XL Dynamics

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Cerritos, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at XL Dynamics in July 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 stages to the interview process. The first was a paper-and-pen skills test where they asked you IQ questions and coding questions. The IQ test was straightforward and rather fun. The coding part was also straightforward, basic C++ and Java stuff. They didn't seem very serious about me taking the test, though. I was put in the open with everyone else and the person next to me was blaring music all the time. When I was done, they told me I'd hear back within 2 or 3 days. After 4 days, I went back and asked them what happened, and they told me they meant 2 or 3 weeks.

3 weeks later, a HR person called me to go in for a 1:1 interview with a software engineer. That went pretty well, and the guy said he would recommend me to HR. I got a 2nd call 2 days later to go talk with the COO. I thought that was a great sign. The COO was obnoxious when I got there. She was 10 minutes late, even though I arrived 20 minutes early. She barely said 'hi', even though I greeted her first. She barely said 2 sentences to me, and just walked off, without telling me to follow her. In the end, she led me to the pantry where we had our "interview". She kept asking me why I left my previous job, when it was obvious it was an internship and I had just graduated. I kept pointing out that I had just graduated. 2 minutes into the interview, her phone rang and she was on in for 5 minutes. Then, she asked me a couple of questions for another 2 minutes and that was it. I got a call a week later, saying I didn't have the "right qualifications" for the job. If I didn't have the "right qualifications", why interview me in the first place?

Interview Question – Write SQL Select statements to generate the following tables.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at XL Dynamics in May 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online they gave you a date for a test. When you arrived at the site you waited for other to arrive. The group was then lead to a table in a break room and given a test packet. After completing the packet you found your way to the entrance and gave the packet to the receptionist. Never received a call back, didn't care to follow up.

Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Mahape (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at XL Dynamics in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1. General Aptitude
2. Aptitude related to Mortgage
3. Technical round
4. Hr round

Interview Question – Most questions are related to 2nd round test   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at XL Dynamics in March 2014.

Interview Details – 4 rounds 1.Aptitude 2.case study 3. HR 4. Technical

Interview Question – Aptitude was easy, case study will be mostly on mortgage , HR will mainly focuss on NIght shifts and are you willing to relocate etc etc.. Technical will be based on the case study which was given in 2nd round.. that is important   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at XL Dynamics in February 2013.

Interview Details – aptitude, written test on mortgage, hr interview and personal interview

Interview Question – technical round regarding mortgage is the most difficult of all   Answer Question

IT Support Engineer Interview

Mahape (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at XL Dynamics in June 2013.

Interview Details – To start with we were provided with a selection tests consisting of an aptitude test and a technical test.
Aptitude test was a little tough for the kind of position that was being offered (it was suited for the financial analyst's position whose intake process was also being taken on the same day) and the technical test was pretty easy.
Interview consisted of a technical round compounded with HR round as well. All the basic network related issues were discussed. A few real time instances were provided and we were asked how we would be able to solve it. Stress was given on Microsoft Exchange server and routing protocols.

Interview Question – They asked and seem to dig more into making you tell something about yourself and this can be challenging for some.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer in hand.

TECHNICAL POSITION Interview

Mahape (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at XL Dynamics in November 2013.

Interview Details – 4rounds-
Online written,Tech Written,Tech Round,Hr Round.

Interview Question – Their is no such question.They want guys who live beside their office or in their basements,i guess.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at XL Dynamics in May 2013.

Interview Details – First Round was Aptitude test followed by a Case Study related US Mortgage process

Interview Question – US Crisis and Mortgages process   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at XL Dynamics in July 2013.

Interview Details – hiring process is to slow and time consuming, don't know weather they have learn t the concept of management or not at B-school, went 2 times for the interview process but both the time found the same mismanagement, as the process was to start at 10 am;but at both the interview there was a delay of 2 hours,and the second round also took placed during the evening; manpower to manage the interview process was less and even those who came to took the rounds were thinking like as they were the VP of the co. i had just waisted my 2 days for this co. don't know on what basis they judge the candidate as the interviewer who come to judge are to young seems like they are hired few months back, how the co. can judge on the basis of them, full biased co. girls preference is more than boys. from my point of view don't go for this co. it's completely wastage of time

Interview Question – interview are held of only selected candidates i don't know on what basis they judge it. Interview question are like craps they should learn to ask complicated question as well.   Answer Question

ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at XL Dynamics in June 2013.

Interview Details – DAY1:- They took 3 round, 1st was Apti Test, 2nd was Case Study Based on Reverse Mortagage followed by Payroll Testing....

Therafter they told us that they will call us ( 5 candidate out of 50 shotlisted) but till now didnt get any call from them.. Even no1 out of 5.

Interviews for Top Jobs at XL Dynamics

Worked for XL Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at XL Dynamics interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by XL Dynamics employees and interview candidates.