Xebia

Relevance Date Difficulty

UI Engineer Interview

UI Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xebia in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1. 1st round: Telephonic technical discussion, question asked mainly from Javascript, jQuery, HTML5, projects etc.
2. Get technical assignment via e-mail, which need to submit in two days but I didn't get time to do it.
2. 2nd round: Face to Face technical discussion, question asked from Javascript, Angular JS, Twitter Bootstrap
3. 3rd round: System assignment based on Angular JS, Bootstrap etc.

Interview Question – No difficult question but were looking for angular JS expert. No logical questions asked. Not seeing the approach of solving problems.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xebia in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Written aptitude
2. Practical problem on finding bugs in an online application
3. Technical Interview - I (on testing concepts and automation concepts with Senior Consultants)
4. Technical Interview - II (on testing architecture and automation architecture)
5. Interview with Director (on Mobile,Web, windows testing concepts, automation reviews)

Interview Question – is BDD any good or is it just a hype?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xebia in May 2014.

Interview Details – Aptitude Round consisted of technical questions as well. 50 questions, 1hr.
Written round.
Face to face discussion based on written round questions. They mainly focus on question solving skills you have. Language no bar, still they prefer Java. I did all my questions in C.
HR round

Interview Question – No any difficult as such. Height of trees which are aline were given in an array. Now find all the trees which will be seen if looked from front.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Xebia.

Interview Details – The Interview process was nice, but now they have reduced the difficulty bars and are letting in many people for strategic reasons. The rounds I faced were:

1. Scheduling from HR after a general discussion and check on communication
2. Basic technology interview - not too hard/ easy peasy around the tech
3. Coding assignment on a problem statement
4. TA pairing on the assignment done followed with a technical interview 2
5. Manager discussion ( which almost makes no sense)
6. HR negotiation for a week for salary etc

and then they ask for salary slips and documents and then release the offer.

Interview Question – TA pairing was nice but would come easy if you are hands on with the technology stack   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation is trivial and the HR might bite you if you are not really good at it.

So be prepared for hard core negotiation here. The future increments would not match other good companies. So negotiate well and in advance

Principal Consultant QA Interview

Principal Consultant QA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xebia.

Interview Details – It start with a good written test (even for sr positions), followed by two intense technical round, followed by leadership round and then a HR round. HR and the interview panel was very cooperative and the process was smooth enough. Its not a single day process.

Interview Question – The overally interview process is amazing and helping, they analyse you to the best and find out what you have actually done and what you have not. Confidence and enthusiasm is the key   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xebia in January 2014.

Interview Details – - Interview Process was smooth and easy.
- had to go to the office only once and rest all rounds were over skype.
- First technical round was written exam, which was difficult but it felt good after clearing it.
- all other technical rounds were experience based.
- The questions that were asked were really good, and if and only if you have worked on the area then only you would be able to answer it.
- Interviewers and HR were very helping

Interview Question – 2 programs that we need to write in the first round.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xebia in January 2014.

Interview Details – Invited more people than they could handle. Interview panel came in after half day. Everyone called out that they only need coders and nothing else. It was told that offer letter will be rolled out same day for the candidates clearing all rounds. After clearing all rounds I was told that they will now give me a coding exercise that needs to be submitted from home. Although my patience barrier was broken but i accepted that and sent that next day. A skype call was arranged but I asked it to be rescheduled because of my office calls. They replied now your attempt has been cancelled. Highly disgusting, frustrating experience.

Interview Question – Questions were not asked by looking at CV, also no one was interested in hearing the answers or experiences. Most of the questions were technically very basic and API based.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xebia in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call through teamlease consultancy. Interview was scheduled in Bangalore on weekend. I arrived at the venue on time and first round of interview started within just 5 min. I was really impressed with process. In first round, i was asked regular oops java questions and then this guy told me that you have not worked on Spring so its not possible to take you on board.

Now i want to ask these people, they sat on CV for almost 1 week and could not see my skill set. Hilarious part was, that guy used the words "In our company everybody knows spring you know.. yo can understand". what the heck this mean.. i am not able to understand till date.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Java/Mobile/Agile Interview

Java/Mobile/Agile
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xebia.

Interview Details – The interview was standard.

1st Round: Quant and DI
2nd Round: Coding ( algo, Strings (extensive questions))
3rd Round: Technical Interview based on previous round and good puzzles. and discussion
                   on your resume/projects.
4th Round: Technical Interview, again more in depth questions and maybe even a program to
                   realize.
5th Round: HR and discussion.

All this one day. and you get a confirmation on the day itself or 2-3 days later,

Interview Question – Umm cant remember, but standard personality and technical questions of java were asked.
Go confidently thats all id suggest.

Q. Why are your graduation marks so low?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Xebia in September 2011.

Interview Details – Programming exercises, based on design pattern. A set of 8-10 programming questions , all based on different design patterns. Application of design pattern is seen in this excercises. Followed by a technical round of interview. Specific foucs on what you did as well as spring is given priority.

Interview Question – In technical round lot of programming questions are asked on different scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered very good package, no negotiation was required

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Xebia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xebia interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xebia employees and interview candidates.