Xerox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Federal Way, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Took forever. I was int here for a little over 4 hours.

Interview Question – They are all common questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There weren't any negotiations. They told you what you get and that's it. Take it or leave it attitude.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Xerox in January 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a hiring event. The recruiters were very well-dressed and prepared for the interview but some of the jobseekers came dressed like they were getting ready to go to the park or something. I was shocked that they were still interviewed and some even hired. The company is fast-growing and willing to hire seemingly almost anyone. There was a typing test and an assessment; both are relatively easy to pass if you are semi-intelligent. Once hired you will have to pass a drug test in Colorado even though marijuana is legal and you will have to have a background check. Hiring was done on the spot.

Interview Question – "Are you willing to work in a BPO (business process outsourcing) environment as a call center agent for a major mobile wireless company?" I did not realize that I would be an indirect agent for another company and not work directly for Xerox.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial pay was nonnegotiable and $9.50 an hour. After six weeks of paid training pay goes up to $10 an hour.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xerox in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online 1 week later I received an e-mail from a recruiter to submit a questionnaire. A few days after I submitted the questionnaire I was invited for a face-to-face interview. I thought the interview went well, although while waiting in the lobby I witnessed some of the most unprofessional activity. I was promised that I would hear back from the recruiter very soon. Two weeks later and still nothing.

Interview Question – Name three weaknesses   Answer Question

Transaction Processor Interview

Transaction Processor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter. That process was simple. Took a 10 key test. must have passed that part, as they called back later the same day to set up the in person interview at the location. I'm pretty sure, and i don't meant to toot my own horn, but i think i was over qualified for this position. After 2 weeks, they sent a random email stating they were going to hire someone else. The job just came back up on the posing board today.

Interview Question – Pretty typical stuff. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xerox in March 2010.

Interview Details – application. computer assessment. interview. we had a mouth swab drug test but they do urine now.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Information Management Specialist Interview

Information Management Specialist
Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple for me as I already worked on-site for the client.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager did all of the negotiation for me.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Xerox in April 2013.

Interview Details – 7 Hour Interview, including lunch and meeting with engineers in several divisions. They were all very informative and professional. It took them two weeks to tell me that they were still deciding between candidates so I took another offer.

Interview Question – No specific engineering questions other than my general knowledge and experience. I was asked several times about my Capstone Design Project.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xerox in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was good

Interview Question – Most difficult was testing it was slow   View Answer

Form I D Interview

Form I D
Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Xerox in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for Form Identification position in Chattanooga, TN mail room. Got a call from a lady at the headquarters and did a small phone interview and discussed the position 2 days later. This lady was very nice. Went in for an in-person interview 2 days later. That's when my problems began. When I got there, the manager I interviewed with said he had none of my information and was just told my name. That was the first thing that made me a little skeptical as to the organization of the company. I came in dressed professionally and throughout the entire interview process, the manager kept saying slick stuff towards me about the way I looked... almost as if he was hitting on me. Not that I haven't dealt with this type of stuff before but I am certain that he wasn't taking me seriously for this position because he was so focused on my looks. I have 7-8 years of experience in this type of position, as well as positions that reach far beyond this level. He wasn't paying attention to any of my qualifications. I haven't received a call for this position and it has been a few days since my interview. I'm turning down this position even if they do call. I find it very unprofessional and uncomfortable that management reacts this way. I honestly feel discriminated against due to being a young woman. I don't believe that I would feel any sense of security with this company. If management acts this way, there's no telling how the entry-level workers act towards one another. I was very offended.

Interview Question – Asked about previous experience and career goals, as usual. Also.... "If we came to you and had to teach you something quickly that had changed, how would you react?" Manager also asked my to "sell myself to him". (Which he added afterwards, "I'm sorry that didn't come out right" and then giggled) One of the many slick things he said.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Xerox in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a phone interview from Dallas, which was professional & motivating. When you get to the actual offices, you may have to wait a long period of time due to the fact they have a large number of applicants waiting ahead of or with you. It's very very easy to get hired, just pass the drug test. You start immediately at a computer, instructed to go thru "pre-screening/testing" activities as a group. I literally felt like my intelligence was insulted. However, the Recruiter that interviewed me,as to offer a position, was very professional & pleasant. But because of the high-volume of applicants, the interviews are fairly rushed. If you are desperate for a job and/or need one til you find an outside occupation you really desire, Xerox Houston it is! ANYONE can get in. Just pass a drug test.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations required. It's an "As Is" company.