XPIENT Solutions Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at XPIENT Solutions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at XPIENT Solutions (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the direct manager of the position. Interview consisted of a basic explanation of the company and the job position in addition to basic questions regarding experience.

Face to face interview involved the manager spoken to during the phone interview and his immediate manager. Information presented in phone interview was given in greater detail. More detailed questions were asked regarding previous work experience including basic details of projects.

Concerns that I voiced about the position (a good fit, job duties, work load, etc.) were approached by the interviewers. I left with many of my concerns alleviated.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the architectural layout of a previous project that you worked on?   Answer Question

Software Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at XPIENT Solutions (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview first that lasted about 20 minutes. Just general technical questions.

They put me in a room with two engineers, and then placed me in front of a live debugging session of some of their in house custom code. They had the debugging session projected on a large screen.

They explained a communications program they wrote in house for about 20 minutes or so. I was expecting general questioning regarding their communication system. Instead of general questions regarding the functionality of their system they ask me to modify the program by adding a new feature to it while they watched.

Had I known in advance what they were up to I would have cancelled the interview.

I go the feeling they were looking for a pure coder type who happen to be versed in exactly what they did there. I don't think they had much interest in integrating people into their environment. I thinking they were looking for a tool not a professional.

Interview Questions

• Ask to add a new feature to their communication code after a brief explanation of their communication system.   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at XPIENT Solutions (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward for the dispatcher position. I met with the head of customer service. The Questioning was that of my background in IT and prior experience. Several questions were asked of my current knowledge of OSs and any cll support experience that I might have had. A strong emphasis was made on customer service

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none