Xactware Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

First I was seated in front of an Apple laptop and given 30 minutes to proofread, edit, and write. The test was fairly easy and somewhat humorous, given the number and types of errors. Then an HR representative, the team manager, and the team writer interviewed me. Nice folks, really.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How did you learn about this position and what attracted you to apply? How would you deal with an unresponsive SME? Tell a story about a time you worked under deadline and either met or exceeded expectations.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

The job market is always competitive when looking for good people. Companies need to realise that they're selling themselves as much as candidates are. It's important to treat people well during the interview process. Your interview process reflects the value your company places on each candidate and, by extension, each employee. Be a good ambassador for your company by conducting a professional interview, communicating honestly, and basing hiring decisions on an honest evaluation of each candidate's capabilities. Not only will you make great hires, but you'll build goodwill and enhance your future recruiting efforts.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for long term   1 Answer

QA & Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter to fill out an application, then do a HireVue interview, which is an interview where you read questions and respond to your webcam. I think that was probably the hardest part, I get nervous on camera. A few business days later, I was invited into the first face to face interview with two QA Managers. They asked a lot of different behavioral questions, nothing really technical. The second in person interview was with two more QA Managers and an HR person. They asked different behavioral questions and had me test stuff to see what my thought process was. I was asked to come in for a third interview with a manager from the first interview, and the person that would be my direct manager. I guess it's not normal to have three, but he was not able to be in the first couple interviews. This one was easier, there were some behavioral question, they asked a couple technical questions, and they told me a little about the company and the job. I was offered the job that evening. The first two interviews lasted over an hour, the third was about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon after received an email reply stating that they wanted me to do a digital interview. The request came from Xactware but I have a feeling that this is how their parent company Verisk Analytics likes to do things. I don't like the idea of "digital interviews" as to me it's too impersonal and I'm not into talking to machines, so since there was no way to contact a human about it, I ignored it. A week later I got a voicemail from an HR person asking if I was going to do the digital interview and was I still interested in the job. I called them back and explained that I was interested in the job but here are my issues with the digital interview. I said that while being a technically oriented person I am also a people person and to me the dgitial interview is too impersonal. I would prefer a phone or in person interview and I think that would give them a better perspective of who I am and what I have to offer. This person seemed quite surprised by my request. In short, after a little discussion, they said they would ask the hiring manger and get back to me. They never did. And now about two months later they are still looking to fill the position.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the network team and HR it was a mix of technical questions and personality questions. Entire process took about an hr. The entire process was one of the funnest interviews i have ever gone on. They made me feel right at home and at ease.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

They contacted me extremely fast after I applied which means it was all automated. I then had take a coding test/interview. I understand that whole process but what made me kind of annoyed was that in the email they sent me they said it was a web cast interview which I interpreted as more like a Skype call where the interviewer would ask me questions and I would answer. It was nothing like that of course. I'm just a little bugged about how misleading the email was. I did think the coding questions asked were fair questions though.

Interview Questions

• They asked two questions that required coding in C# and one question in Objective-C   Answer Question

QA & Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial video interview with about 5 or 6 questions that requires record at your own pace video responses. Then an in-person panel interview with an HR representative and two managers. The third interview was again with the same HR representative, one of the same managers from the previous interview, and two additional managers.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have worked within process improvement in the past, and provide detail on what steps were involved, how the work was performed and how the various team members interacted. What do you like to do for fun when you are not at work? Explain the different types of QA testing and explain what types of QA methodology you are familiar with. Have you ever worked on a SCRUM team and are you familiar with Agile? Do you have experience with LINUX or writing code? What is the name of our key product and from your understanding, what does it do and how does it work? What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Internet Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Did a video interview. Four recorded questions, none of which were technical. Three programming questions. There is a time limit for each but they give you plenty of time, like an hour for a pretty simple problem and thy provide test cases for you to run at the click of a button.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty simple. The most difficult one I had to write a program that received payment and gave the correct amount of change in the best form (how many dollars, quarters, nickles etc.).   Answer Question

Internet Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

The whole process was pretty fast. I interviewed onsite and had an offer maybe a week later. Most questions were more personality related, a few fairly easy technical questions, it was my first job out of college though.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty easy considering I was just out of college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer over the phone, it was in the range I felt was fair so I didn't try to negotiate for more.

QA Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was through hirevue which was different but i liked it. You answered both video and typed questions, which are suppose to be the same for all canidates. Took a few weeks for a face to face interview, but again it was pleasant with standard interview questions applicable to the job. A few weeks later I received a job offer. All in all a fairly pleasant experiences, just wished it went a little quicker at the time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions as mentioned above. nothing really difficult if you know the stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made and benefits package explained. It fit what I needed and i accepted