Xactware Solutions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Internet Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xactware Solutions.

The whole process was pretty fast. I interviewed onsite and had an offer maybe a week later. Most questions were more personality related, a few fairly easy technical questions, it was my first job out of college though.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty easy considering I was just out of college.   Answer Question
    They made an offer over the phone, it was in the range I felt was fair so I didn't try to negotiate for more.

QA Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions in June 2014.

Initial interview was through hirevue which was different but i liked it. You answered both video and typed questions, which are suppose to be the same for all canidates. Took a few weeks for a face to face interview, but again it was pleasant with standard interview questions applicable to the job. A few weeks later I received a job offer. All in all a fairly pleasant experiences, just wished it went a little quicker at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions as mentioned above. nothing really difficult if you know the stuff.   Answer Question
    Offer was made and benefits package explained. It fit what I needed and i accepted

QA & Testing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Xactware Solutions in November 2013.

After submitting my resume online, I received an email a few days later indicating I "got the interview." It was a digital interview setup through HireVue. I had three business days to complete the interview. I used my laptop which has a webcam, but they also have an option to use iOS or Android based mobile devices (a front-facing camera is required).

I found a place in my home to setup where I wouldn't be distracted and where there was nothing distracting in the background. I setup some lights off camera that helped show my face better on the webcam. You get to cycle through three practice questions to make sure your camera and mic are working, and to get used to interviewing this way. The practice questions were standard interview questions and weren't saved. I also wasn't asked anything close to those questions during the actual interview.

The interview begins with some essay questions. You read the question and take the time you need to write your response. Then there are several questions that record your response with video. You have up to 33 seconds to read the question and think of a response before the recording starts, but you can start the recording sooner. You have up to 5 minutes to respond, but can stop the recording any time. I believe there were 13 questions total.

Interview Questions
    • While interviewing at home was convenient, I found on a couple questions I would have liked to ask for clarification but was unable to do so. I was also not given a chance to add anything else I would have liked them to know about myself.   Answer Question

QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xactware Solutions in June 2013.

The hiring process was nice as they used an online interview system which allowed me to interview from home and at my convenience. While I did not get the job it was nice to save some time by doing it this way.

Interview Questions
    • It was the lack of question of "anything you would like to say/add" I needed to say some of my own things but did not receive the opportunity since it was programed and online.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Relaxed interview with manager and team lead, as well as HR rep. Just the standard interview questions with a demonstration of knowledge of some skills related to the position. Fairly easy process. Got an offer a few days later and accepted. They were flexible with the start date and allowed me to finish up my current dealings before starting with them.

Interview Questions
    • Physical demonstration of skills on one of their laptops.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xactware Solutions in January 2013.

Went through staffing company, heard about the job and was set up for an interview. Asked questions about how I handled difficult customers, basic technical questions: what is an IP address, how do you map a network drive, how many MB in a GB, what is the difference between an application, process, and service; what are your weaknesses/strengths, how do you handle stressful situations, etc.

It went well and I was called a couple of hours later to know that I had the job. After I was accepted they did a background check, so I needed to find the locations, phone numbers, etc, of everywhere I had lived or worked for the past 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • I hadn't mapped a network drive in a while, but it's fairly simple, so you can google it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they just let me know their offer and I accepted.

Telenet Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions in October 2012.

Pretty standard process. Submitted application and resume and was called for a quick phone interview after which I was called in for a personal interview. Questions were what you would expect in a sales type interview. What are your goals, what type of environment do you thrive in, what is your sales process, etc. They want to make sure you can handle a high volume of calls.

Interview Questions
    • They interviewer gave me a number and asked me to figure out in my head what a certain percentage of it was.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xactware Solutions.

I applied online, and they responded within a week for a quick interview on the phone about my degree and experience. About a week later there was an other interview with two senior developers and someone from HR. They asked about what languages I knew and how well I would rate myself. They widely use C#. They each asked questions that related to their background of expertise and so you best to not bluff anything. They are all very nice as you would expect in Utah Valley. Be sure to wear slacks and a tie, you must wear slacks and a tie.

Interview Questions
    • Given a code snippet, talk about what would break and how it would be best improved. In C#, it would not have even complied.   Answer Question
    Offer was given over the phone by a nice HR representative. The pay was above the national average and even more so over the local area. I had the option to think it over, however I took the job right then.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xactware Solutions in October 2011.

The interview questions proposed by HR were rudimentary and silly. The typical 'What are some of your strengths?" and most were not very in depth. The technical questions were much better and they offer a small code test to show your strengths.

Interview Questions

The offer was well below what other IT firms were willing to offer for my experience.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xactware Solutions in August 2011.

The hiring process consisted of a brief phone interview, then a panel interview a few days later that included the hiring manager, an HR representative, and the manager of a cooperating but separate team. After a month without feedback, there was a brief second interview with the hiring manager and department director.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate an additional $5,000 because of a higher offer I received from another company outside the region. However, the response and new offer did take about 2 weeks.