XSport Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Big Run Acres, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at XSport Fitness in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a email within 4 days asking if I could come in for a interview the next day between the hours of 10 and 2, the email asked me to reply back with a time I could come in so I did. I never received a email back confirming the time however I did go to the location at the time I was available. The building was in the middle of NO where and I had to wait about 20 minutes. I met with 2 ladies whom never gave me their titles only their names, the asked maybe 4 questions and then walked me through their "call center". It was a very small room with about 14 people sitting on the phones, papers everywhere. When we were walking out the interviewer asked if I had any more questions, I asked about training and she said "I can't teach you" it's a hands on job.Somewhere along the way we lost the second lady who never said goodbye, I was told that they had some other people to interview and that they would get back to me. As I was walking out I asked her, Can I ask what the hourly pay is and she said 10.00 a hour. I never did hear back from them, not a call, a email nothing even though I sent a email thanking them for the interview. I would have never accepted the position because I have enough experience and education to look elsewhere. I felt it was a very unprofessional place.

Interview Question – They asked what I felt were my strengths and I said I'm very organized and she cut me off and said well not to downplay that but are you good at multiply tasking. I thought well if you give me a little bit longer to answer then I would have also told you that I was great at multiply tasking.   Answer Question

Fitness Counselor Interview

Fitness Counselor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – Went to the sales office for an application looking for a first job. I am heavily into fitness so why not work the new gym in town? I was disregarded since I didn't want to buy a membership.

There was a career fair, I went to it, I got called up and told them about my passion about fitness and got into a groove with my words. He had no more questions and hired me on the spot. Very Easy. However, I had to travel every day quite a distance for training. Training is in the middle of nowhere.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Lyons, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in October 2009.

Interview Details – Really easy if you have a pulse you are in

Interview Question – There is none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – The Fitness Manager that hired me was highly intelligent, driven, educated, motivated and is the primary reason I took the position at XSport. He, however, was suddenly and without explanation let go and a new FM took his place and is far less competent or professional.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly specific. Many kinesiology and exercise science based questions.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied in-person and interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – Filled out an app, got a call the next day. Interview process wasn't hard. A couple of questions about prime/secondary movers and a client case study. Most of the time the FM was just talking meeting sales goals. He was very assuring that he would help me along the way to start off.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. Asked questions about personal training and customer service/sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

SPA Manager Interview

SPA Manager
Merrifield, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at XSport Fitness in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, formal interview with district and general managers, background check

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation you have to take what they offer!

Call Center- Customer Service Interview

Call Center- Customer Service
Big Rock, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness.

Interview Details – Found the job in the newspaper. I was called by a guy and set up an interview. Some woman interviewed me. The woman in charge of the call center. She was under dressed in jeans and a fleece jacket when I wore a suit. She didn't ask me anything except about my resume. She made me lead the entire interview and immediately jumped into, "Well, do you have any questions for me?" So yes, I basically interviewed her. Lasted about 20 minutes, if that? Then she gave me a tour of the call center which was cramped and had about 20-30 people in a tiny room with florescent lights with everyone on head sets. It was NOT what I expected. Everyone looked straight out of college. I think the pay was around 35,000. I was told I would be reached with a decision and the unprofessional woman never called me back, but I don't blame her because I definitely showed I wasn't interested in the job. She even asked me, "Are you still interested?" I couldn't submit myself to a job like this. The papers were left on ledges!!! NOT EVEN IN ORGANIZED BASKETS!!!! They are taking care of gym memberships and the papers were everywhere! What a joke. I even toured this gym beforehand to see what the company was about and the guy at the gym who gave me a tour was on his cell phone the whole time.

Interview Question – She asked me nothing! She just asked about my resume.....   Answer Question

Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at XSport Fitness in June 2011.

Interview Details – Asked some questions to test knowledge about human anatomy/training regimen/past experience.
After the questions, you got tested to talk to some people on the floor.

Interview Question – Design a program for an individual, very brief program but special needs present with the individual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to request more money having a good certification (ACSM) and college degree in Exercise Science

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in August 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, and very laid-back. They want to know your experience working in customer service. Also, be able to explain any previous experience you have had in sales, working in a gym, tanning, and retail operations. These are all things that you will do at the front desk. If you are not personable, do not take this job.

Interview Questions

General Interview

General
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at XSport Fitness in April 2009.

Interview Details – it was stress free

Interview Question – How are you going to benefit our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Worked for XSport Fitness? Contribute to the Community!