Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at XSMore
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at XS.
I made it to the second round of interviews. First interview was with 2 people who just asked me to tell them a little about myself and my skills. They look for team work and if they think they will get a long with you.
- Tell me a time when you were not challenged, When you put an IKEA chair together do you read directions first or just go right into it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at XS (Morrisville, NC) in September 2009.
It was an initial phone interview then a 3 hour 3 group interview.
- What, if any, situations have you been in where the work was mindless. How did you deal with it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at XS (Morrisville, NC) in June 2009.
Interview process was long and had several sessions, some with single people and some as panels. Questions ranged from basic concepts, such as defining classes from common physical objects, to basic database design (design 2-3 tables that hold this information), to intermediate level SQL queries (design queries for multi-table joins, cross-joins, etc on paper without a reference). Additional questions centered around cultural fit and an introduction tot he company.
- How would you define classes or objects for use in building phones? 1 Answer
Negotiation was handled by the recruiting company.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at XS in July 2012.
The phone interview went well and I went for the face to face the following day. Management wasn't interested in talking about ANY of my work experience, they were more interested in how well I'd fit in. I was told employees are required to spend a lot of time after work together socially. It was emphasized that employees that are not interested in spending every waking moment with their co workers either wind up quitting or are fired.
- Tell me about a personal experience involving building something and how you approached the process (or something along those lines). 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review