Xantrion Consultant Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xantrion in January 2013.

The process was very fast and easy. I received a phone interview promptly after applying for the position online. I had my first person interview within the next couple days and my second interview the day after that. They at first test to see if you personality is a fit with the company culture. Then in the second interview they test your technical skills. If you a personable and are confident in your expertise, you'll do good.

Interview Questions
The benefits here are top notch and they pay you what you deserve.

Other Interview Reviews for Xantrion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xantrion in December 2011.

It was fairly standard, though definitely more in depth than previous interviews for similar positions. Xantrion simply wants to make sure the person they are hiring is the person they meet in the interview process. I was out of state, so it started with a phone screen, basic IT questions that your average A+ certified person should be able to sleep through. Then, it was on to the technical questions with HR that were a bit more in depth than the previous questions. Not a single question seemed to be out of the range of the position I was applying for. From a technical side, I would say they were spot on.

After that phase was through on day 1, they called back the next day to schedule a video conference interview. This was with 3 separate people and again, seemed to be exactly what I would expect with a position that I was applying for. Each person seemed to be gauging my ability to interact with clients in a technical manner, which is exactly what they should be looking for in my position. After that all went well, they flew me out to meet the team and do a final round of interviews, including a nice lunch as well. They offered me a position the same day and even offered to assist with relocation. I couldn't have asked for more and they have been a great company since then.

It seems that if you don't have just the right combination of technical skills and interpersonal skills, they probably aren't looking for you anyway. This isn't a company with a bunch of closet nerds that work on routers in the dark all day. We all interact very closely with each and every client, so your personality does play a part in the decision making process. Can't be much more straight forward than that.

Interview Questions
    Be honest and realize what position you are applying for. If you have a lot of experience and a strong technical skillset, and you happen to be great at working with people, you can be very confident that Xantrion will be coming to find you and that they will take care of you like one of their own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xantrion in May 2011.

They advertise frequently in my city on Craigslist. I never visited the office, all interviews are done through Skype. From initial contact to the rejection form letter it took about 15 days. When pressed for a more specific reason: "Not a fit," was the non-answer. You'll see it in other reviews on here, they're consistent.

First interview was with an HR person. Typical "why are you looking at this time" questions and a roughly 50-question technical quiz about TCP ports, storage concepts and some Windows/Active Directory stuff.

Over the next roughly two weeks I talked with everyone in their organization up to and including their CIO and CEO. I won't detail the interview process as it would identify me. The "last date of interview" is approximate (but very close) too.

Expect that interviews will be longer than the scheduled time.

Drug test? Passed... 50 mile round trip to and from the one location in my area that was open.

Background check? Outsourced to an outbound call center in Texas. They won't even spell your name right when requesting verifications, despite it being provided to them electronically in a PDF form. Needless to say if they aren't spelling your name correctly they will not be able to verify things. Three hours spent retrieving documents from storage and faxing them to "prove" things that would have been revealed by simply paying attention to the correct spelling of my name. Highlights? Being asked to fax them my high school diploma.

Yes, that's right. For a non-entry-level IT consulting job they want a fax copy of your high school diploma.

Don't waste your time faxing their background agency anything as "proof," although that's the term they use they don't treat it as such. Their report will still show whatever it was as "unverified." The interview process took about 20 hours including actual interviews, time spent doing the personality test and time spent faxing (who uses fax anymore, seriously?) irrelevant documents to the background check agency. This is not a technically difficult interview process, just a big waste of time. Who drug tests a candidate that's "not a fit?"

Interview Questions
    • What happens at the packet level when you browse to a local intranet website from your computer on the same LAN? If it's a non-local website how does it differ?   Answer Question
    • What is the TCP / UDP port for ( insert name of service here )   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xantrion in September 2010.

I applied through Craigslist posting. Got a phone call, took their preliminary skills test, which was relatively straightforward, scheduled for an in-person interview. Went to office, met the management. then took the Caliper personality and skills test. Got an email a few days later that i wasn't a good fit for them.

Seems like a nice place to work. Benefits and training seem great, but pay seems rather low. I did not speak with any employees, but I noticed staff is rather homogenous.

Interview Questions
    • what ports are used by smtp, rdp, etc?   View Answer