Xerox

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

User Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox.

There was a telephonic interview with the hiring manager, the first round followed by an screen share discussion the next day on how user testing takes place at xerox

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox.

Hired 26 years ago from contract to hire. No interview process

did not negotiate

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xerox in December 2013.

Phone interview or onsite presentation of your research work.
    If you are in town, you should give an onsite presentation to the whole research group.

Otherwise, you may need to present your work to the whole group using Webex. The whole group may ask you questions during your presentation.

Normally, you should have an assigned main contact researcher, who is going to be your mentor for your internship. However, the whole group may also give their suggestions. Since this is a research position, many Ph.D students will apply. It's pretty competitive.

No negotiation phase. All interns have the same salary.

Client Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xerox in November 2013.

Simple 20 minute interview. Manager asked basic questions about previous experience. Very laid back. Manager explained the position more than asking questions about my past work experience. Be able to explain past customer service roles thoroughly and explain how your customer service experience can help in this role.

Client Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox.

In person interview with direct report manager (IDM) and current CAM. 2nd interview by phone with VP hiring manager. Very typical interview questions, except for one asking "can you describe cloud computing?", which has nothing to do with the position. Hiring process delayed due to VP schedule, otherwise end to end process would have been 2-3 weeks instead of 30 days. Hired as a contractor not direct EE, with verbal promise of direct hiring in one year. This never materialized and doesn't appear to be an option in this Global Delivery organization.

Interview Questions
    • can you describe cloud computing, which is unrelated to position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation permitted.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox in May 2013.

I explained past projects I worked on and then convinced me why I should work there. I talked with three different managers and all there were the same way. There weren't really any questions. All three managers gave me a tour of three different areas. Overall it was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. They didn't really ask me any questions.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate

Emulsion Aggregate Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xerox in May 2012.

This position is recruited for using one or two local contract agencies in the Rochester area. They post on craigslist, among other sites. You send your resume to a recruiter, who will contact you as long as you have a scientific degree. You have to take an aptitude test at the recruiting agency location. The test consists of some factory basics (if a hand valve in a picture is open or closed), some additional manufacturing safety principles (lock out tag out system), your ability to follow a piping diagram, and some very basic scientific questions (basic understanding of acids and bases). If you pass the aptitude test your resume is forwarded to Xerox. A hiring manager at Xerox will tell the recruiter if they want you for an interview and that will be scheduled. The interview is a panel interview with at least 3 people. These people are middle/upper management who you will not interact with much after the interview. At the end of the interview you are given a tour of the plant, during which you will need closed toed shoes (high heels are allowed, but you will have trouble), safety glasses, and a hard hat (they provide you with glasses and the hard hat). You will usually hear back about whether they want to hire you within days after the interview. I heard in less than 24 hours. If you accept, you will have to take a drug test and fill out paperwork at the temp agency. The recruiter runs a background check which takes a week, then you start on a Monday for training at Xerox. The communication for everything was evenly split between email and telephone calls.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very similar, and they were all open ended. I was caught off guard simply by the broadness of each question. I also found it tough not to repeat myself, since the questions were repetitive. Examples: Tell us about a time you had to make a decision and you didn't have as much information as you would have liked, Have you ever been in a position where you and your supervisor didn't see eye to eye, How would you deal with conflict with a coworker, etc..   View Answer
    There is no negotiating. You have terms, you accept them, or you don't take the job. There is no wiggle room for salary. The best you can do is delay your start date if necessary.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xerox in March 2012.

Interview Questions
    • All the technical questions were based on my research, so nothing was really tough.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox in November 2011.

Was contacted by a recruiter who submitted me to the employer.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have SVP (senior vice president) type experience.   View Answer

Member of Research Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xerox in May 2011.

The job posting was not public and I passed my resume through a college alum. Got a request for my complete publication list and selected full papers. Then the hiring manager made a phone interview. Not quized on technical questions, more about resume and how you solve problems.
    Got an onsite: first day visit the customer learning center, dinner with two employees. The next day is a full day, one-hour presentation, nine one-on-one interviews and lunch. The big bosses mostly asked about behavior questions. Research staff asked about research. Again not quized. Everyone very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in industry instead of academia?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.