Xerox Web Developer Placement Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Web Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xerox (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

1) applied with CV and extra online questions, eg 'tell us about a time when you worked in a team'
2) online verbal and numeric test
3) assessment centre - an exercise specific to the job role (built a web page), a group exercise (built a tower out of marshmallows and spaghetti sticks), and panel interview (2 people) with a presentation about myself to them.

1 and 2 was easy, and looking back at 3 it was ok, standard questions and exercise. But I didn't feel comfortable at the assessment centre. This was one of my first interviews, so of course I was nervous. It didn't help that they were all (managers, staff, HR and existing placement employees) observing us and taking notes. Even when we were eating lunch they stood to the side, did not participate in the conversation and took notes.

It also didn't help that Welwyn Garden City isn't exactly the most vibrant places to be.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about teamwork and your reactions to various scenarios. E.g. what do you do when your angry?   Answer Question