Xerox Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xerox (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call and an email. I responded and was asked to complete an assessment. They said I could come in or do it online. I was told to email right away after I finished the assessment. I was called in for am interview the next day. I felt as if it was a very interactive process

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions. My favorite was, Name a time where you had to use your skills to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xerox (East Portland, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

No receptionist at front lobby desk. You enter into a lobby where you are greeted by a sign that says call extension number...When you call, someone tells you to pick up a "clipboard" and fill out the existing sheet. An unfriendly staff member comes to the lobby after a while and takes you to a training room where you get on an old Klunky Dell computer for testing..headset so large it continued to fall off my head......problems with testing software program; . after the testing, I was met by a girl who said " you were a few keystrokes off" "so I am sorry, you do meet the "fast" track expected by our client....I laughed right in her face.(no kidding, I couldn't manage their equipment pieces)...NOT ONE PERSON IN HR ever spoke to me. I am an experienced (6 years) call center manager where I hired, coached and trained call center employees and I was highly insulted by this company.

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xerox (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

There are 2 current processes with applying for their call center positions. Online and sometimes during large hiring they allow walk ins.
    There are some general computer tests they have you take to make sure you understand the world of customer service (pretty easy) and then they have you take an audio test where you listen to scenarios and answer questions based upon what you heard (take notes and write small)
    Lastly they have you take a 1 and 3 minute typing test. They are looking for around 30-35wpm, I averaged 65 so that wasn't too much of a concern.
    If you pass all of those then you move onto the first interview which is mainly them going over your resume and ask a few scenario question (ie how would you handle an upset customer)
    If you seem like a fit after they explain the position then you meet with a supervisor of the account you are in line for.
    That interview is pretty much the same as the first however they have more info on the account you would be working with so ask questions.
    If both interviewers give you the thumbs up you get offered the job on the spot and setup for a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• none, they were pretty standard scenario questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

flat rate take it or leave it. there is possibilities for added hourly rate if you make your goals

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xerox (Portland, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

1st interview was a little surprise, as it was not quite an interview but more of a computer testing, ability and skills evaluation BEFORE the one on one interview. After the skills assesment, I m et with an HR Rep and went over my testing scores and job specifics.

Interview Questions

• name your biggest fault (I try not to dwell on the negative)   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation.. they askes if I was willing to work at their base pay ... w/ chances to make more per hour.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Phone Interview then on-campus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable negotiation process.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

My interview consisted of a presentation given to the prospective research group, followed by a succession of one-hour interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Identifying the mathematical forms behind hand-drawn plots of data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was easy. I was able to negotiate a 20% raise over current, and an extra week of vacation.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xerox (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

The contact I made with Xerox was friendly and very communicative. I initially had a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. My interviewer gave me a timeline for hearing back from them and then promptly followed that to a tee. I was invited for an on-site interview that included lunch and a manufacturing tour. I interviewed with 3 pairs of people, ate lunch with them and took a tour of the facility. They were very nice and relaxed during all three of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was handed a P&ID and asked to tell them what I was looking at explain what I could about the process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview ran through a practical Infobank project. Then called in for the primary. Went in for a 3rd interview and had the job. It was a simple process and yet effective and felt a great sense of professionalism

Interview Questions

• What are two of your qualities that you feel are your lesser if you had to mention one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked questions about the job, what they offer, how much the benefits were for the job at hand. What kind of opportunites would I have to move further up in my Career with Xerox, other benefits they may have as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xerox (Tigard, OR).

Interview

Online ap, one on one interview, computer skills assessment

Negotiation

Nothing, 9.50 hr with false claims of making up to 12.00 hr

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Xerox (Tigard, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

The process began at a job fair. Was invited in the next day for an interview. Completed the application online in their office and then took an assessment test. Interviewed with an HR rep with just some very basic questions. She told me she'd like to have me interview with a hiring manager. Waited maybe 10 minutes for second interview. Was walked through the phone center - yep, looked like command central. Looked like it was an enjoyable place to work and the employees are allowed to have a little fun (so important in this type of job setting). Second interview went well. Behavioral interview type of questions. Was told on the spot that I would be recommended for hire. Back to the recruiting office, back in with the same HR rep. Was offered a job. Pay is not great, honestly, the biggest detractor, by FAR. I asked for some time to consider it. It's a big company with (I would expect) lots of opportunity for upward mobility and with it, increased pay. The training offered sounds very good. The tracking of your time from minute to minute is interesting. Potentially high pressure to perform quantity over quality. Still considering it...almost out of time though. Hard to walk away from a job in this economy, even with very low pay.

Interview Questions

• Again, behavioral style questions. Don't recall exactly but something akin to "tell me about a time when you contributed to a team" or "tell me about a time when you did a really good job for a customer and how you felt about it"   Answer Question

Still thinking, but honestly the ONLY reason for declining is the very low pay. This would be an excellent job for someone just starting out in this industry and ready to work their way up.