XL Group

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at XL Group in June 2014.

I submitted my resume on the school website and went through a 30 mins interview. The lady that called me was the head of the department. She was very friendly in the interview even though it was in the very morning. We finished the interview ahead of the schedule but everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Telling relevant research experience is most difficult.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at XL Group.

I heard the position from my professor and then I received an email for interview. There are two rounds. I had a phone interview with an actuary first. Then I was invited to the Exton office and had interviews with five actuaries there.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions. Prepare everything on your resume. Also they asked me about the difference between Life Insurance and P&C since I had an internship in a life insurance company before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interiew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at XL Group.

First round - Phone screening with HR Talent Acquisition Lead.
    Second round - In person interview with the Hiring Manager and HR Manager.
    Third round - In person interview with the head of the department.

Second round of interview process is very important as you will be working with the hiring manager. The hiring manager and HR manager spend about 45 mins each inquiring about your personality, job experience, and educational knowledge. In order for you to clear the interview, You need to have the skills and experience for the job you are applying for.

No Negotiation - very generous offer

XL Group Response

Nov 14, 2013Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Whomever you are, welcome to XL Group! I'm glad to hear that you had a positive candidate experience throughout your interview process. We're also glad to hear that you felt our offer was very ... More

Global Claim Actuarial Intern Interview

First round HR interview, very nice lady. Then I was contacted by the HR next day about the second round interview. Video interview with an actuary. I think they are looking for someone with years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions, but in detail in what you have done in the past.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at XL Group in April 2013.

I meet with 2 supervisors from different department. they are nice.

IT Procurement Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at XL Group in April 2013.

Typical interview with questions about resume and background

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at XL Group.

I applied through an alumni connection. After applying I was promptly contacted to set up a phone interview. Even though I was studying abroad for the semester they were very willing to work with my circumstances. Shortly after the phone interview I was contacted about a second interview. This was traditionally an in-person portion, however due to my study abroad we used google video chat. This was the final interview and about a week later they made their decision. I really appreciated their willingness to work with my circumstances and their promptness with each step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked which lines of business I was most interested in working with. It really required me to have done my research and to understand the lines.   Answer Question

IT Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at XL Group in February 2012.

Met with the head of IT and some of the people that work for him. Nice group, friendly.

Interview Questions
    Was not in a position to negotiate. Accepted the offer given.

Environmental Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at XL Group in June 2011.

Round robin style with lots of folks to make sure you "fit" their culture. Typically a candidate will be interviewed by 6 or 7 people and then after the interviews the group will "roundtable" whether XL wants to hire that person. One powerful, opinionated voice can knock down all the other voices.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff really. Looking back I think they were focused on finding employees that would not question or make suggestions to improve the process or organization. Most of the questions were about one's willingness to collaborate with others on account decisions.   View Answer
    They exceeded what I was asking slightly but get it all before you join. Bonuses are thin because no matter what your achievement you will always be rated as average and get a lower bonus.

Human Resources Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at XL Group in November 2010.

I interviewed for a HR Financial Analyst position, it was a financial analyst that would work from the HR department. I had to do three rounds of interviewing; the first round was with the hiring manager, his peer, someone else from HR and my potential peer it took about two hours. Second round of interviewing which was a lunch interview took about one hour and it was in the buildings cafeteria, and the third was with a senior executive via web conference, she makes the final decision so you must impress her.

The interview was fair with expected questions such as my experience, strengths, weaknesses, maybe a few process type questions about how you would handle a certain situation you should expect "normal" questions that everyone should be prepared for, no curve balls.

The overall experience was a very professional one they provided me with an itinerary of who I would interview with and the times, directions to the location, before the interview I was offered water everyone was very nice and the culture seems friendly. I was very disappointed that I did not get the job I was told by the recruiter that the other candidate was given the offer