Wynn Resorts

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.8

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in December 2011.

On December 2nd, 2011 I had a 1 on 1 interview at the employment center for the Guest Room Attendant position. I was quite nervous but it was fairly easy. She told me she wasn't looking to do a hard up interview but really just to get to know me to see what kind of person I was. She asked me a couple simple questions. Why I wanted to work at the Wynn and why I would be a good asset to the company. She did most of the talking and told me about the position, letting me know it was harder than it sounded. I had no experience but she seemed to like me and hired me on the spot. She gave me a referral to go take my drug test at Pyschemedics that Friday. The results were in Tuesday and the background check was completed exactly a week after. I was called by the employment center On December 13th, 2011 and asked if I would like to accept the job offer. I said yes, and I will be going to processing tomorrow, and then orientation for 2 days next week!
    So like I said, fairly easy for this particular position. Just be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions
    I was offered 15.72 hourly for this position. No negotiations were done.

Wynn Front Desk (Tower Suites) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in August 2011.

The entire hiring process was relatively long but very fast paced. I had 6 separate interviews, including one phone interview that was conducted without warning and randomly after I applied online and went to the first "group interview." The group interview was the most nerve wrecking and challenging because you really have to understand what they are looking for before going in and you have to be comfortable trying to make an impression in a crowd of people. The order of the interviews went as follows: (1) Group interview invite via email providing date and time. (2) Phone interview (random and unscheduled) if secretly selected in the group interview. (3) First in person interview with the same person from the phone interview - a lower level management member who decides if you will proceed to the real interview (fairly short, about 10-15 mins tops). (4) Secondary in-person interview with manager who decides what level of potential you have and where you might fit in the company. (5) Manager from separate department if you have been identified as a good candidate for a different department. In the case it would mean they are considering you for Tower Suites or VIP representative positions. (6) The last interview will be with the hotel director (of both Wynn and Encore because they are connected sister properties under the same Wynn Resorts umbrella). She is really very nice but also very intimidating. She is serious about hiring only people that fit in to the Wynn family. Lastly, you wait for word on a job offer and you're good to go! Most people have expressed that they sometimes wait 6 months or more to hear back from the company and then literally jump at the opportunity to join. The 6 interviews I went on actually only took about 2 weeks from start to finish (not counting from the time I applied online) but I've been told this was an anomaly and that I was very lucky to have been offered a position in such a short time. -- They were in the middle of a hiring spree at the beginning of August and that helped greatly.

Interview Questions
    • In the group interview, I was asked to, instead of introducing myself, stand up and introduce the person sitting next to me. (You only get one shot in the entire group interview and you can miss your chance very easily at speaking/standing out all together if you don't actively participate.)   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. They offered an amazing hourly pay that I honestly never expected (~$17/hr) with full health and employment benefits, time off, and match pay 401k. The average Las Vegas receptionist position at the time was only offered about $10-14.

Security/Doorman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in February 2011.

1 on 1 interviews, in a group setting. Very fast, asked about 3-4 questions lasted less than 5 mins. My second interview was also 1 on 1, more in depth, lasted about 15 mins, sent to drug test that very same day.

Cabanas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in January 2011.

applied online and then selected to attend a group interview. partnered with another candidate , learned about the other person and introduced them to the group and panel of hiring managers. info such as name, where they're from and interesting fact about them. then asked a few more questions to answer individually about myself. then divided into 2 groups, the ones who are not selected usually are brought into another room and told so and the ones who are selected are kept in the room to which they then have a one on one with he department managers

Interview Questions
    • asked about a previous experience and how you went above and beyond. asked about a previous time you were extremely overwhelmed and how did You handle the situation to make it turn out positively   Answer Question
    group interview to one on one to drug test- all in one day.

Wynn Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in June 2010.

How do you deal with conflict amongst co-workers? It seemed that all they focused was on asking how to deal with co-worker problems and what would you do. Describe a scenario

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience you've had at a hotel while on vacation   Answer Question
    There is no room for negotiation they have base pay

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in March 2010.

Placed an application that I completely forgot about with Wynn Resorts in Las Vegas. The initial application required a personality test that was about an hour long. After this, I just forgot about the application and moved on with my job search.

Months passed. Out of the blue, I was called in for an interview at the hotel. It was a 2:1 interview in which two hotel managers interviewed me alone. They test your knowledge of the property, which is standard, and ask a few behavioral questions (i.e. Name a time when you had difficult guest interaction and how did you handle it?). The interview seemed to flow pretty well and the questions thereafter seemed to had depend on the response you gave. The managers seemed pretty easy to speak with and weren't really intimidating.

They informed me that the position they are interviewing for was on-call, which I was okay with, and the start date would be around mid-May. It is now June 10th as I write this and they haven't contacted me, nor informed me if I was declined a job offer. My job application sits on their career website as "currently being considered." The lack of communication they are willing to give me in regards to my pre-employment with them says a lot about what may follow if I were to get a job offer and accept. At this point, if they were to call, I would no longer be interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a stressful situation you had recently had and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Wynn Resorts/Wynn Las Vegas?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had difficult guest interaction and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in February 2010.

Usually involves a 2 part interview process; initially by Human Resource center, then by one of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Where was a time that you provided exceptional customer service to a customer?   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable pay.

Cashier Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in October 2009.

There were literally 100's of applicants, it took so long to even get to the interview part of the process. But once I actually got the interview set up, it went for my one on one, met the manager, and she sent me for a drug test.I passed and she called me back to speak about salary.

It did not pay enough.

Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wynn Resorts in February 2008.

A recruiter conducted an interview on campus followed by a phone interview with an hr manager. A few weeks later, they flew me in along with fifteen other candidates to interview with a panel of ten managers and directors. I got to stay in one of their gorgeous rooms, but was no meals or transportation were provided. The interviews were about thirty minutes each and consisted of behavioral questions and "give me an example of a time when..." questions. They all seemed to love working for the company, but this was at a point before the economy collapsed. In hindsight, their description of the position and future opportunities were riddled with empty promises and an inability to follow through with the intended program goals.

Non negotiable

Support Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wynn Resorts.

Initially applied for a different IT position and received an email from a supervisor to apply for another position as I was a perfect fit for it. Scheduled an interview via email. Interview consist of the supervisor and director of IT, 2:1. Just like any interview they ask about your experiences. Interview lasted a little over an hour.

The supervisor said he was getting back to everyone that didn't get the offer and if HR contacted you then you were in line for an offer. Well neither happened even though the Supervisor stated he didn't believe in leaving people hanging.

I sat around for about 2 months without any communication, except for checking status online which was "Review information" for about a month in a half.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation when your ask to do something then have to redo it because of a change of mind?   Answer Question