Xebia

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xebia in January 2014.

Interview Details – Invited more people than they could handle. Interview panel came in after half day. Everyone called out that they only need coders and nothing else. It was told that offer letter will be rolled out same day for the candidates clearing all rounds. After clearing all rounds I was told that they will now give me a coding exercise that needs to be submitted from home. Although my patience barrier was broken but i accepted that and sent that next day. A skype call was arranged but I asked it to be rescheduled because of my office calls. They replied now your attempt has been cancelled. Highly disgusting, frustrating experience.

Interview Question – Questions were not asked by looking at CV, also no one was interested in hearing the answers or experiences. Most of the questions were technically very basic and API based.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xebia in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call through teamlease consultancy. Interview was scheduled in Bangalore on weekend. I arrived at the venue on time and first round of interview started within just 5 min. I was really impressed with process. In first round, i was asked regular oops java questions and then this guy told me that you have not worked on Spring so its not possible to take you on board.

Now i want to ask these people, they sat on CV for almost 1 week and could not see my skill set. Hilarious part was, that guy used the words "In our company everybody knows spring you know.. yo can understand". what the heck this mean.. i am not able to understand till date.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Xebia in September 2011.

Interview Details – Programming exercises, based on design pattern. A set of 8-10 programming questions , all based on different design patterns. Application of design pattern is seen in this excercises. Followed by a technical round of interview. Specific foucs on what you did as well as spring is given priority.

Interview Question – In technical round lot of programming questions are asked on different scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered very good package, no negotiation was required

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Xebia in August 2012.

Interview Details – First round was a coding exercise. A problem statement was given, inputs and expected output was also given.Time given to code was 2-2.5 hrs.I was supposed to write an effective java code to show my OOAD skills, clean with no code smells and if possible was supposed to write test cases also. More emphasis was on usage of design pattern.The problem statement was-
Basic sales tax is applicable at a rate of 10% on all goods, except books, food, and medical products that are exempt.
Import duty is an additional sales tax applicable on all imported goods at a rate of 5%, with no exemptions.

When I purchase items I receive a receipt which lists the name of all the items and their price (including tax), finishing with the total cost of the items, and the total amounts of sales taxes paid.
The rounding rules for sales tax are that for a tax rate of n%, a shelf price of p contains (np/100 rounded up to the nearest 0.05) amount of sales tax.

Once the coding was done, code was reviewed and again couple of questions were asked about factory pattern and singleton pattern.

Interview Question – Design Pattern   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Xebia in May 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process at Xebia is simple.
1st round will be coding round.
2nd round will be review of the code along with technical discussion (2 people)
3rd round will be pure technical (resume round) by 2 people
4th round will be HR round

Interview Question – Core Java
J2EE
Frameworkds
Design Patterns
  View Answer

Worked for Xebia? Contribute to the Community!