XO Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.5

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

it was botched by the HR rep. He gave bad information on the call in number and was unresponsive when trying to get the correct information. I managed to find the interviewers contact information and call him directly. HR rep did not join the conference call at first to make sure everything went off as planned. HR rep did not take responsibility for giving incorrect information.

Project Manager IV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted 30 minutes. I made it to the second interview. I received an email for an interview at 8pm at night. The interview was for 10am the next morning. The interview lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 employees for about an hour and a half then I had an interview with the manager. No one from HR or XO bothered to call me afterwards to provide any feed back. Nothing, never knew if I got the job or not, never even RECIEVED an email thanking me for interviewing. Extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage competing priorities?   1 Answer

College Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

i had the phone interview about 20 minutes with HR and she was really nice and asked some basic question on my resume. After 2 days, she sent me onsite interview invitation with manager. The onsite interview last about 30 minutes and mostly manager talk more about the content of the internship and asked my school project, my interest as well as how well i know the company

Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XO Communications in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Chandra Green on a phone interview after applying online for the position. The interview was very standard. She tells you alittle about the company and then asks you to tell her about yourself. The questions to expect are why do you want to work here?,what qualifies you for the position? You will be asked about salary requirements at the end before coming in for a face to face interview.

Could not meet minimum salary requirements so did not continue with the process. Their range is $45k-$50k

Attorney Interview

Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XO Communications (Pennsauken, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager of the XO office located in Pennsauken NJ. She was anxious to hire an experienced Telecom Tech which I was. It was a friendly experience and I was confident I would be hired because I was recommended by someone who had a daily contact with one of XO's techs.

Interview Questions

• was I ever convicted of a crime or ever have my driving privileges revoked   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than I asked for and asked for less than hoped to get.

Any Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

XO is not hiring. The best chance is to try to be an intern.

Interview Questions

• They are sincerely very into being a highly ethical company. Expect to be given a scenario that poses a tough ethical situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I worked for them as a contractor previously so they knew me.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications in October 2013.

Interview

Phone screening and Extensive technical interview performed.

Interview Questions

• Had to solve a couple of day to day basis programming problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

While the hiring process at XO might seem to drag out at times, that changes once you obtain an interview with the hiring manager. They will ask probing questions regarding your experience, long/short term goals, your strongest assets, why you want to work there, and what you consider to be your weakest skill/quality. Then depending on the position, you could be asked specific questions to determine if you have the skills required for the position

Interview Questions

• There was only one unexpected question in regards to etiquette while working in a "cube" environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a little room to negotiate based on experience and fair market value

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

Interview process was one day; came in and met with three members of the team, including the hiring manager. They introduced me to folks in the office and were very open about the pros and cons of working here.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult; the hiring manager was very straight forward. She took alot of notes, which I liked. Showed she was interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, mostly because I had been laid off for 8 months. I didn't want to ruin my chances. However, the recruiter had told me the salary range for this job, and the offer came in at the top end of the range. I was happy, so I took it.