Xantrion Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Xantrion.

Interview

The interview was a series of phone calls and some time on Skype where I met other people already in my position, as well as those farther up in the company. It was a combination of questions about my technical skills, as well as my personality.

Helpdesk Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xantrion.

Interview

Definitely not all it's cracked up to be. Interview was as standard as IT interviews go, definitely not as relaxed and interpersonal as others have said here. Three round interview, one with the CFO, two managers, and a CFO. The managers were extremely condescending, if you make one technical mistake, you're pretty much done. They don't care about whether or not you reach the end solution - all they care about is the draconian technical jargon. They don't care if you have the knowledge and personal skills to help satisfy a client's request. None of that matters. Complete waste of time. If you want to try to find an IT job, look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask what is a network, they asked a bunch of typical IT questions, like if X happened, what would you do.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very efficient. Within a couple days of applying, I received a call from Xantrion in which I underwent a short interview. Shortly thereafter, I was asked to schedule an in person interview. I was able to make the the proposed apointment, but they seemed willing to conform to my schedule. The interview was actually three consecutive interviews, which I liked instead of needing to come back multiple times. Everyone was very friendly, and I felt comfortable from the get go. There were a mix of technical questions and questions about hobbies and such. Everyone was very thorough in explaining how the company works, and liked what I heard.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xantrion in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email within 24 hours of submitting my application online. Next step was scheduling a 30 minute phone interview with Anne, the co-founder and president. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview, to meet her and some members of the marketing team the following week.
    The final step was to complete the Caliper assessment, drug test, and paperwork for a background check.
    Everyone I met was extremely friendly, helpful, and passionate about their work. I enjoyed interviewing, and was very impressed by the whole process.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xantrion in July 2014.

Interview

The whole process was very quick. I sent in a resume on Friday, then I was contacted for an initial interview on the following Monday. Then after a couple more steps I had an interview on Thursday and a job offer before I left. Everybody was very nice and fun to talk to. It hardly felt like an interview. I spoke with the CEO, Anne, which was a pleasure. She got to know me as a person. Then I met with Micheal and James, Sr. Help Desk Technicians and they got to know me on a personal level, as well as got a feel for my technical background. Then I met with the CFO Tom who scared the bee jeebies out of me. Very intimidating but also down to earth. He asked me some questions to get a feel of my technical networking background, then opened the floor to questions where he let out his nicer less serious side. Throughout the process the Executive Assistant has been extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.

Help Desk Technician Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Interview process at Xantrion is nothing if not speedy. I applied to a position online through craigslist and I kid you not, got a phone call from them 15 min later. I've never seen that before. I honestly thought I applied to them weeks ago and forgot about it. The first phone call was straight up no nonsense technical questions to gauge your skill level. The next step was a felt a little odd and out of place. They had me come into their office to take an online multiple choice test that asked questions to determine personality, logic and problem solving skills. The only reasons I found it odd was because I've never taken a test like that on any other interviews and I don't know why they had me come into the office to take it instead just sending me an email link so I could do it at home, other than that, whateves it was fine. The final interview process was actually meeting people including the manager and heads of the company. I really like that they did this all in one sitting rather than stretch it out into a manager/co-worker interview and a head of the company interview.

Help Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Recruiter came on my school's campus. Applied through recruiter. Got a phone call about a day later. Went through what I would say is a phone screen, was asked boiler plate questions. I was then asked to take a personality test, which they sent me a link to through email. After that I had a Skype interview with two managers. After the interview I was told I would hear back by the end of the week, but they made a decision before the end of the same day and passed me an offer. Whole process was quick and only took about 4 days from first contact to passing an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted offer without changes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and Xantrion emailed me back the same day. They verified some information from my resume and then did a phone screen, A+ level stuff. When they said they would call me back the next day, they actually did. I conducted a skype interview with my future manager, and the founder. After that I flew from Detroit area to Oakland for an in person interview and was extended an offer contingent on the background check. The whole process was much faster than with similar companies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a great benefits package and a range of salaries for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

E-mailed my resume through CL, and received a call within a week from Xantrion. Answered some questions over the phone, including a brief technical questionnaire, and then received another call for an interview within the week. I met with the service manager and both owners in the interview, where I was told about the position and asked questions about my experience, detailed technical knowledge, and personal goals. The interview went very well, learned much about how Xantrion works and gained some personal knowledge as well. They called me within a couple days there after with their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, accepted offer straight.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Xantrion.

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. Xantrion were very accommodating to your schedule. The initial phone interview to a face to face interview process was very quick. There is a reason why the hiring process is so stringent, the culture here is one of the best I've seen.

The initial phone interview lasted about 20 mins, with some basic technical questions.
    After a few days, I was schedule for the face to face interview, to meet with the execs and managers. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The benefits are bar none, the process was very smooth and competitive.