WyzAnt Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.4

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at WyzAnt (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I'm going to chalk it up to growing pains, particularly post-major investment after years of impressive bootstrapping, but -- my oh my -- the SF-based satilite office was an utter mess. I understand the challenges of the office's infancy as a non-HQ hub, but, operationally, it was truly scary, almost laughable. No company with this amount of qualified milestones, proven sustainability, revenues, and funding behind it should be so sloppy in its execution. The concept of "best practices" certainly did not apply AT ALL; and if the leadership doesn't do something quickly, then I fear the company's failed attempt at a first impression in SF and Silicon Valley will haunt it for some time.

Interview Questions

• I did most of the questioning, which isn't necessarily a negative. But it did give me pause.   Answer Question

Spanish Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at WyzAnt.

Interview

The whole process was very easy. You apply online and then take a quiz to determine your language ability. Then, you begin getting e-mails from potential clients. You arrange yourself which clients (around your area) you wish to tutor.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Private Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WyzAnt (Coralville, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-line and telephone first contact. Second round is in-person with the perspective student and/or parents. Before I could be considered for any tutoring position, a qualifications exam was required for each subject. For items where an exam was not available, my credentials were requested.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your qualifications to tutor... (Subject)? Q: How many years have you been tutoring? Q: Are you familiar with the Special Needs that my child has?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WyzAnt in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position and was contacted within a week about planning a phone interview. The phone interview was casual and not too intimidating; I felt good about things by the end of the conversation. I was told they'd contact me again within the week, which they did, asking if I could come in for an in-person interview. I did, and I had a good time at their office and felt the interview went well. However, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Since most of the work is from home, they asked me about a time when I'd had difficulty with a work-from-home situation and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Online Content Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WyzAnt (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long with one person. Then I was invited to come to the office. I met with two managers. They also watched me take an online typing test, which was a surprise. I thought it went well. The discussion flowed easily and we laughed a lot. Met the office dog.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay on track/focused while working from home?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at WyzAnt (East Birmingham, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

much shorter than expected, quick review of my qualifications and personal preferences in a work environment. prefessional and courteous. the interviewer was personal and comfortable, but the questions were difficult

Interview Questions

• What would your last employer say was your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Private Tutor Interview

Interview

You must create your profile and certify in the subject areas you wish to tutor, by taking a certification test.

Interview Questions

• none really, just navigating the rules for being an independent contractor.   Answer Question

Independent Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at WyzAnt.

Interview

Pretty reasonable. Not intrusive.

Interview Questions

• There are simple tests to pass to be qualified for exams.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Done online. Pretty good.

Independent Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WyzAnt (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

they screen you by giving you exams that are not timed

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at WyzAnt.

Interview

The process is very simple: 1) Fill out the paperwork with your personal information. 2) Take the 10-12 question "test" in any area you want to tutor. If you pass, you're certified to teach that area. If you don't, you can't ever take it again. That's it!

Interview Questions

• There is no phone, online, or face-to-face interview. Seems weird right?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one. They take 35% off the top and you get no benefits.