XL Catlin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin.

Interview

For an entry-level position: I applied online and received an email from HR within a week. I had a phone interview with the HR rep, who then called me back later that day to set up an on-site interview. The company paid for transportation. I interviewed with six people, all actuaries or actuarial analysts, as well as a short interview with someone in HR. Most of the actuaries were the people who would work directly with me on my team. Questions were mostly behavioral, no huge surprises. I got asked about my internship experience and also about what I knew about the company. I got a call the next day saying that they expected to extend an offer, and then I got my formal offer maybe a week or so after that. Overall, the process was very fast and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about XL?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

A week after applying, an hour phone interview with HR was done. A detailed phone interview was done with 3 business unit leaders. A few weeks pasts and additional communications were made prior to an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They spoke briefly about the company. This job is more of a sales position. If you're interested If you're interested in sales, this sounds like a great position. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Does this sound like a job you would like?   1 Answer

I'm not interested in a sales position.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XL Catlin.

Interview

6 Back to Back interviews, 30 minutes each. The interviews were fairly laid back, no trick questions. More so fit questions about team work, and situations you have had to resolve in a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair pay, no need to negotiate

Sen Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at XL Catlin.

Interview

Had to follow up multiple times on phone to schedule interview and get correct hiring manager. Lots of back and forth communication. Cancelled interview trip once and then finally rescduled interview for local area hotel. Interview in person lasted about 90 minutes was polite and to the point.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with diverse consultants   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wanted to get a higher salary they would not budge more than 2,000

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Hartford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the school website and went through a 30 mins interview. The lady that called me was the head of the department. She was very friendly in the interview even though it was in the very morning. We finished the interview ahead of the schedule but everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Telling relevant research experience is most difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Hartford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

it was a nice day. I walked into the room and had a small talk with receptionist and then meet Lucy who is the interviewer of 1 st round. and she went over my resume and asked me some basic questions. then give a brief introduction of what the company's strength and give me a impression that her company is a fast growing one.

Interview Questions

• what's your strength?   1 Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Exton, PA).

Interview

I heard the position from my professor and then I received an email for interview. There are two rounds. I had a phone interview with an actuary first. Then I was invited to the Exton office and had interviews with five actuaries there.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. Prepare everything on your resume. Also they asked me about the difference between Life Insurance and P&C since I had an internship in a life insurance company before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interiew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at XL Catlin (Stamford, CT).

Interview

First round - Phone screening with HR Talent Acquisition Lead. Second round - In person interview with the Hiring Manager and HR Manager. Third round - In person interview with the head of the department. Second round of interview process is very important as you will be working with the hiring manager. The hiring manager and HR manager spend about 45 mins each inquiring about your personality, job experience, and educational knowledge. In order for you to clear the interview, You need to have the skills and experience for the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation - very generous offer

XL Catlin Response

Nov 14, 2013 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Whomever you are, welcome to XL Group! I'm glad to hear that you had a positive candidate experience throughout your interview process. We're also glad to hear that you felt our offer was very ... More

Interview

First round HR interview, very nice lady. Then I was contacted by the HR next day about the second round interview. Video interview with an actuary. I think they are looking for someone with years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, but in detail in what you have done in the past.   Answer Question