Xerox

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xerox in August 2010.

Interview Details – The Xerox interview process is best described as a marathon. They will ask you questions ranging from soft skills (assessing how you will interact with others) to full on engineering problems. Interviews are one on one and last about 30-60 minutes each. Each interviewer has an area that they are assessing. There was a nice dinner after the interviews. All interactions are professional and fairly congenial. HR was responsive to getting me to and from the interview as well as following up with an offer after the interviews were done.

Interview Question – What is the part, what does it do, and what can be done to make it better? What are the design flaws?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some room for negotiation, but only by a few thousand dollars.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Xerox in December 2013.

Interview Details – The contact I made with Xerox was friendly and very communicative. I initially had a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. My interviewer gave me a timeline for hearing back from them and then promptly followed that to a tee. I was invited for an on-site interview that included lunch and a manufacturing tour. I interviewed with 3 pairs of people, ate lunch with them and took a tour of the facility. They were very nice and relaxed during all three of the interviews.

Interview Question – I was handed a P&ID and asked to tell them what I was looking at explain what I could about the process.   View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then on-campus interview

Interview Question – None where too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable negotiation process.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of a presentation given to the prospective research group, followed by a succession of one-hour interview sessions.

Interview Question – Identifying the mathematical forms behind hand-drawn plots of data.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was easy. I was able to negotiate a 20% raise over current, and an extra week of vacation.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Tigard, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Xerox in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fine. I was interviewed, tested, and hired the same day.

Interview Question – Dealing with angry customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Tigard, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Online ap, one on one interview, computer skills assessment

Negotiation Details – Nothing, 9.50 hr with false claims of making up to 12.00 hr

Customer Service Representative
Tigard, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process began at a job fair. Was invited in the next day for an interview. Completed the application online in their office and then took an assessment test. Interviewed with an HR rep with just some very basic questions. She told me she'd like to have me interview with a hiring manager. Waited maybe 10 minutes for second interview. Was walked through the phone center - yep, looked like command central. Looked like it was an enjoyable place to work and the employees are allowed to have a little fun (so important in this type of job setting). Second interview went well. Behavioral interview type of questions. Was told on the spot that I would be recommended for hire. Back to the recruiting office, back in with the same HR rep. Was offered a job. Pay is not great, honestly, the biggest detractor, by FAR. I asked for some time to consider it. It's a big company with (I would expect) lots of opportunity for upward mobility and with it, increased pay. The training offered sounds very good. The tracking of your time from minute to minute is interesting. Potentially high pressure to perform quantity over quality. Still considering it...almost out of time though. Hard to walk away from a job in this economy, even with very low pay.

Interview Question – Again, behavioral style questions. Don't recall exactly but something akin to "tell me about a time when you contributed to a team" or "tell me about a time when you did a really good job for a customer and how you felt about it"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Still thinking, but honestly the ONLY reason for declining is the very low pay. This would be an excellent job for someone just starting out in this industry and ready to work their way up.

Customer Service Representative
Tigard, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xerox in April 2013.

Interview Details – The process started online. They had posted an ad on Craigslist and I submitted my information and filled out a 30 min. assessment. The assessment asked basic questions to make sure they could trust you with customers and assessed skills that you would use at the job. They called me a few minutes after the assessment was finished and I came in for a short interview. Then a second longer interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xerox in January 2011.

Interview Details – One interview is based on behavioral questions that is conducted by the recruiter. The second interview is with the manager. Technical questions are asked, which include engineering fundamentals and problems solving.

Interview Question – What are the 3 kinds of heat transfer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base hourly rate plus relocation assistance.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Be prepared to provide specific examples of your technical skills, including engineering theory, analysis, statistical methods, GD&T, heat transfer, CAD, problem solving, etc. The Xerox interview process is rigorous and the expectations are high; the team has a high level of technical competence and won't be fooled by any hand waving.

Interview Question – Some managers present candidates with a box full of interesting engineering "toys," and ask the candidate to explain how they work or what the phenomenon is that is demonstrated in the toy design. This is more about how you think and approach problems than getting the perfect answers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Xerox

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox interview questions and advice in Oregon. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xerox employees and interview candidates.