XING AG Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

3.2

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at XING AG in June 2014.

First there is a Skype interview but I did it on-site since I was living in the city. Then, if that goes well, you get a coding test that usually gives you a week to finish. Finally interview with a few members of the team and pair programming on a small project.

Interview Questions
    • The problems were not difficult, just make sure you talk, ask and for the first code exercise write tests.   Answer Question

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at XING AG in May 2012.

Overall process is little bit long - it took me 3 months from initial application to face-to-face interview. General impression about hiring process is positive - they're are intellegent guys and assist you with all issues you face.

The interview itself was not so hard - I would say that any ISTQB-certified tester would answer all the questions easilly. If you're familiar with test automation, be prepared for the questions related to OOP fundamentals - also basic ones.

Technical interview was interesting and I had to describe my current responsibilities and project i work in and then we discussed issues, positive and negative moments related to it.

I was given all the information about position and environment I was applying for by test team members.

Overall the interview was rather a conversation related to software testing and software development.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at XING AG in October 2010.

Applied to Xing in the middle of summer which was followed up first with a telephone interview 2 months later and then a formal in person interview 2 months after that. It then took them an additional 2 months to finally get back to me with their decision. Each part was handled with care and attention; but that kind of timeline is a bit much to be honest.

The interview at their headquarters was long, intense and bit repetitive. The format was being interviewed in pairs by potential bosses and colleagues. Some of the territory had to be covered twice, but overall the questions were well-thought through to ascertain experience and compatibility of the candidate. The dialog at the end with the initial telephone interviewer was certainly the best part. A real good discussion was had.

Interview Questions
    • If you started work here tomorrow what would you change about application?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at XING AG in August 2009.

The overall interview process went very well. We've have exchanged several e-mails until the interview itself, but they always were polite and felt sorry for the inconvenience.

I have had one single interview where I was interviewed by the QA Manager and a QA Engineer. I've started to present myself, and then they have made several general and technical questions.

The interview lasted 30min exactly. The people were very kind and the day after they send me an e-mail saying that I was not selected to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you want to pursue a career as a QA Engineer? What do you like about QA?   View Answer

Worked for XING AG? Contribute to the Community!