XTO Energy

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at XTO Energy in March 2013.

I submitted my resume through a recruiter and they asked me to come in and interview 3 weeks later. Obviously they weren't in any hurry to fill this position. My interview was at 4pm and like any good candidate I got there about 15 minutes early but it took 10 minutes to park and walk to the building so I signed in at security at 3:55. I sat around until 4:20 before the HR person came to get me. When she showed up she didn't even offer an apology for making me wait so long. This made for a bad first impression. The HR person asked me one very basic question about my resume, went over the company benefits and had me fill out a background check form. She then left me sitting in a tiny room with no windows for about 15 minutes before she came back to get me. We then walked several blocks to another building where I met with the hiring manger. The manager was really nice and asked basic questions about my resume and talked about the department and the position. Then I met with another manager in a related department. He asked a few behavioral type questions and personality questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at XTO Energy in February 2013.

Online based, HR called to schedule interview, 3-tier interview, one-on-one. Took almost three months for department to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    Interns don't really have a lot of room to negotiate, but it was very simple. Extended offer over the phone.

IT Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at XTO Energy in April 2012.

Talked to HR and IT, total of two interviews

Interview Questions
    • Provided a demonstration training session   View Answer
    Very quick and easy

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at XTO Energy in October 2011.

One interview. Meet with HR, supervisor, then manager.
    HR is behavioral, very easy.
    Supervisor talks about what you would be doing, asks about your resume.
    Manager is more in depth about technical skills, asks same questions about resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Be able to justify your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Geoscience Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at XTO Energy in December 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter, who found my resume on Career Builder. She set up the interviews: the first interview was with HR (explained benefits) and with several managers and the VP of my department. The second day of interviews was with supervisors in departments with which I could work.

Work culture is quiet and dress is conservative casual (no jeans, except on fund-raising days). Lots of people here have worked with each other at other companies over the years, so newcomers can feel 'out of the loop'.

The recruiter did this for me. I also received a sign-on bonus.