XPIENT Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at XPIENT Solutions.

Interview Details – Phone interview first that lasted about 20 minutes. Just general technical questions.

They put me in a room with two engineers, and then placed me in front of a live debugging session of some of their in house custom code. They had the debugging session projected on a large screen.

They explained a communications program they wrote in house for about 20 minutes or so. I was expecting general questioning regarding their communication system. Instead of general questions regarding the functionality of their system they ask me to modify the program by adding a new feature to it while they watched.

Had I known in advance what they were up to I would have cancelled the interview.

I go the feeling they were looking for a pure coder type who happen to be versed in exactly what they did there. I don't think they had much interest in integrating people into their environment. I thinking they were looking for a tool not a professional.

Interview Question – Ask to add a new feature to their communication code after a brief explanation of their communication system.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at XPIENT Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward for the dispatcher position. I met with the head of customer service. The Questioning was that of my background in IT and prior experience. Several questions were asked of my current knowledge of OSs and any cll support experience that I might have had. A strong emphasis was made on customer service

Interview Question – Had I had any experience using a VPN   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for XPIENT Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at XPIENT Solutions interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by XPIENT Solutions employees and interview candidates.