Xebia

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.2

QA Automation Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xebia in December 2014.

I have cleared written which is very difficult. After written i have to go for machine test.But HR Told me that After screening my resume i have not worked with webdriver with java as i have worked Webdrived with c#.So i can leave for a day and she told me there are lots of opening in global logic.You can applied there.they spoil my all day....they should screen my resume first after schedule my interview.....

Interview Questions
    • there are 3 Question in Written.
      1. there is array of heights of Trees and there is a man having some height.Write a function which Written a array which contains the height of Trees and man can see that trees.
      2. there is table in which first column having From email address and another one column to email Address. in 2nd column there more than one email address.write down a function which validate that mail send only one time to every mail address.
      3. there is Number N which lies between 0 and 42k and suppose there are prime no in between 37 and 73. in that number 3 and 7 also prime. write a logic to validate that kind of numbers

View Answer

Java Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xebia in February 2015.

Interview process is really good. The HR was really co-operative. I missed first round of telephonic interview due to office load but the HR rescheduled it again. The interviewer was really nice. We started with TDD as it was mentioned in the job description. He asked me the basic concepts of TDD, how did we implemented in our projects, what are the advantage and disadvantage of TDD. Concept of any mocking framework. Then he asked whether I know BDD or not.

The interviewer seems very technical guy and was really polite and friendly. Then we moved to the core java. As I do not have ample preparation I failed in this round. Most of the questions were asked from basic concepts. He asked me on Cloning, equals hash-code contract, Collection - what is concept of hashing based data structures, different implementation of Set, Map, there differences. When to use which data structure, serialization concept. Comparable and comparator their differences.

It was a nice experience although. Good warm-up for me for the upcoming hiring season :).

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Hash-Map and Linked Hashmap?
      Why we use clone()? What is the purpose.
      TreeSet related questions.
      Difference between Comparable and Comparator.
      TDD and Junit Related questions.

Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xebia in February 2015.

1- Technical round. Technical round is average, interviewer would ask you questions as if its the highly technical round. But in all its average. Be prepared with core concepts, and if you have real working experience, it will not be difficult round for you. [Normal]
    2- Technical Assessment - Coding round. [Normal]
    3- Technical Round - Mainly for coding assignment you did. [Normal]
    4- Techno Managerial Round - Just a normal discussion. They might checking your communications skills. [Normal]
    5- You need to submit your docs, and wait for their response.

Though Recruitment people are good, but you will feel that they might be little arrogant when it comes to salary negotiations. They will treat you like as if you are dying for a job, even if you are working for some good company at good salary.

Salary offered was not at all good. Salary Structure is also not standard as well as not good.

Interview Questions
    • On-line Bill Registration

Problem Statement :

An online bill payment company PayMyBill is looking for creating a portal in Liferay where users can register for their online bill payment. Once users is registered he/she can add, remove and see the added billers for bill payments.

There has to be different billers sites where user can see the more details about the billers.
      PayMyBill also wants to add the admin functionality of adding/removing/editing billers through control panel.

Requirements :

1. Register user for bill payment, after successful registration user should be logged-in and redirected to the next page (Biller Registration) where he/she can add/remove/list billers.
      2. On biller Registration page :
      • Users should be able to add billers by choosing from a list of available billers.
      • Should be able to see the list of added billers
      • Should be able to remove biller from the list
      • There should be a description below the add biller functionality explaining about how user can add the billers, this text should be editable without application deployment.
      • There should be 'Visit Site' button next to each biller, clicking this button should redirect to billers site. These sites should also be created in Liferay Portal for the purpose of the assignment. These sites should be static each having its own look and feel. For the assignment, set up a single site.

3. Provide a way to add billers to the system through Control Panel. Only users with 'Bill Admin' role should be able to see this control panel functionality.
      • There should be three fields to create a biller from control panel entry(Biller Name, Description, Expiration Date).
      • Admin should be able to add, remove and list the billers.
      • Users should be able to see/chose the valid billers (Non expired) on main site.

Code Quality :

1. Write test cases for the code you write.
      2. Use Good OOPS concepts.
      3. Code should be clean, avoid code smell.
      4. Do use proper Exception handling.
      5. Use design patterns wherever possible.

View Answer

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Xebia.

