XOJET Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.4

Trip Manager Interview

Interview

New hires go in front of a panel.

Trip Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at XOJET.

Interview

I had tried to get hired on for about 1 year but managed to land an interview. It was an "all day" event that consisted of 5 1-on-1 interviews with various department heads (Operations, Customer Service, HR, etc). 3 months went by and I finally received a call with a job offer; started 2 1/2 wks later.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions were used. Most difficult was an inquiry asking me to juxtapose my past employment experience (non-aviation related) and how it would help me in the position I was applying for (trip manager/customer service).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was executed; as it was a substantial pay and benefits increase from my current employer.

Captain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Dinner the night before interview. Interview consists of 5 groups of 2 current employees. You will interview with all 5 groups.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

1st a phone interview. Then if you invited for a one on one its usually about 4 or 5 one on one interviews.

Negotiation

NA

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at XOJET (Brisbane, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within 2 or 3 days from HR to get a quick overview.

Invited in for in-person interviews with 4 different people ranging from senior management to executive management. One interview was more technical in nature, one an overview of how the business works, and two cultural/personality fit. All were highly personable with a wide range of backgrounds which I greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you create a looper macro?
      2. What do you want most out of this job?

1 Answer

Negotiation

I stated what salary I was looking for when I first spoke with HR. I was initially above their range, but accepted anyways due to numerous factors and some flexibility given on vacation time that I had already planned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

5 panel interview process. 1 technical eval.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

At the time I was hired, the process was to hold several one-on-one interviews after an initial phone screen. The current process is to hold one panel interview and encourage shadowing with current Trip Managers. This new process seems to be more effective in that the panel is able to discuss immediate impressions rather than waiting several hours or days to discuss after each individual interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at XOJET (McClellan, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Spoke with HR representative over the phone and discussed job requirements and resume. One on-site interview with manager. No tricky questions, just basic qualifications and information. Met several other members of the team, and was given offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• None. Just past experience questions. "Why XOJET, What do you hope to gain, are you a team player, etc."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

6 interview groups made up of about 3 xojet employees in each room. Mostly just general discussion to get to know you. There is one panel that will go over technical questions on mostly IFR operations.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions. That was the most difficult for me cause my mind was so blank at this point I couldn't think of anything and it seemed like they wanted me to ask something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations it is all layer out and that is it. If you needed time off or maybe had something planned you could probably negotiate that but pay and schedule is set.

Pilot First Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview, then an all day interview with 6 different panels.

Interview Questions

• Your personality is the most important part of the interview. There are technical questions. Be sure to know the 135 alternate minimums.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. 52k likely you will burn out before an upgrade. There has been a pay freeze since 2008.