XSport Fitness

Very Easy Interview

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Lyons, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in October 2009.

Interview Details – Really easy if you have a pulse you are in

Interview Question – There is none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – The Fitness Manager that hired me was highly intelligent, driven, educated, motivated and is the primary reason I took the position at XSport. He, however, was suddenly and without explanation let go and a new FM took his place and is far less competent or professional.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly specific. Many kinesiology and exercise science based questions.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – Filled out an app, got a call the next day. Interview process wasn't hard. A couple of questions about prime/secondary movers and a client case study. Most of the time the FM was just talking meeting sales goals. He was very assuring that he would help me along the way to start off.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. Asked questions about personal training and customer service/sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

SPA Manager Interview

Merrifield, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at XSport Fitness in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, formal interview with district and general managers, background check

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation you have to take what they offer!

Very Easy Interview

Call Center- Customer Service Interview

Big Rock, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – Found the job in the newspaper. I was called by a guy and set up an interview. Some woman interviewed me. The woman in charge of the call center. She was under dressed in jeans and a fleece jacket when I wore a suit. She didn't ask me anything except about my resume. She made me lead the entire interview and immediately jumped into, "Well, do you have any questions for me?" So yes, I basically interviewed her. Lasted about 20 minutes, if that? Then she gave me a tour of the call center which was cramped and had about 20-30 people in a tiny room with florescent lights with everyone on head sets. It was NOT what I expected. Everyone looked straight out of college. I think the pay was around 35,000. I was told I would be reached with a decision and the unprofessional woman never called me back, but I don't blame her because I definitely showed I wasn't interested in the job. She even asked me, "Are you still interested?" I couldn't submit myself to a job like this. The papers were left on ledges!!! NOT EVEN IN ORGANIZED BASKETS!!!! They are taking care of gym memberships and the papers were everywhere! What a joke. I even toured this gym beforehand to see what the company was about and the guy at the gym who gave me a tour was on his cell phone the whole time.

Interview Question – She asked me nothing! She just asked about my resume.....   Answer Question

Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at XSport Fitness in June 2011.

Interview Details – Asked some questions to test knowledge about human anatomy/training regimen/past experience.
After the questions, you got tested to talk to some people on the floor.

Interview Question – Design a program for an individual, very brief program but special needs present with the individual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to request more money having a good certification (ACSM) and college degree in Exercise Science

Front Desk Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in August 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, and very laid-back. They want to know your experience working in customer service. Also, be able to explain any previous experience you have had in sales, working in a gym, tanning, and retail operations. These are all things that you will do at the front desk. If you are not personable, do not take this job.

Interview Questions

General Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in April 2009.

Interview Details – it was stress free

Interview Question – How are you going to benefit our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in October 2008.

Interview Details – This was the shortest interview I've ever had, but the interviewer (the company's director) did ask me a list of (what I thought were) pretty basic questions regarding fitness/training concepts. Work culture: as a trainer, you're on the bottom of the company totem pole - be prepared to get blamed for things that you have no control over. However, if you're new to the personal training business, it's worth accepting a position here just to go through the week+long training program they put you through before you start at an actual gym. You'll learn a lot even if you don't stay with the company for a long time after.

Interview Question – What is "functional training"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiations. Your hourly rate is based on if you've got a college degree and how many certifications you have. One of my co-workers supposedly made a dollar more per hour b/c he had a double major in college, but frankly he turned out to be extremely unreliable in both word and action and he may not have been telling the truth on that.

Personal Trainer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at XSport Fitness in March 2010.

Interview Details – Went in on a personal training open house and did first interview. It went well. Interviewer said he would call me next week to set up a second interview. On the second interview I was offered the job, after a skills assessment. I negotiated the wage to a suitable level and then went on a third interview the next week with the Regional Manager to confirm that I would be getting the wage that I requested.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • How comfortable do you think you would be selling personal training on a sale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to get the interviewer up $ 4 / hour because I had extensive education.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for XSport Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at XSport Fitness interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by XSport Fitness employees and interview candidates.