XL Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at XL Group (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They spoke briefly about the company. This job is more of a sales position. If you're interested If you're interested in sales, this sounds like a great position. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Does this sound like a job you would like?   1 Answer

I'm not interested in a sales position.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at XL Group.

Interview

6 Back to Back interviews, 30 minutes each. The interviews were fairly laid back, no trick questions. More so fit questions about team work, and situations you have had to resolve in a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair pay, no need to negotiate

Sen Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at XL Group.

Interview

Had to follow up multiple times on phone to schedule interview and get correct hiring manager. Lots of back and forth communication. Cancelled interview trip once and then finally rescduled interview for local area hotel. Interview in person lasted about 90 minutes was polite and to the point.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with diverse consultants   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wanted to get a higher salary they would not budge more than 2,000

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at XL Group (Hartford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the school website and went through a 30 mins interview. The lady that called me was the head of the department. She was very friendly in the interview even though it was in the very morning. We finished the interview ahead of the schedule but everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Telling relevant research experience is most difficult.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at XL Group (Exton, PA).

Interview

I heard the position from my professor and then I received an email for interview. There are two rounds. I had a phone interview with an actuary first. Then I was invited to the Exton office and had interviews with five actuaries there.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. Prepare everything on your resume. Also they asked me about the difference between Life Insurance and P&C since I had an internship in a life insurance company before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interiew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at XL Group (Stamford, CT).

Interview

First round - Phone screening with HR Talent Acquisition Lead.
    Second round - In person interview with the Hiring Manager and HR Manager.
    Third round - In person interview with the head of the department.

Second round of interview process is very important as you will be working with the hiring manager. The hiring manager and HR manager spend about 45 mins each inquiring about your personality, job experience, and educational knowledge. In order for you to clear the interview, You need to have the skills and experience for the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation - very generous offer

XL Group Response

Nov 14, 2013Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Whomever you are, welcome to XL Group! I'm glad to hear that you had a positive candidate experience throughout your interview process. We're also glad to hear that you felt our offer was very ... More

Interview

First round HR interview, very nice lady. Then I was contacted by the HR next day about the second round interview. Video interview with an actuary. I think they are looking for someone with years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, but in detail in what you have done in the past.   Answer Question

IT Procurement Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at XL Group in April 2013.

Interview

Typical interview with questions about resume and background

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at XL Group (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I meet with 2 supervisors from different department. they are nice.

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at XL Group (Exton, PA).

Interview

I applied through an alumni connection. After applying I was promptly contacted to set up a phone interview. Even though I was studying abroad for the semester they were very willing to work with my circumstances. Shortly after the phone interview I was contacted about a second interview. This was traditionally an in-person portion, however due to my study abroad we used google video chat. This was the final interview and about a week later they made their decision. I really appreciated their willingness to work with my circumstances and their promptness with each step.

Interview Questions

• I was asked which lines of business I was most interested in working with. It really required me to have done my research and to understand the lines.   Answer Question