Xactware Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

QA & Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter to fill out an application, then do a HireVue interview, which is an interview where you read questions and respond to your webcam. I think that was probably the hardest part, I get nervous on camera. A few business days later, I was invited into the first face to face interview with two QA Managers. They asked a lot of different behavioral questions, nothing really technical. The second in person interview was with two more QA Managers and an HR person. They asked different behavioral questions and had me test stuff to see what my thought process was. I was asked to come in for a third interview with a manager from the first interview, and the person that would be my direct manager. I guess it's not normal to have three, but he was not able to be in the first couple interviews. This one was easier, there were some behavioral question, they asked a couple technical questions, and they told me a little about the company and the job. I was offered the job that evening. The first two interviews lasted over an hour, the third was about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon after received an email reply stating that they wanted me to do a digital interview. The request came from Xactware but I have a feeling that this is how their parent company Verisk Analytics likes to do things. I don't like the idea of "digital interviews" as to me it's too impersonal and I'm not into talking to machines, so since there was no way to contact a human about it, I ignored it. A week later I got a voicemail from an HR person asking if I was going to do the digital interview and was I still interested in the job. I called them back and explained that I was interested in the job but here are my issues with the digital interview. I said that while being a technically oriented person I am also a people person and to me the dgitial interview is too impersonal. I would prefer a phone or in person interview and I think that would give them a better perspective of who I am and what I have to offer. This person seemed quite surprised by my request. In short, after a little discussion, they said they would ask the hiring manger and get back to me. They never did. And now about two months later they are still looking to fill the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

They contacted me extremely fast after I applied which means it was all automated. I then had take a coding test/interview. I understand that whole process but what made me kind of annoyed was that in the email they sent me they said it was a web cast interview which I interpreted as more like a Skype call where the interviewer would ask me questions and I would answer. It was nothing like that of course. I'm just a little bugged about how misleading the email was. I did think the coding questions asked were fair questions though.

Interview Questions

• They asked two questions that required coding in C# and one question in Objective-C   Answer Question

QA & Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial video interview with about 5 or 6 questions that requires record at your own pace video responses. Then an in-person panel interview with an HR representative and two managers. The third interview was again with the same HR representative, one of the same managers from the previous interview, and two additional managers.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have worked within process improvement in the past, and provide detail on what steps were involved, how the work was performed and how the various team members interacted. What do you like to do for fun when you are not at work? Explain the different types of QA testing and explain what types of QA methodology you are familiar with. Have you ever worked on a SCRUM team and are you familiar with Agile? Do you have experience with LINUX or writing code? What is the name of our key product and from your understanding, what does it do and how does it work? What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Internet Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Did a video interview. Four recorded questions, none of which were technical. Three programming questions. There is a time limit for each but they give you plenty of time, like an hour for a pretty simple problem and thy provide test cases for you to run at the click of a button.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty simple. The most difficult one I had to write a program that received payment and gave the correct amount of change in the best form (how many dollars, quarters, nickles etc.).   Answer Question

Internet Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

The whole process was pretty fast. I interviewed onsite and had an offer maybe a week later. Most questions were more personality related, a few fairly easy technical questions, it was my first job out of college though.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty easy considering I was just out of college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer over the phone, it was in the range I felt was fair so I didn't try to negotiate for more.

QA Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was through hirevue which was different but i liked it. You answered both video and typed questions, which are suppose to be the same for all canidates. Took a few weeks for a face to face interview, but again it was pleasant with standard interview questions applicable to the job. A few weeks later I received a job offer. All in all a fairly pleasant experiences, just wished it went a little quicker at the time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions as mentioned above. nothing really difficult if you know the stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made and benefits package explained. It fit what I needed and i accepted

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Xactware Solutions in November 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I received an email a few days later indicating I "got the interview." It was a digital interview setup through HireVue. I had three business days to complete the interview. I used my laptop which has a webcam, but they also have an option to use iOS or Android based mobile devices (a front-facing camera is required). I found a place in my home to setup where I wouldn't be distracted and where there was nothing distracting in the background. I setup some lights off camera that helped show my face better on the webcam. You get to cycle through three practice questions to make sure your camera and mic are working, and to get used to interviewing this way. The practice questions were standard interview questions and weren't saved. I also wasn't asked anything close to those questions during the actual interview. The interview begins with some essay questions. You read the question and take the time you need to write your response. Then there are several questions that record your response with video. You have up to 33 seconds to read the question and think of a response before the recording starts, but you can start the recording sooner. You have up to 5 minutes to respond, but can stop the recording any time. I believe there were 13 questions total.

Interview Questions

• While interviewing at home was convenient, I found on a couple questions I would have liked to ask for clarification but was unable to do so. I was also not given a chance to add anything else I would have liked them to know about myself.   Answer Question

QC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xactware Solutions (Orem, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was nice as they used an online interview system which allowed me to interview from home and at my convenience. While I did not get the job it was nice to save some time by doing it this way.

Interview Questions

• It was the lack of question of "anything you would like to say/add" I needed to say some of my own things but did not receive the opportunity since it was programed and online.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions (Orem, UT).

Interview

Relaxed interview with manager and team lead, as well as HR rep. Just the standard interview questions with a demonstration of knowledge of some skills related to the position. Fairly easy process. Got an offer a few days later and accepted. They were flexible with the start date and allowed me to finish up my current dealings before starting with them.

Interview Questions

• Physical demonstration of skills on one of their laptops.   Answer Question