Xerox Interview Questions & Reviews in Rochester, NY

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Xerox in April 2013.

7 Hour Interview, including lunch and meeting with engineers in several divisions. They were all very informative and professional. It took them two weeks to tell me that they were still deciding between candidates so I took another offer.

Interview Questions
    • No specific engineering questions other than my general knowledge and experience. I was asked several times about my Capstone Design Project.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Xerox in January 2010.

Proactively sought for position based on my industry relevant experience. Multiple telephone interviews and then one in-person rapid fire interview day. Seemed extremely protracted process as if the hiring process was not a priority. HR rep deferred every question and action to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Requirement to provide current and prior year W-2 suggesting that past compensation was relevant to the hiring position. Never experienced that requirement anywhere else.   View Answer
    Some negotiation but look days to iterate.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xerox in March 2010.

The most common way to get into this company it to know someone. It is very difficult to get hired or advance without having connections that can help you along the way. Foster as many relationships as you can, and be genuine.

Internal Offer, take it or leave it

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Xerox.

Conducted through a phone interview

Consumables Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Xerox in May 2010.

I had 2 interviews for their intern process and they were both via phone. All were behavioral questions and no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Granted this was during the worst economic times.

Intellectual Property Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

interviewed at Xerox in April 2009.

The entire hiring, interview and negotiation process was very streamlined and simple. The company's initial offer was more than I expected so I said yes right away. The came to my graduate school (MBA) and made a presentation on the opportunities and benefits of working for their company.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a very difficult hiring and interview process. The only somewhat hard part was a long case study that I had to discuss with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Perl Developer/UNIX Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xerox in June 2009.

Received a call from a co-worker from long ago who offered me this job on the spot. This is highly unusual, however. As someone who has interviewed others who have accepted jobs at Xerox, the interview process usually consists with a brief phone screen interview followed by a face-to-face interview with multiple people. The last interview I gave involved four people talking to the applicant and asking technical questions to try to gauge her technical skill.

After we decided we wanted to hire this person, Human Resources took several weeks to get an offer letter sent out.

Requested a reasonable amount based on salary survey information for people in my field and my request was granted.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Contacted Recruiter with cover letter and resume. Recruiter set up phone interview and then interviews with 5 different hiring managers. These interviews covered different areas within the finance community all on the same day. After interviews were complete I was contacted with the offer and requested to get all necessary drug tests. Negotiations followed.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xerox in July 2010.

First I had a phone interview and then was flown in for an in-person interview. I spoke with the hiring manager as well as the people I would be working with closely- a total of five people. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xerox in February 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position they had open. The first round of interviews was with a panel of three people. I believe one of the people I interviewed with was the boss of the position I was applying for, and the other two were co-workers. The questions they asked were scenario-based in the HR field, like "What would you do if a manager called to inform you a worker was hurt while on the job". I found it to feel a little unorganized. The interview started late on there account, and nobody took notes during the duration.

The second round of interviews were two 1-on-1 conversations with a vice president and another individual whom I was not told who they were. They were both very unstructured, and more a conversational setting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    I was made an offer, and countered on my offer for more money, to which I had to provide W-2s.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!