Xerox

3.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xerox.

Phone Interview then on-campus interview

Reasonable negotiation process.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xerox.

My interview consisted of a presentation given to the prospective research group, followed by a succession of one-hour interview sessions.

Interview Questions
    • Identifying the mathematical forms behind hand-drawn plots of data.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was easy. I was able to negotiate a 20% raise over current, and an extra week of vacation.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xerox in December 2013.

The contact I made with Xerox was friendly and very communicative. I initially had a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. My interviewer gave me a timeline for hearing back from them and then promptly followed that to a tee. I was invited for an on-site interview that included lunch and a manufacturing tour. I interviewed with 3 pairs of people, ate lunch with them and took a tour of the facility. They were very nice and relaxed during all three of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was handed a P&ID and asked to tell them what I was looking at explain what I could about the process.   View Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xerox.

Be prepared to provide specific examples of your technical skills, including engineering theory, analysis, statistical methods, GD&T, heat transfer, CAD, problem solving, etc. The Xerox interview process is rigorous and the expectations are high; the team has a high level of technical competence and won't be fooled by any hand waving.

Interview Questions
    • Some managers present candidates with a box full of interesting engineering "toys," and ask the candidate to explain how they work or what the phenomenon is that is demonstrated in the toy design. This is more about how you think and approach problems than getting the perfect answers.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox in December 2011.

The phone interview was fun and easy. It was a one on one interview, with the standard initial interview questions and a few basic technical questions. Really simple engineering concept questions.

They invited me for an interview day that consisted of 5 one on one interviews each an hour long, plus a lunch break. The one on ones were very challenging, almost completely technical questions except for the last one. All of the interviewers were friendly and helpfull, but definitely demanding. It helped that I prepared ahead of time!

Interview Questions
    • Presented a part drawing and asked how I would define the datum structure.   Answer Question
    • Presented a part and was asked what were the issues that would cause the anomaly in the feedback graph.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox in September 2011.

Screening interview consisted of basic engineering questions, relating to stress strain curves and related equations mostly. I was also asked a bunch of questions about successes, failures, working on a team, a time when a member on a team wasn't performing, etc. At the end of the interview, he asked a problem solving question about a rope and a clock. It was a good question that I didn't have the "correct" answer for, but the "correct" answer doesn't seem like a great one. Mine was better actually.

Interview Questions
    • If you only had a rope and a alarm clock, how would you measure the height of a building?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xerox in January 2011.

One interview is based on behavioral questions that is conducted by the recruiter. The second interview is with the manager. Technical questions are asked, which include engineering fundamentals and problems solving.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 kinds of heat transfer?   View Answer
    I was offered a base hourly rate plus relocation assistance.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xerox in August 2010.

The Xerox interview process is best described as a marathon. They will ask you questions ranging from soft skills (assessing how you will interact with others) to full on engineering problems. Interviews are one on one and last about 30-60 minutes each. Each interviewer has an area that they are assessing. There was a nice dinner after the interviews. All interactions are professional and fairly congenial. HR was responsive to getting me to and from the interview as well as following up with an offer after the interviews were done.

Interview Questions
    • What is the part, what does it do, and what can be done to make it better? What are the design flaws?   Answer Question
    There was some room for negotiation, but only by a few thousand dollars.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xerox in June 2008.

It was an all day thing. There were 8-10 different interviews. The questions were difficult, technical. Very intensive on use of problem solving techniques. Some not too friendly, others were friendly. The hardest interviews of my career. Did end up getting the job but offer was not timely. They did pay for the move.

Interview Questions
    • Name 5 ways you have used problem solving to fix problems in your last job.   Answer Question