Xerox

Updated Dec 15, 2014

1.7

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Xerox.

Applied for the job on Craigslist, heard back within a week and got an interview almost immediately. Was asked why I wanted to work at Xerox and about my experience in customer service. Interview lasted 5 minutes, was offered the job immediately. Very, very easy interview.

No room for negotiation right away. pay starts at $10 and caps at $13. After 6 months you can apply for different positions within the company that probably pay more.

Other Interview Reviews for Xerox

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox.

The hiring process is very easy, they need so my workers that they have a job fair, and just walk you in and let you select a company to work for, you stay all day doing all the employment forms, they get someone from whichever company to speak to you about what to expect with the company, and you have a job on the spot. Really the only thing nice about working at Xerox

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. Just answer the Question the way you think that they want to hear and as long as it's not to cray or off putting then they will hire \you on the spot,really an extremely easy interview   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase with the job, there are no raises, you work with the pay you started with for your entire duration with the company

Customer Service Representative Interview

For this position you have to be willing to answer situational questions regarding hypothetical customer interactions. You are ranked best with actual examples from previous experience but situational answers help as well. You get asked things such as "when was a time that you had an irate customer and what did you do to turn that situation into a positive experience?" and "if you were given this position and you started at X o'clock, what time would you arrive to work for your shift?"

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest room for improvement   View Answer
    No room for negotiation at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox in October 2014.

Applied online, and got a call a few days after scheduling an interview. Interview was simple. Everyone was professional and nice. Finished most of the initial paperwork right there, then finished with the packet they sent me over e-mail. No unexpected questions. Seems like they have difficulty retaining employees, since there are incentives to get other people hired to the positions, which would explain the ease of the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest situation you encountered at a previous job, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xerox in September 2014.

I applied online. Two weeks went by and I received an email, asking me for more information about my skills. I filled out the questionnaire and received a call to arrange an interview the same day. The interview was conducted by two hiring managers. The current employees that were walking around looked and sounded extremely unprofessional! I felt like I was at a downtown bus stop and not in a professional work environment. Even though both managers had a copy of my resume in hand, neither one asked me anything about my previous work history. One of the managers continually interrupted me while I was attempting to answer a question. Both managers made it clear they did not approve of one of my answers to a question they had asked. Also, one of them unnerved me out by staring at a scar on my forearm. On my out, walking past young females with giant earrings, skin tight jeans and low-cut t-shirts, talking loudly about their upcoming weekend plans, I decided no way did I want to be part of this organization.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard, i.e. "tell us about a work environment that was difficult to adjust to" and "why do you want to work here" and "what about this place will make you happy" and "what is something you need to work on".   Answer Question

This was not for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very skills based assessments. They have average turnover for a customer service call center. Benefits after 90 days. Includes paid holidays, overtime and a cafeteria for the day shift. Paid breaks and 30 minute unpaid lunch.

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox.

Sat in a dirty waiting room and taken to dirty office for interview. Not what I expected for a company like Xerox. I had a resume and it was not needed only need to pass drug test and back ground check. Was hired on the spot and was made promises and took job because of Xerox name and wanted a way into the company. Very unprofessional process.

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xerox in August 2014.

There was a somewhat lengthy online application process, the kind that asks you a bunch of vague multiple-choice questions regarding your personality and only allows you to select from two provided answers, oftentimes not having an answer that would actually be relevant. The PCs provided to applicants in the training room are crusty old Dells running what might have been Windows 95 with monitors turned far brighter than necessary and peripherals from the early 90s. Also, the entire application and assessment process is conducted through a very outdated release of Internet Explorer. To say the least, I felt pretty uncomfortable inputing personal data over what is likely a poorly secured network. They could have easily reformatted those drives to run a sparse Linux distro with Firefox or Chromium, and replaced the clunky old mice and keyboards with some fresh small-budget peripherals (think AmazonBasics), but it seems like everything was donated to them by a pre-Millenium elementary school classroom and they couldn't be bothered to optimize anything. First impressions suggest that this tech company is anything but tech-savvy, or perhaps they just care so little about their bottom rung employees that they can't be bothered to offer them up-to-date tools to use in their workplace. Either way, it's bad news.

The people working in the office were pleasant enough, but it was clear very early on that I wouldn't fit in. As soon as the interviewer got a whiff of an independent nature and an unwillingness to be a brain-dead robot, the interview was as good as finished.

Also, the walls are covered with "Xerox" branded inspirational posters. If you have to constantly remind your employees that their job is great in order to keep morale up, it's probably not very good at all. Employees should want to work for your company without you needing to cover their workspace in mind-numbing ["Xerox is so awesome!"] propaganda.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Xerox in August 2014.

Hiring done by Collabara, it took sometime to get an interview at least 3 weeks, had to take their testing two times since the first time the representative I was working with magically disappeared. Once I got my interview, it was with 2 other people interview with Manager and Team lead very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question if you are a good Customer Service Representative you will be able to answer all questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox in June 2014.

The people that I met with were extremely nice and considerate, they asked if I wanted something to drink between each interview. I interviewed with 3 different people. The atmosphere was pleasant and quite inviting.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the other candidates that we have seen?   Answer Question