Xerox

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Xerox.

Applied for the job on Craigslist, heard back within a week and got an interview almost immediately. Was asked why I wanted to work at Xerox and about my experience in customer service. Interview lasted 5 minutes, was offered the job immediately. Very, very easy interview.

No room for negotiation right away. pay starts at $10 and caps at $13. After 6 months you can apply for different positions within the company that probably pay more.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox.

The hiring process is very easy, they need so my workers that they have a job fair, and just walk you in and let you select a company to work for, you stay all day doing all the employment forms, they get someone from whichever company to speak to you about what to expect with the company, and you have a job on the spot. Really the only thing nice about working at Xerox

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. Just answer the Question the way you think that they want to hear and as long as it's not to cray or off putting then they will hire \you on the spot,really an extremely easy interview   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase with the job, there are no raises, you work with the pay you started with for your entire duration with the company

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Xerox.

I work in staffing and recruiting and have more than a decade of experience in interviewing candidates. I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of communication and follow up after an in person interview. At least the interviewer could respond to a thank you email? If someone is not selected for the position, have the decency to let them know.
    It would also be valuable to have someone on the team who has been there for more than a year.

Customer Service Representative Interview

For this position you have to be willing to answer situational questions regarding hypothetical customer interactions. You are ranked best with actual examples from previous experience but situational answers help as well. You get asked things such as "when was a time that you had an irate customer and what did you do to turn that situation into a positive experience?" and "if you were given this position and you started at X o'clock, what time would you arrive to work for your shift?"

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest room for improvement   View Answer
    No room for negotiation at all

Consultant Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone. The interview was held in a virtual conference and all the team members had a chance to ask questions and answer questions. I was hired shortly after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with unethical behavior in the workplace.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xerox in November 2014.

No receptionist at front lobby desk. You enter into a lobby where you are greeted by a sign that says call extension number...When you call, someone tells you to pick up a "clipboard" and fill out the existing sheet. An unfriendly staff member comes to the lobby after a while and takes you to a training room where you get on an old Klunky Dell computer for testing..headset so large it continued to fall off my head......problems with testing software program; . after the testing, I was met by a girl who said " you were a few keystrokes off" "so I am sorry, you do meet the "fast" track expected by our client....I laughed right in her face.(no kidding, I couldn't manage their equipment pieces)...NOT ONE PERSON IN HR ever spoke to me. I am an experienced (6 years) call center manager where I hired, coached and trained call center employees and I was highly insulted by this company.

Clerical Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox in November 2014.

Interviewed with one person. Did a walk thru, shown what they do in that department. Called back the same day to do a typing/alphanumeric test. Afterwards interviewed with a three person panel.

No negotiation.

Controller Interview

through personal network - got in contact with hiring manager - interviewed with hiring manager, a couple of peers and one level-up - follow-up interview with HR - bla bla bla bla and bla bla bla - bla bla bla bla

Interview Questions
    • this is a very hard place to work at, how would you handle that?   Answer Question
    negotiated bonus % and vacation time

Retention Specialist Interview

You walk in fill out an application there online, pass the proveit2.com customer service assessment tests... Once you pass with 60% or more, and a minimum of 30 WPM or more you will be scheduled for a 1st interview. if that goes well, you will be scheduled for your 2nd interview. If that goes well you will be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    10 base pay + incentives and bonuses.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Xerox.

I got a mail saying that I was selected for an interview and inquired regarding my availability The interview occurred and the hiring manager explained to me about the position and asked me highlight the key points from my resume. Finally, he asked me about my VISA STATUS (I was on a F-1 student visa and required sponsorship for H-1B). The interview was normal and was conversational. Even though I did not get the position, it was a good interview experience for me.