Wynn Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Called for a meet and greet event via e-mail. When I arrived, there were already other applicants waiting (approximately 80-100). Once the meet and greet began, everyone was given a number, and everyone received a card to fill out with some basic questions and information. After that, applicants were called into a room 10 at a time with multiple interviewers. You will be assigned one interviewer, and they will ask you one or two questions all while reviewing your resume. It is my personal belief that during this initial interview they review your looks and attitude more than your resume. After a few minutes, the interview was over, and they stated that they would call me (although I knew they wouldn't based off of previous Glassdoor reviews I've read, and that I didn't pass the first round of the interview). The entire process seemed like a real waste of time to be honest with you. I never really got to share my experience or anything about myself, but for the opportunity to work at one of the most luxurious hotels on the strip, the risk was worth the reward.

Retail ? Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a very nice executive assistant. She informed me that I would be interviewed by the VP of Retail and the Director of Stores. I asked her if she knew what position it was for, as I did not apply through Wynn Careers? She advised that she was unsure as my resume was emailed by a recruiter. I agreed to go in 2 days later for the interview. I waited 30 minutes before the excecutive assistant walked me to the VP of Retail office. She apologized for the wait. She explained that it would be a quick interview, as she was busy. The Director of Stores was not present for the interview, as I was told over the phone? I handed her my resume although she had a printed copy.

Interview Questions

• She was very direct, which I can appreciate. She asked, very few quesions. IE "why do you want to work here, are you currently employed, and the best question was "what position are you applying for?! I then explained that that was my question to her? She was clueless. I asked what positions where available? She said she didn't know. I was flabergasted. I knew at that point that I did not want to work for such company. The interview was approximately 10 minutes max. She asked if I had any questions? I asked what next steps are? She said she would call me in a few days to set up a second interview. Thankfully she never did. If she would have, I would have politely decline. It is such a pity that The Wynn Resorts Las Vegas has a woman who has worked there for 15+ years yet she is unaware as to what position she was interviewing for and what positions are available in her department?   Answer Question

Host Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied at the employment center, got invited to a meet and greet the next week then got invited to a group interview; after the group interview I got an email stating I didn't get the job

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 20+ other applicants. Taken into a seating area and asked to introduce ourselves, with a snapshot of our work history. Afterwards I was pulled into a room with 10 other applicants. We were told we were moving on to round two of the process: one-on-one interviews. One-on-one was 15 mins long. Was asked 'why do you want to work for the Wynn?', 'tell me more about your work experience' and 'if you were hiring a room attendant, what qualities would you look for'. Directed to drug testing afterwards. Note: a freelance writer with no housekeeping experience made it. The key: be yourself. Don't rehearse anything or go in nervous. Relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Wynn?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Interview

Applied online. Invited to "meet and greet". Once there you're given a number and they take you into another room 10 at a time. My number was in the 70's so what I noticed from the first 6 groups was that about two from each group came out of the room and left. When it was my group turn we were ushered in. About 8-10 interviewers were at separate tables. We each sat down with a separate interviewer. The girl interviewing myself seemed bothered by the whole process and asked me to tell her about my experience, none of the "standard" interview questions. I'm sorry that I wasted my time learning about this company, I didn't even get to share that with her. It took less than 60 seconds and I was on my way out the door with the "we'll be making calls next week" blah. No where in sight were all the people who had not left. As others have said, seems like they are looking for an exact certain something, if you don't have it you don't even get a chance to prove yourself. It's only been a few days, haven't heard from them, and I really don't expect to.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in May 2015.

Interview

First I was invited to a Meet & Greet. Get there as early as possible because you can expect there to be 70+ applicants & you'll all be numbered. In groups of 10, you be sent into a room with a panel of about for people. They'll sit down with you, look over your resume & decide in literally 2MINUTES, if they like you or not. If they don't, they'll tell you someone will call you if interested. If they do, you get sent into a conference room & get a one on one with a recruiter & if she like you, she invites you back for a group interview. If they don't, they say someone will call you if interested. The group interview is about 40 people. They pair you up & leave you ten minutes to learn about each other. Try & find out interesting topics but really what they're looking for is if you can pay attention & remember little details. One they bring you into the interview room, you'll be met by 4-5 Front desk managers. You'll be asked to introduce your partner. Make sure you speak loudly & clearly. They don't care for resumes in this interview. It's about how you carry yourself. So introduce your partner like you were introducing yourself. Try your best bc my partner forgot some details about me & it didn't look good. I made it but she didn't. Then they ask for a customer service story. This is your best shot for being invited back. Don't ramble & a lot of people got too comfortable & told there story like they were talking I they're friend. Using casual verbiage made it seem unprofessional. Then if they like you one of the managers calls you to bring you on a one on one. If you're in, you get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you showed great customer service & went above & beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. But starting pay is really great compared to other properties.

Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

They held a meet and greet at the hiring center where they called in a few people at a time to go through a screening process. The guy told me it was negative that I had not worked in a couple years because I was going to school full time and taking care of my family. He did invite me back for a group interview but told me and a couple other people the wrong time to which we all lost out on hours of our time and the job we were trying for because we were told 2:00 when it was actually 1:00. Everybody (but 1 - who told us to sit in the lobby and wait) we talked to acted like it was our fault. It was a very rude atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Cocktail Server/Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the same day for an interview that was held just 3 days later. The first thing they do is a tattoo screening. Then they have all the girls (about 25) sit in a room and face 4 higher ups. They asked one question then called each girl up one by one to give their best answer. 5 girls were chosen and 3 of them knew or were related to people that already worked at the Wynn. I feel it was an unfair interview because it's all about who you know.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Get an invitation for a group interview/meet and greet. There's about 100+ applicants. They have you fill out a small piece of paper with your name and and few other questions and they give u a number. Then you line up 10 at a time to go and talk to one of 4 interviewers. They look at YOU, determine your not a good fit and say some b.s. line like, "we'll give you a call if someone is interested. " all the while taking the ones that's more "appropriate" looking to the back to speak to a manager and maybe get a chance at the job. They don't ask any interview questions, they're definitely not interested in what you say or can bring to the company. Just want to see if you fit into what they qualify as beautiful. if you have the resume, make sure you have the face to match. Or else you'll be put into the, "someone will call you," pile. Good luck!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wynn Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a thirty second interview against seventy or so other people. They were only asking three questions about related experience. It's all about who you know there, I dropped someone's name and was immediately taken to a back room for a second interview about my availability and the job details.

Interview Questions

• What related experience do you have? Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question