calls your name through a random list and have you speak in front of everyone while facing the director. A lot of women are either nervous or confident in what they have to say for their answer. Overall the director did try to make the experience fun by trying to make everyone laugh. By the end of the interview you will be given a call with a week to see if you'll be moving forward and have a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most exceptional trait you have when engaging with a guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2014.

I applied online and a couple weeks later I got an email for an open house at the Employment center. I got there almost 30 minutes early. I figured I was too early and sat in the car for about 15 mins but decided to go in after that. I was totally wrong. The line was as long as I've ever seen at an interview. I later found out there were about 180+ applicants present. At that point, I honestly stopped being nervous. They gave us a form to fill in and a number. Basic questions like name & why they should choose you. They lined us up 12 people at a time and walked us in to a room where there were 6 interviewers and it was a quick 5 mins interview individually. The lady I got looked over my resume, asked me to tell her about myself, experience just general question while they look at your resume and you to see if they are interested. She asked my availability and said she will take me in the back to talk to somebody else. That's when u know u passed for the second stage. The guy in the back asked me why they should choose me? And quick behavioral questions and told me I was chosen to return the next day. The next day was a little nerve wrecking. They had about 45 or more of us in a room. 3 corporate representatives were there. They braid ally grouped us and asked us to introduce our group member. Make sure u don't hold anything back. My group mate didn't introduce me very well and she forgot many details. I introduced her very well, even gave her a couple of compliments. At the end I was chosen and she wasn't so be really good and do it as if u introducing yourself. They asked us one question : an instant u went above & beyond for a guest. After we all answered, they gave us 10 min break & somebody else walked in and called names of those people who were picked. About 14-15 and the rest were told they didn't make it. The rest of us passed for the next stage. They called me the same day in the afternoon and scheduled an interview at the Wynn with a manager. At the interview, there was 2 managers who asked me general behavioral questions again. Not too hard. I focused on mentioning their core value and mostly what I'll bring to the table. I studied a lot of facts about Wynn but they didn't even ask me one single question of that nature. After the interview, they excused themselves & came back with a drug test paper. After the drug test, I didn't hear from them again. I kept calling but I didn't speak to anyone of high position. Left voicemails but no one called me back. I decided to go in person after 2 weeks and 5 days. I went to the Employment center first and they told me they will contact me next month. That didn't make me feel uneasy. I went to Wynn and office where I got interviewed. I got to talk to a manger after a little wait. He knew my name and said they were actually going to give me a call today. He said they are having orientations today for the first group & that I ended up in the second group who will be contacted next month. I felt relived but still contemplating whether I should get another job because I had offers at the time. Like he said, they didn't give me a call that afternoon and mentioned that I shouldn't worry at all and that I got the job, it's just a matter of when I'll start. They gave me a call about a week and a half later offering the position. Start date was still set for next month.

Interview Questions
    • Time you went above and beyond for a customer   View Answer
    No negotiation

House Keeper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2014.

I applied online .They contacted me a week and a half later through email .I got a Interview date and time after that another email with a map and directions on how to get to the employment center. I went to my interview an hour early got there and there was 3 people waiting already , after i was there for an hour 20 other people got there .After everyone made it we got name tags .We got escorted to another room after waiting in the lobby . We got to the room and they asked one question " tell us about yourself" . ..oh actually before that they said if you have noticeable tattoos then please leave right now because we cant accept that. So back to the question we went one by one at random . After that one question you are separated into 2 groups basically the ones that made it and the ones that didn't. I made it , Went into a smaller room they told us to wait there and so all 9 of us waited and then we got scortes into the lobby once again and they called us one by one . This was a separate interview more like what we are used to. So i got the job ! yey ..and she handed me a paper with an address for a place where i went to take a drug test .So far so good got another email 2 weeks later and they just wanted a copy of my social security and now the qaiting game. I suggest you keep looking for another job because apparently its a long wait .Hope this helps some one.

i didn't negotiate

Wynn Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

I applied online and a couple weeks later got an email for a panel interview, I went to the panel interview and got asked to come back next week. The next step was with 45 other people, in front of 4 managers and we were told to answer one question they asked us. You had one chance to give them their ideal sentence they were looking for. They then called 8 people and told the rest of the people to leave.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an excellent customer service situation you were a part of.   Answer Question

Wynn Front Desk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts in June 2014.

Made it to group interviews. They are very superficial. Could care less what you say. They are looking for a certain type. If you meet that mold then what you say and your resume will be taken into account.

Interview Questions
    • Having a stranger introduce you. My partner was nervous and forgot everything about me.   Answer Question

Guest Room Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Hiring- went into a room with about 30 other people and say down. Everyone was asked to introduce ourself and tell them about us. What type of of experience we had and etc. After everyone was done we went on a break for about 5 minutes while they went into the back to talk. After about 5 minutes maybe about 8 people were allied and asked to go to another room and everyone else were asked to leave. Those who stayed were offered a job pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy. Everything was common sense   Answer Question
    No negotiation was made

Housekeeping Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

I received a call from a very nice person in HR to schedule my interview. It took a good month before I heard anything after applying. My interviewer did a good job of giving me a picture of what was expected as well as the abilities to grow and do cool new projects. For the second interview, I actually sat with someone in the department and shadowed them for 2 hours. This further gave me a better overview of what kind of work I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Everything is straight forward in the interview.   Answer Question

Another company gave me an offer first.

Marketing for XS Nightclub Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in July 2013.

I went on the career website for Wynn resorts and came upon a marketing position with XS Nightclub I thought I’d be perfect for, so I applied. The next day I was offered to schedule a time to interview. The email was misleading as it said it would be a group interview, but they were taking people in one by one. When it came my turn to interview, the Human Resources guys was 30 minutes late so I ended up interview at 2:30, when my assigned time was 2:00. The actual interview was dreadful; he was monotone, didn't seem excited at all like he really didn't want to be there, said um a lot and stumbled over his words. He only asked me two questions: Have you worked in the nightclub industry and were you able to wok the hours specified, NOTHING ELSE. Nothing about my marketing experience or hospitality experience, which I do have a lot of that would supplement not working in the nightclub industry, so don’t even say that’s why I wasn't selected. I was way more professional than any of the other applicants interviewing; I wore a suit, I did my homework and asked many intelligent questions, but it still seemed like the interviewer didn't want anything to do with me and was incredibly unprofessional. This was the most unpleasant interview experience I have ever encountered. Took no more than 3 minutes. After I was done, he said his boss would email me to set up a second interview, but I knew I was not going to be selected right then and there.

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in December 2011.

On December 2nd, 2011 I had a 1 on 1 interview at the employment center for the Guest Room Attendant position. I was quite nervous but it was fairly easy. She told me she wasn't looking to do a hard up interview but really just to get to know me to see what kind of person I was. She asked me a couple simple questions. Why I wanted to work at the Wynn and why I would be a good asset to the company. She did most of the talking and told me about the position, letting me know it was harder than it sounded. I had no experience but she seemed to like me and hired me on the spot. She gave me a referral to go take my drug test at Pyschemedics that Friday. The results were in Tuesday and the background check was completed exactly a week after. I was called by the employment center On December 13th, 2011 and asked if I would like to accept the job offer. I said yes, and I will be going to processing tomorrow, and then orientation for 2 days next week!
    So like I said, fairly easy for this particular position. Just be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions
    I was offered 15.72 hourly for this position. No negotiations were done.