Xactware

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Test Analyst Interview

QA Test Analyst
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xactware in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview was through hirevue which was different but i liked it. You answered both video and typed questions, which are suppose to be the same for all canidates. Took a few weeks for a face to face interview, but again it was pleasant with standard interview questions applicable to the job. A few weeks later I received a job offer. All in all a fairly pleasant experiences, just wished it went a little quicker at the time.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions as mentioned above. nothing really difficult if you know the stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made and benefits package explained. It fit what I needed and i accepted

Very Easy Interview

Orem, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Xactware in March 2010.

Interview Details – inteview was about getting to know individual.

Interview Question – what is a switch statement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Technical Support Specialist Contractor Interview

Technical Support Specialist Contractor
Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Xactware in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went through staffing company, heard about the job and was set up for an interview. Asked questions about how I handled difficult customers, basic technical questions: what is an IP address, how do you map a network drive, how many MB in a GB, what is the difference between an application, process, and service; what are your weaknesses/strengths, how do you handle stressful situations, etc.

It went well and I was called a couple of hours later to know that I had the job. After I was accepted they did a background check, so I needed to find the locations, phone numbers, etc, of everywhere I had lived or worked for the past 5 years.

Interview Question – I hadn't mapped a network drive in a while, but it's fairly simple, so you can google it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they just let me know their offer and I accepted.

QA & Testing Analyst Interview

QA & Testing Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Xactware in November 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I received an email a few days later indicating I "got the interview." It was a digital interview setup through HireVue. I had three business days to complete the interview. I used my laptop which has a webcam, but they also have an option to use iOS or Android based mobile devices (a front-facing camera is required).

I found a place in my home to setup where I wouldn't be distracted and where there was nothing distracting in the background. I setup some lights off camera that helped show my face better on the webcam. You get to cycle through three practice questions to make sure your camera and mic are working, and to get used to interviewing this way. The practice questions were standard interview questions and weren't saved. I also wasn't asked anything close to those questions during the actual interview.

The interview begins with some essay questions. You read the question and take the time you need to write your response. Then there are several questions that record your response with video. You have up to 33 seconds to read the question and think of a response before the recording starts, but you can start the recording sooner. You have up to 5 minutes to respond, but can stop the recording any time. I believe there were 13 questions total.

Interview Question – While interviewing at home was convenient, I found on a couple questions I would have liked to ask for clarification but was unable to do so. I was also not given a chance to add anything else I would have liked them to know about myself.   Answer Question

QC Interview

QC
Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xactware in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was nice as they used an online interview system which allowed me to interview from home and at my convenience. While I did not get the job it was nice to save some time by doing it this way.

Interview Question – It was the lack of question of "anything you would like to say/add" I needed to say some of my own things but did not receive the opportunity since it was programed and online.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xactware.

Interview Details – Relaxed interview with manager and team lead, as well as HR rep. Just the standard interview questions with a demonstration of knowledge of some skills related to the position. Fairly easy process. Got an offer a few days later and accepted. They were flexible with the start date and allowed me to finish up my current dealings before starting with them.

Interview Question – Physical demonstration of skills on one of their laptops.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Support Technician
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xactware in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was typical for a help desk position. ~How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past.. ~How did you resolve a difficult problem.

Interview Question – More difficult than normal were networking questions such as, Do you know what Telnet is and how to use it.. Ping, Tracert... etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation.

Telenet Sales Representative Interview

Telenet Sales Representative
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xactware in October 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty standard process. Submitted application and resume and was called for a quick phone interview after which I was called in for a personal interview. Questions were what you would expect in a sales type interview. What are your goals, what type of environment do you thrive in, what is your sales process, etc. They want to make sure you can handle a high volume of calls.

Interview Question – They interviewer gave me a number and asked me to figure out in my head what a certain percentage of it was.   View Answer

Orem, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Xactware in January 2009.

Interview Details – Someone from HR called me and did a quick pre-screen for the position and set up an interview. The interview was pretty laid back. Two development leads and the director of HR participated. There was a mix of technical and personality type questions. It definitely was a positive experience for me. There were a few times where I got stuck on answering certain some technical questions and the interviewer made an effort to re-ask the question in a way that made it easier to answer. I felt like they were really trying to feel me out and not just going through a list of questions and checking off if I knew them or not.

Interview Question – They're weren't a lot of super tough questions for an entry level developer. There were times where they asked about the specifics of C# and I wasn't familiar with the terminology.   Answer Question

Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xactware.

Interview Details – I applied online, and they responded within a week for a quick interview on the phone about my degree and experience. About a week later there was an other interview with two senior developers and someone from HR. They asked about what languages I knew and how well I would rate myself. They widely use C#. They each asked questions that related to their background of expertise and so you best to not bluff anything. They are all very nice as you would expect in Utah Valley. Be sure to wear slacks and a tie, you must wear slacks and a tie.

Interview Question – Given a code snippet, talk about what would break and how it would be best improved. In C#, it would not have even complied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was given over the phone by a nice HR representative. The pay was above the national average and even more so over the local area. I had the option to think it over, however I took the job right then.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Xactware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xactware interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xactware employees and interview candidates.