XO Communications Account Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at XO Communications.

The hiring process for this company is a joke!

You first go through a phone interview then several face to face interviews. The first manager I interviewed with and whose team had the opening, was great! Very detailed, direct about the prospecting and cold calling involved with the role. Discussed the perseverance and acumen it takes for one to succeed. He was also very motivating. I felt great about the opportunity.
The next phase of the process was meeting with other Sales Managers who asked me questions I am positive they are not allowed to ask for legality reasons, but also seemed he could really care less to be truly interested in what I have to say. It seemed to me he had already made up his mind in the first 10 seconds of meeting me. Not much more can be said for my last interview with the Director of Sales who actually seemed irritated to be interviewing me. They have you interview with other account managers. All in all you may go through 5 interviews and a phone interview for an account manager position? I guess if someone has no other prospects then it is not an issue. I was very interested in XO as a company and after my first meeting with the first sales manager, I put up with the process. I will not be selecting XO as an employer and do not recommend them.

Worked for XO Communications? Contribute to the Community!