Interview process is good also the attitude of employees is also good.
    There were five technical round and one round on skype so total 6 round . All having very good technical question and design related problems . I cleared all the round and got the offer. But i reject the offer

But PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS COMPANY if you are already working on a MNC. Their package if FAKE . Appendix B and Appendix C are totally fake.
    You will not got a hike of even 10K in your in hand salary and please read the review of other one also its not a good company they do not have good policy and if you are looking for growth then PLEASE this is not a right company.

Interview Questions

FAKE SALARY STRUCTURE. PLEASE DON'T RUIN YOUR CAREER.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Xebia in December 2014.

Interview was easy, was through till the last round, nothing unexpected or tough questions. Simple collection questions, spring mvc/security application. There were no DS/algo questions. In one question I replied him back with LinkedHashMap and the person taking interview was totally blank, there were many such instances where that person had no clue what I was talking about.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was the attitude of the person sitting at the highest position, he was asking very easy questions(over the call) but had a lot of attitude issue(he must be kid or recently promoted to that position), he was talking in very sarcastic way as if he is the smartest person on earth. I had to stop him in middle and explain how one should talk to some other person and leave the interview there itself.   Answer Question

Consultant QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xebia in September 2014.

Applied through Mail and got call from HR.

1) There will be a written round with 3 Pure Java Coding Questions ( make sure to practice some core Java things such as arrays , Strings etc. )
    2) No selenium related Questions in written - that was not fair as profile was for QA Automation Engineer and no Selenium Question was kind of wierd
    3) Very well mannered HR and Call-based Scheduled interview - So no chaos for your return. You just sit and wait..everything will happen automatically - Three cheers for that
    4) After written you will be provided some refreshments if that is late ( In our case we have a written of 2 hours )
    5) After 15-20 minutes , your code will be reviewed by technical panel and they will ask you to explain your code during technical Interview . In my case , 2 Person took my technical Round2.
    i was first asked approach of the questions , if any thing is missing from your end they may ask you to write pseudo code etc.
    Few Questions regarding Selenium /Webdriver difference , No Framework related questions :(
    few DB queries , few Manual testing questions like TestPlan , Strategy and blah blah....

I didn't cleared the Interview , as Coding section was the deciding one and i missed some points in my code.

After TR , HR Shared its feedback and asked what went wrong ( This was a good Experience unlike most of the companies where HR says you can leave for the day ..) .

So , even though i was not selected but Vibrations were quite strong there and if you were a tech-lover guy ..please try Xebia once ..

Interview Questions
    • Java Code instead of Automation Frameworks kinda Stuff ...   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xebia in July 2014.

1. 1st round: Telephonic technical discussion, question asked mainly from Javascript, jQuery, HTML5, projects etc.
    2. Get technical assignment via e-mail, which need to submit in two days but I didn't get time to do it.
    2. 2nd round: Face to Face technical discussion, question asked from Javascript, Angular JS, Twitter Bootstrap
    3. 3rd round: System assignment based on Angular JS, Bootstrap etc.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but were looking for angular JS expert. No logical questions asked. Not seeing the approach of solving problems.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xebia.

The Interview process was nice, but now they have reduced the difficulty bars and are letting in many people for strategic reasons. The rounds I faced were:

1. Scheduling from HR after a general discussion and check on communication
    2. Basic technology interview - not too hard/ easy peasy around the tech
    3. Coding assignment on a problem statement
    4. TA pairing on the assignment done followed with a technical interview 2
    5. Manager discussion ( which almost makes no sense)
    6. HR negotiation for a week for salary etc

and then they ask for salary slips and documents and then release the offer.

Interview Questions
    • TA pairing was nice but would come easy if you are hands on with the technology stack   Answer Question
    The negotiation is trivial and the HR might bite you if you are not really good at it.

So be prepared for hard core negotiation here. The future increments would not match other good companies. So negotiate well and in advance

Principal Consultant QA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xebia.

It start with a good written test (even for sr positions), followed by two intense technical round, followed by leadership round and then a HR round. HR and the interview panel was very cooperative and the process was smooth enough. Its not a single day process.

Interview Questions
    • The overally interview process is amazing and helping, they analyse you to the best and find out what you have actually done and what you have not. Confidence and enthusiasm is the key   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xebia in May 2014.

Aptitude Round consisted of technical questions as well. 50 questions, 1hr.
    Written round.
    Face to face discussion based on written round questions. They mainly focus on question solving skills you have. Language no bar, still they prefer Java. I did all my questions in C.
    HR round

Interview Questions
    • No any difficult as such. Height of trees which are aline were given in an array. Now find all the trees which will be seen if looked from front.   Answer Question