Xerox

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xerox in August 2010.

Interview Details – The Xerox interview process is best described as a marathon. They will ask you questions ranging from soft skills (assessing how you will interact with others) to full on engineering problems. Interviews are one on one and last about 30-60 minutes each. Each interviewer has an area that they are assessing. There was a nice dinner after the interviews. All interactions are professional and fairly congenial. HR was responsive to getting me to and from the interview as well as following up with an offer after the interviews were done.

Interview Question – What is the part, what does it do, and what can be done to make it better? What are the design flaws?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some room for negotiation, but only by a few thousand dollars.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Xerox in December 2013.

Interview Details – The contact I made with Xerox was friendly and very communicative. I initially had a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. My interviewer gave me a timeline for hearing back from them and then promptly followed that to a tee. I was invited for an on-site interview that included lunch and a manufacturing tour. I interviewed with 3 pairs of people, ate lunch with them and took a tour of the facility. They were very nice and relaxed during all three of the interviews.

Interview Question – I was handed a P&ID and asked to tell them what I was looking at explain what I could about the process.   View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then on-campus interview

Interview Question – None where too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable negotiation process.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of a presentation given to the prospective research group, followed by a succession of one-hour interview sessions.

Interview Question – Identifying the mathematical forms behind hand-drawn plots of data.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was easy. I was able to negotiate a 20% raise over current, and an extra week of vacation.

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xerox in January 2011.

Interview Details – One interview is based on behavioral questions that is conducted by the recruiter. The second interview is with the manager. Technical questions are asked, which include engineering fundamentals and problems solving.

Interview Question – What are the 3 kinds of heat transfer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base hourly rate plus relocation assistance.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Xerox.

Interview Details – Be prepared to provide specific examples of your technical skills, including engineering theory, analysis, statistical methods, GD&T, heat transfer, CAD, problem solving, etc. The Xerox interview process is rigorous and the expectations are high; the team has a high level of technical competence and won't be fooled by any hand waving.

Interview Question – Some managers present candidates with a box full of interesting engineering "toys," and ask the candidate to explain how they work or what the phenomenon is that is demonstrated in the toy design. This is more about how you think and approach problems than getting the perfect answers.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was an all day thing. There were 8-10 different interviews. The questions were difficult, technical. Very intensive on use of problem solving techniques. Some not too friendly, others were friendly. The hardest interviews of my career. Did end up getting the job but offer was not timely. They did pay for the move.

Interview Question – Name 5 ways you have used problem solving to fix problems in your last job.   Answer Question

Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xerox in September 2011.

Interview Details – Screening interview consisted of basic engineering questions, relating to stress strain curves and related equations mostly. I was also asked a bunch of questions about successes, failures, working on a team, a time when a member on a team wasn't performing, etc. At the end of the interview, he asked a problem solving question about a rope and a clock. It was a good question that I didn't have the "correct" answer for, but the "correct" answer doesn't seem like a great one. Mine was better actually.

Interview Question – If you only had a rope and a alarm clock, how would you measure the height of a building?   View Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xerox in December 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was fun and easy. It was a one on one interview, with the standard initial interview questions and a few basic technical questions. Really simple engineering concept questions.

They invited me for an interview day that consisted of 5 one on one interviews each an hour long, plus a lunch break. The one on ones were very challenging, almost completely technical questions except for the last one. All of the interviewers were friendly and helpfull, but definitely demanding. It helped that I prepared ahead of time!

Interview Questions

• Presented a part drawing and asked how I would define the datum structure.   Answer Question
  • Presented a part and was asked what were the issues that would cause the anomaly in the feedback graph.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox interview questions and advice in Wilsonville, OR. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xerox employees and interview candidates.