XO Communications

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.6

Attorney Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

Technology Managemnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at XO Communications in April 2010.

I impressed the interviewer and he was a friend, position was mine before the interview. Did you really think otherwise? once interview I received offer, started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • I was a friend, position was mine before the interview. Did you really think otherwise? once interview I received offer, started two weeks later.   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Software Engineer IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at XO Communications in October 2013.

Phone screening and Extensive technical interview performed.

Interview Questions
    • Had to solve a couple of day to day basis programming problems.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennsauken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennsauken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at XO Communications.

I was interviewed by the manager of the XO office located in Pennsauken NJ. She was anxious to hire an experienced Telecom Tech which I was. It was a friendly experience and I was confident I would be hired because I was recommended by someone who had a daily contact with one of XO's techs.

Interview Questions
    • was I ever convicted of a crime or ever have my driving privileges revoked   View Answer
    I got a higher salary than I asked for and asked for less than hoped to get.

Central Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at XO Communications in April 2010.

Based in large part on attitude over aptitude. They already have many tenured folks on staff, but they need trainable people who can work together and get along. Have the right attitude, willingness to go the extra mile, positive can do attitude. Must have telecom and some facility experience as you will be required to on top of industry eqpt and maintain the sites.

Interview Questions
    • How do you structure your day when you have projects going on and trouble tickets to work?
      Are you able to be on call?
      describe a situation in which you did not have all the facts or knowledge to complete a task/install, but were asked to complete it anyway?
      describe a situation in which you were confronted with an angry customer, what steps did you take to calm them down or resolve the conflict?

Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiations. you either take it or leave it.

Nation Repair Tech III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at XO Communications in June 2010.

Interview process was relatively easy with some detailed Technical questions

Interview Questions
    • what are specific sip trunking codes and what do they mean   View Answer
    There were no negotiation's on salary

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at XO Communications in September 2010.

Several step process to meet with hiring manager, Human resources, peers and potentially with the team. Must submit online profile as well and standard background and drug screen checks. Background in Technology is a must and like most interviews, too many 2-3 year jobs will reflect poorly as telecom has seen a lot of rotating chairs. GM position should require managing 5-8 managers, and value for knowing both direct and indirect channels.

Interview Questions
    minimal... was given a number and no wiggle

Any Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at XO Communications.

XO is not hiring. The best chance is to try to be an intern.

Interview Questions
    • They are sincerely very into being a highly ethical company. Expect to be given a scenario that poses a tough ethical situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I worked for them as a contractor previously so they knew me.

Anonymous Interview

While the hiring process at XO might seem to drag out at times, that changes once you obtain an interview with the hiring manager. They will ask probing questions regarding your experience, long/short term goals, your strongest assets, why you want to work there, and what you consider to be your weakest skill/quality. Then depending on the position, you could be asked specific questions to determine if you have the skills required for the position

Interview Questions
    • There was only one unexpected question in regards to etiquette while working in a "cube" environment   Answer Question
    There was a little room to negotiate based on experience and fair market value

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at XO Communications in October 2012.

Face-to-Face

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult employee and/or project team member? If so, how did you deal with that individual?   View Answer
    Pleasant. However, I asked for more then the offered 3% and was told this was the most they could offer, given current business conditions.