Xantrion Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xantrion in July 2014.

The whole process was very quick. I sent in a resume on Friday, then I was contacted for an initial interview on the following Monday. Then after a couple more steps I had an interview on Thursday and a job offer before I left. Everybody was very nice and fun to talk to. It hardly felt like an interview. I spoke with the CEO, Anne, which was a pleasure. She got to know me as a person. Then I met with Micheal and James, Sr. Help Desk Technicians and they got to know me on a personal level, as well as got a feel for my technical background. Then I met with the CFO Tom who scared the bee jeebies out of me. Very intimidating but also down to earth. He asked me some questions to get a feel of my technical networking background, then opened the floor to questions where he let out his nicer less serious side. Throughout the process the Executive Assistant has been extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.

Help Desk Technician Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xantrion in June 2014.

The Interview process at Xantrion is nothing if not speedy. I applied to a position online through craigslist and I kid you not, got a phone call from them 15 min later. I've never seen that before. I honestly thought I applied to them weeks ago and forgot about it. The first phone call was straight up no nonsense technical questions to gauge your skill level. The next step was a felt a little odd and out of place. They had me come into their office to take an online multiple choice test that asked questions to determine personality, logic and problem solving skills. The only reasons I found it odd was because I've never taken a test like that on any other interviews and I don't know why they had me come into the office to take it instead just sending me an email link so I could do it at home, other than that, whateves it was fine. The final interview process was actually meeting people including the manager and heads of the company. I really like that they did this all in one sitting rather than stretch it out into a manager/co-worker interview and a head of the company interview.

Help Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Xantrion in May 2014.

Recruiter came on my school's campus. Applied through recruiter. Got a phone call about a day later. Went through what I would say is a phone screen, was asked boiler plate questions. I was then asked to take a personality test, which they sent me a link to through email. After that I had a Skype interview with two managers. After the interview I was told I would hear back by the end of the week, but they made a decision before the end of the same day and passed me an offer. Whole process was quick and only took about 4 days from first contact to passing an offer.

Interview Questions
    Accepted offer without changes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xantrion in February 2014.

I applied online, and Xantrion emailed me back the same day. They verified some information from my resume and then did a phone screen, A+ level stuff. When they said they would call me back the next day, they actually did. I conducted a skype interview with my future manager, and the founder. After that I flew from Detroit area to Oakland for an in person interview and was extended an offer contingent on the background check. The whole process was much faster than with similar companies.

Interview Questions
    There is a great benefits package and a range of salaries for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xantrion in December 2013.

E-mailed my resume through CL, and received a call within a week from Xantrion. Answered some questions over the phone, including a brief technical questionnaire, and then received another call for an interview within the week. I met with the service manager and both owners in the interview, where I was told about the position and asked questions about my experience, detailed technical knowledge, and personal goals. The interview went very well, learned much about how Xantrion works and gained some personal knowledge as well. They called me within a couple days there after with their decision.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, accepted offer straight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xantrion in May 2013.

I applied online, and was contacted for a phone interview. Afterwards, I completed a fairly long online personality evaluation questionnaire and was eventually called in for another interview. Because I was in a different city and busy finishing up school, I was able to interview via Skype, where I spoke with a number of individuals within the company. After the interview, I took a drug test and submitted to a background check through a third party company. After everything was completed and verified, I received an official offer letter, which actually ended up being a slightly higher position than I had originally interviewed for. Besides a delay between the personality assessment and the Skype interview, I thought the hiring process was straightforward and smooth, and everyone I spoke with was very nice. Overall, an extremely positive experience.

Interview Questions
    Starting salary was fair, did not negotiate.

Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xantrion in June 2012.

I was referred by an employee, so that was my shoe-in. After they reviewed my resume, I received a call which led to a phone interview. From the phone interview, I scored an in-person interview where I had two interviews and received a tour of the building. All in all, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    I did not feel it was necessary to negotiate based on the offer amount.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Xantrion in May 2013.

I responded to a Craigslist ad and the very next day I got a call. There are steps for the interview process. Phase 1, initial interview and basic tech questions; Phase 2, Personality test; Phase 3, Skype interview; Phase 4, in-person interview. The process was very smooth and painless! We skipped the Skype interview after the first two phases. The process is very clear and is a great indication of the company you will be applying for. Honest, direct, organized.

Interview Questions
    The offer was fair and there is lots of opportunity to grow within the company. Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Xantrion in May 2013.

The interview was streamlined and friendly, essentially it's 4 steps. I applied over Craigslist and sent over my resume (I didn't know anyone at Xantraion). Next thing I know - I am doing step 1 - the initial phone interview. I was asked several easy technical questions and was told I'll hear back. A couple of days later I was on step 2 - personality test. The personality test was conducted on-line and the best advice I have for you is to be honest and sincere. Once the test was completed, 2 days later I was called to conduct the interview over Skype (step 3) because I was applying from the East Coast and obviously couldn't make it in person. After the Skype interview, within a few days we were negotiating a time to meet in person and Xantrion flew me out to Oakland shortly after (on their dime!).

We met for lunch and towards the end of the interview I was offered a position :) I accepted.

Interview Questions
    The offer was fair and I chose not to negotiate. The offer was presented in a pleasant way and I was given time to think it over.

Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Xantrion.

Interview process went very smoothly. Xantrion were very accommodating to your schedule. The initial phone interview to a face to face interview process was very quick. There is a reason why the hiring process is so stringent, the culture here is one of the best I've seen.

The initial phone interview lasted about 20 mins, with some basic technical questions.
    After a few days, I was schedule for the face to face interview, to meet with the execs and managers. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions
    The benefits are bar none, the process was very smooth and competitive.

Worked for Xantrion? Contribute to the Community!