XO Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.5

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at XO Communications (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

easy, they are desperate for headcount, sales talent pool is weak, most retreads and bridge jumpers. success will depend how many sales leads you get from the call ins, sales is 95% won on price.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they have a range, under industry standards.

Project Manager IV Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted 30 minutes. I made it to the second interview. I received an email for an interview at 8pm at night. The interview was for 10am the next morning. The interview lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 employees for about an hour and a half then I had an interview with the manager. No one from HR or XO bothered to call me afterwards to provide any feed back. Nothing, never knew if I got the job or not, never even RECIEVED an email thanking me for interviewing. Extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage competing priorities?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at XO Communications (Herndon, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process in not very difficult. Just two or three persons take interview in a very conducive environment. If you are able to impress the interviewer they will hire you. Normally do not ask very technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary   1 Answer

College Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at XO Communications.

Interview

i had the phone interview about 20 minutes with HR and she was really nice and asked some basic question on my resume. After 2 days, she sent me onsite interview invitation with manager. The onsite interview last about 30 minutes and mostly manager talk more about the content of the internship and asked my school project, my interest as well as how well i know the company

Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at XO Communications in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Chandra Green on a phone interview after applying online for the position. The interview was very standard. She tells you alittle about the company and then asks you to tell her about yourself. The questions to expect are why do you want to work here?,what qualifies you for the position? You will be asked about salary requirements at the end before coming in for a face to face interview.

Could not meet minimum salary requirements so did not continue with the process. Their range is $45k-$50k

Attorney Interview

Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

Technology Managemnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at XO Communications (Plano, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I impressed the interviewer and he was a friend, position was mine before the interview. Did you really think otherwise? once interview I received offer, started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was a friend, position was mine before the interview. Did you really think otherwise? once interview I received offer, started two weeks later.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Software Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at XO Communications in October 2013.

Interview

Phone screening and Extensive technical interview performed.

Interview Questions

• Had to solve a couple of day to day basis programming problems.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at XO Communications (Pennsauken, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager of the XO office located in Pennsauken NJ. She was anxious to hire an experienced Telecom Tech which I was. It was a friendly experience and I was confident I would be hired because I was recommended by someone who had a daily contact with one of XO's techs.

Interview Questions

• was I ever convicted of a crime or ever have my driving privileges revoked   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than I asked for and asked for less than hoped to get.

Central Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at XO Communications (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Based in large part on attitude over aptitude. They already have many tenured folks on staff, but they need trainable people who can work together and get along. Have the right attitude, willingness to go the extra mile, positive can do attitude. Must have telecom and some facility experience as you will be required to on top of industry eqpt and maintain the sites.

Interview Questions

• How do you structure your day when you have projects going on and trouble tickets to work? Are you able to be on call? describe a situation in which you did not have all the facts or knowledge to complete a task/install, but were asked to complete it anyway? describe a situation in which you were confronted with an angry customer, what steps did you take to calm them down or resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiations. you either take it or leave it.