Xerox Interview Questions in Webster, NY

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very organized and they got back to me very quickly! Everyone was very nice and professional. The Recruiter knew a lot about the company and the job and explained it all to me in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a positive experience with a customer?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an email from the in-house recruiter to schedule a call with the hiring manager, who was located in another state. It was a fairly lengthy call (about 45 minutes) where he probed into my background and asked me lots of questions. By the end of the call, he offered me a call to meet the person I would be replacing in my state. After the interview, I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position and discuss salary.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral/situational questions as well as background information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a 5% increase in their initial salary offer, and they immediately agreed.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I believe it was just a series of phone interviews. I received an offer after the last interview which was a technical interview for 30 mins with the manager. You will be required to take a drug test within 3 days of receiving the offer letter.

IMPORTANT/WARNING: I was offered the job, accepted, then a little over a month down the road the offer was rescinded unexpectedly!

The offer letter I received stated a 3.0 GPA was required. I went to one college for 2 years and transferred to another for 2 more years. When I received the offer letter, I told the manager that sent me the offer that I don't meet the GPA requirements at my second school, I have a 2.85 at my second school and a 3.4 at my first. He replied saying that he spoke with the HR department and Xerox could average the two GPA grades together. I have this conversation over an email.

They received my first schools transcript first. After around 6 weeks when they received my transcript for my second school, I received an email from the manager saying that the offer was rescinded because of a poor GPA and I would receive a call from the hiring manager.

After a week of trying to straighten things out by talking to managers, HR and the hiring manager, nothing was going to change. For those who may not have known about averaging the two GPA grades together, I forwarded the email conversation about that.

I had 3 other job offers that I turned down for this one. I waited a long time to just find out the offer was rescinded. The accepting process was irritating because the online account had technical issues.

NOTE: BE CAREFUL WHEN ACCEPTING AN OFFER FROM THIS COMPANY

NOTE: BE CAREFUL WHEN ACCEPTING AN OFFER FROM THIS COMPANY

User Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY).

Interview

There was a telephonic interview with the hiring manager, the first round followed by an screen share discussion the next day on how user testing takes place at xerox

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY).

Interview

Hired 26 years ago from contract to hire. No interview process

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview or onsite presentation of your research work.
    If you are in town, you should give an onsite presentation to the whole research group.

Otherwise, you may need to present your work to the whole group using Webex. The whole group may ask you questions during your presentation.

Normally, you should have an assigned main contact researcher, who is going to be your mentor for your internship. However, the whole group may also give their suggestions. Since this is a research position, many Ph.D students will apply. It's pretty competitive.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. All interns have the same salary.

Client Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple 20 minute interview. Manager asked basic questions about previous experience. Very laid back. Manager explained the position more than asking questions about my past work experience. Be able to explain past customer service roles thoroughly and explain how your customer service experience can help in this role.

Client Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY).

Interview

In person interview with direct report manager (IDM) and current CAM. 2nd interview by phone with VP hiring manager. Very typical interview questions, except for one asking "can you describe cloud computing?", which has nothing to do with the position. Hiring process delayed due to VP schedule, otherwise end to end process would have been 2-3 weeks instead of 30 days. Hired as a contractor not direct EE, with verbal promise of direct hiring in one year. This never materialized and doesn't appear to be an option in this Global Delivery organization.

Interview Questions

• can you describe cloud computing, which is unrelated to position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation permitted.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I explained past projects I worked on and then convinced me why I should work there. I talked with three different managers and all there were the same way. There weren't really any questions. All three managers gave me a tour of three different areas. Overall it was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. They didn't really ask me any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate

Emulsion Aggregate Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

This position is recruited for using one or two local contract agencies in the Rochester area. They post on craigslist, among other sites. You send your resume to a recruiter, who will contact you as long as you have a scientific degree. You have to take an aptitude test at the recruiting agency location. The test consists of some factory basics (if a hand valve in a picture is open or closed), some additional manufacturing safety principles (lock out tag out system), your ability to follow a piping diagram, and some very basic scientific questions (basic understanding of acids and bases). If you pass the aptitude test your resume is forwarded to Xerox. A hiring manager at Xerox will tell the recruiter if they want you for an interview and that will be scheduled. The interview is a panel interview with at least 3 people. These people are middle/upper management who you will not interact with much after the interview. At the end of the interview you are given a tour of the plant, during which you will need closed toed shoes (high heels are allowed, but you will have trouble), safety glasses, and a hard hat (they provide you with glasses and the hard hat). You will usually hear back about whether they want to hire you within days after the interview. I heard in less than 24 hours. If you accept, you will have to take a drug test and fill out paperwork at the temp agency. The recruiter runs a background check which takes a week, then you start on a Monday for training at Xerox. The communication for everything was evenly split between email and telephone calls.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very similar, and they were all open ended. I was caught off guard simply by the broadness of each question. I also found it tough not to repeat myself, since the questions were repetitive. Examples: Tell us about a time you had to make a decision and you didn't have as much information as you would have liked, Have you ever been in a position where you and your supervisor didn't see eye to eye, How would you deal with conflict with a coworker, etc..   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You have terms, you accept them, or you don't take the job. There is no wiggle room for salary. The best you can do is delay your start date if necessary.