Xebia Java Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xebia in January 2014.

Invited more people than they could handle. Interview panel came in after half day. Everyone called out that they only need coders and nothing else. It was told that offer letter will be rolled out same day for the candidates clearing all rounds. After clearing all rounds I was told that they will now give me a coding exercise that needs to be submitted from home. Although my patience barrier was broken but i accepted that and sent that next day. A skype call was arranged but I asked it to be rescheduled because of my office calls. They replied now your attempt has been cancelled. Highly disgusting, frustrating experience.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were not asked by looking at CV, also no one was interested in hearing the answers or experiences. Most of the questions were technically very basic and API based.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Xebia

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xebia in December 2013.

I got a call through teamlease consultancy. Interview was scheduled in Bangalore on weekend. I arrived at the venue on time and first round of interview started within just 5 min. I was really impressed with process. In first round, i was asked regular oops java questions and then this guy told me that you have not worked on Spring so its not possible to take you on board.

Now i want to ask these people, they sat on CV for almost 1 week and could not see my skill set. Hilarious part was, that guy used the words "In our company everybody knows spring you know.. yo can understand". what the heck this mean.. i am not able to understand till date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xebia in August 2012.

First round was a coding exercise. A problem statement was given, inputs and expected output was also given.Time given to code was 2-2.5 hrs.I was supposed to write an effective java code to show my OOAD skills, clean with no code smells and if possible was supposed to write test cases also. More emphasis was on usage of design pattern.The problem statement was-
    Basic sales tax is applicable at a rate of 10% on all goods, except books, food, and medical products that are exempt.
    Import duty is an additional sales tax applicable on all imported goods at a rate of 5%, with no exemptions.

When I purchase items I receive a receipt which lists the name of all the items and their price (including tax), finishing with the total cost of the items, and the total amounts of sales taxes paid.
    The rounding rules for sales tax are that for a tax rate of n%, a shelf price of p contains (np/100 rounded up to the nearest 0.05) amount of sales tax.

Once the coding was done, code was reviewed and again couple of questions were asked about factory pattern and singleton pattern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xebia in May 2012.

Hiring process at Xebia is simple.
    1st round will be coding round.
    2nd round will be review of the code along with technical discussion (2 people)
    3rd round will be pure technical (resume round) by 2 people
    4th round will be HR round

Interview Questions
    • Core Java
      J2EE
      Frameworkds
      Design Patterns
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xebia in September 2011.

Programming exercises, based on design pattern. A set of 8-10 programming questions , all based on different design patterns. Application of design pattern is seen in this excercises. Followed by a technical round of interview. Specific foucs on what you did as well as spring is given priority.

Interview Questions
    • In technical round lot of programming questions are asked on different scenarios   Answer Question
    Offered very good package, no negotiation was required