Xerox

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tarrytown, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xerox in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic technical questions related with latest trends of .NET

Interview Question – Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't went into any negotiations. Went for the brand name.

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in February 2009.

Interview Details – I walked into the office in downtown Rochester, the office seemed really big and organized. Then after talking to security I was taken to the 16th floor where I had a 2:1 interview. The first guy I couldn't understand his foreign accent too well, but the 2nd guy I could. They described the job as using the google maps API to pinpoint where to send out technicians to repair things. I believe they asked me about ASP.NET experience and Javascript. After a few questions I had them sold and they actually walked me to my car. They seemed really friendly, however their offer was not enticing enough to leave school for 6 months.

Interview Question – How would you deal with really bad code?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to study instead

El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in December 2007.

Interview Details – I first met them at a career fair at my school. The rep was extremely friendly and although I had only stopped there because he smiled at me, he immediately made me interested in the company. He made sure to ask me what my career goals were and wrote them down at the top of my resume to make sure he didn't forget. True to his word, he got my resume in and I was contacted soon for an interview.

The actual interview took place onsite and lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 4 different managers, each lasting half an hour. My first interview was half behavioral and half technical, ending with a whiteboard question. A member from the team was also present in this interview. My next 2 interviews were mostly talking about the company and only slightly technical. The last interview had a question similar to "How many televisions do you think are in the United States". The first manager and the third manager were both very friendly although the second and the fourth seemed rather bored.

The main advice I would give is just to be very enthusiastic about Xerox. The people who work there have such a huge sense of pride in the company and they are very loyal to Xerox. You should sound very excited to have the chance of interviewing there. Do research before you go - make sure you know the current news about Xerox and then try to bring that up in your interview so you can show you really know the company. Also, Xerox loves "horizontal learning" - talk about things you have done just for the experience instead of just doing it to further your career.

Interview Question – Write a function that determines the number of 1 bits in the computer's internal representation of a given integer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I actually interviewed for an intern position so I could not negotiate for that. However, after my internship was over, I was offered a full time position for when I graduated and the salary was definitely comparable to other similar companies. However, I still looked around and got another offer. Although the salary was lower, they were able to provide me with a bonus which I mentioned to Xerox. I was able to negotiate a starting bonus which was very generous of them. My advice is if you have another offer, tell Xerox and most likely they will try to negotiate to convince you to accept their offer.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was transferring to another account within the same company. I just submitted my resume and then had a fifteen to twenty minute phone conversation with the hiring manager. There was no questions about my skill set or experience. Mostly discussed current and future projects. The hiring manager had already asked my current manager about me, so it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes, i put on my appliction 70K a year, they offered 64K. i declined. they called back 3 weeks later and offered 67K. i accepted

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview: behavior interview, technical points as well as how do you deal with success or failure at your previous workplace. Technical points: C/C++, Java, Printing system, Solaris, Solaris Debugger, Software management system, Remedy: from basic to expert level. Behavior interview: how did you deal with any success/failure ? Describe any of your competency.

Interview Question – Describe your success/failure in your previous workplace   Answer Question

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!