XSport Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.8

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview

Was contacted by email to set up a time after submitting the online application. Met interviewer at one of the locations. I didn't get any technical questions although it sounds like others did. If you bring a lot of questions that shows you have done your homework it should be short and sweet. Make sure that if they explain the pay scale, you pay attention because it can be a little confusing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked where else I was looking which isn't too unexpected I guess but I wasn't super comfortable disclosing that.   Answer Question

SPA Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview

The interview is pretty easy, they will ask for you to tell them a little bit about yourself. Next they will ask if you have ever been in sales. Show them that you are confident and that you are sure you will do well in spa sales. Look polished and be yourself. The interview will be very shot. Dress how you would if you worked there, look at the current spa desk employees for tips.

Interview Questions

• The first questions was "tell me a little bit about yourself". Just be confident.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview

I've gone through and conducted multiple interviews with/for them. They can be long, or they can be as short as seeing your face, and saying you're hired. It starts with applying online or in the actual facility. Your BEST bet is to actually hand-in an application. The applications we receive online go in a query in our e-mail with little, to no details, and mostly gets immediately deleted. For my position, I was asked a whole rank of questions - About management experience, budget conservation methods, analytical questions, you name it... For any typical interview, you're usually only asked about your basic experience, why you're interested in being an employee, and are you ok with the job description.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked, was honestly the scenario based questions. XSport is so unique, that no other past job (at least for Operations Management) can compare. So, to be able to relate one to the other was exceptionally difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called two days later with a salary and bonus structure plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XSport Fitness (South Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Not a very detailed process. Easy, but not reassuring for the professional. I suppose this depends on the location that you're hired at as this has a lot to do with the needs or disparity of the gym. The turnover ratio is high, I feel like they need to invest a bit more in their candidate selection

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself... very easy interview. It was 1 time, in person. Not anything to sweat   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiations are based on how many credentials you brought the table

Fitness Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview

Went to the sales office for an application looking for a first job. I am heavily into fitness so why not work the new gym in town? I was disregarded since I didn't want to buy a membership. There was a career fair, I went to it, I got called up and told them about my passion about fitness and got into a groove with my words. He had no more questions and hired me on the spot. Very Easy. However, I had to travel every day quite a distance for training. Training is in the middle of nowhere.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Run Acres, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XSport Fitness (Big Run Acres, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a email within 4 days asking if I could come in for a interview the next day between the hours of 10 and 2, the email asked me to reply back with a time I could come in so I did. I never received a email back confirming the time however I did go to the location at the time I was available. The building was in the middle of NO where and I had to wait about 20 minutes. I met with 2 ladies whom never gave me their titles only their names, the asked maybe 4 questions and then walked me through their "call center". It was a very small room with about 14 people sitting on the phones, papers everywhere. When we were walking out the interviewer asked if I had any more questions, I asked about training and she said "I can't teach you" it's a hands on job.Somewhere along the way we lost the second lady who never said goodbye, I was told that they had some other people to interview and that they would get back to me. As I was walking out I asked her, Can I ask what the hourly pay is and she said 10.00 a hour. I never did hear back from them, not a call, a email nothing even though I sent a email thanking them for the interview. I would have never accepted the position because I have enough experience and education to look elsewhere. I felt it was a very unprofessional place.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I felt were my strengths and I said I'm very organized and she cut me off and said well not to downplay that but are you good at multiply tasking. I thought well if you give me a little bit longer to answer then I would have also told you that I was great at multiply tasking.   Answer Question

Membership Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at XSport Fitness in August 2013.

Interview

ask about previous work experience, goals for promotion, where you see yourself in 5 years, how long do you plan on staying with the company. Have you had experience in sales or working in a gym environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XSport Fitness (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The Fitness Manager that hired me was highly intelligent, driven, educated, motivated and is the primary reason I took the position at XSport. He, however, was suddenly and without explanation let go and a new FM took his place and is far less competent or professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly specific. Many kinesiology and exercise science based questions.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview

Filled out an app, got a call the next day. Interview process wasn't hard. A couple of questions about prime/secondary movers and a client case study. Most of the time the FM was just talking meeting sales goals. He was very assuring that he would help me along the way to start off.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Asked questions about personal training and customer service/sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Front Desk/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XSport Fitness (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about three days later to come in for a panel interivew. It was, however, more of a group interview. Manager collected our resumes and only asked one interview question. I was the only candidate that asked questions and was the only one hired.

Interview Questions

• What brings you into Xsport Fitness?   1 Answer