XING AG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Software Testing Engineer
Hamburg (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at XING AG in May 2012.

Interview Details – Overall process is little bit long - it took me 3 months from initial application to face-to-face interview. General impression about hiring process is positive - they're are intellegent guys and assist you with all issues you face.

The interview itself was not so hard - I would say that any ISTQB-certified tester would answer all the questions easilly. If you're familiar with test automation, be prepared for the questions related to OOP fundamentals - also basic ones.

Technical interview was interesting and I had to describe my current responsibilities and project i work in and then we discussed issues, positive and negative moments related to it.

I was given all the information about position and environment I was applying for by test team members.

Overall the interview was rather a conversation related to software testing and software development.

Interview Question – All the questions were easy   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at XING AG in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to Xing in the middle of summer which was followed up first with a telephone interview 2 months later and then a formal in person interview 2 months after that. It then took them an additional 2 months to finally get back to me with their decision. Each part was handled with care and attention; but that kind of timeline is a bit much to be honest.

The interview at their headquarters was long, intense and bit repetitive. The format was being interviewed in pairs by potential bosses and colleagues. Some of the territory had to be covered twice, but overall the questions were well-thought through to ascertain experience and compatibility of the candidate. The dialog at the end with the initial telephone interviewer was certainly the best part. A real good discussion was had.

Interview Question – If you started work here tomorrow what would you change about application?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at XING AG in August 2009.

Interview Details – The overall interview process went very well. We've have exchanged several e-mails until the interview itself, but they always were polite and felt sorry for the inconvenience.

I have had one single interview where I was interviewed by the QA Manager and a QA Engineer. I've started to present myself, and then they have made several general and technical questions.

The interview lasted 30min exactly. The people were very kind and the day after they send me an e-mail saying that I was not selected to the job.

Interview Question – Why did you want to pursue a career as a QA Engineer? What do you like about QA?   View Answer

Worked for XING AG? Contribute to the Community!